Ryzen 5700X3D for $200

ugh.... so tempting.. but.. as a previous poster stated.. this is still a 105W CPU.. and how good are these.. considering they are 5800X3D rejects

ugh.... so tempting.. but.. as a previous poster stated.. this is still a 105W CPU.. and how good are these.. considering they are 5800X3D rejects
How good they are is well documented. Are you wondering after watching/reading a few reviews or just not sure in general?

You can try price matching on Best Buy chat.
Unfortunately, the model/part number differs by one character.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amd-ry...ktop-processor-silver/6573560.p?skuId=6573560
I just looked at the pages again, and the UPC's are the same: 730143316088

Looks like MC simply made a typo on the part number. Anyone interested in one of these, should chat with Best Buy. You can also typically get 4-8% cashback (max of $50 back) with retailmenot, at Best Buy.
Rakuten does BB cashback as well, but they usually have heavy restrictions on which item categories. So, pay attention. Retailmenot only restricts Apple products from cashback at BB.

If I didn't already have a 5700x, I'd upgrade to this. AM4 is dead to me tho.

Nice find with the Best Buy match.

AM4 longevity has been legendary. AMD really delivered on there promise. for a budget build this chip at 200$ might be still tempting in the right situation
For those of us who are waiting for the prices to come down on Ryzen 9000 series hardware in a couple of years!

bought my 7800x3d like 8 months ago for $350, well worth the $150 extra over this "deal"
For $420 shipped, I bought a 5950x, MSI Meg B550, and 64 GB 3600 RAM about a month and a half ago. For some people, this 5700x3d is a good deal.

In a year or two, you may be able to buy a used 7800x3d, B650 board, and 64 GB of RAM for $500.

bought my 7800x3d like 8 months ago for $350, well worth the $150 extra over this "deal"
Disagree! This is an excellent deal, the performance difference between 7800X3D and 5800X3D/5700X3D at 4K Resolution is ~3% difference! This is just a drop into existing AM4 Builds, the money saved from moving into expensive AM5 Platform is spent on a new GPU when those drop in price and go on sale!

Interesting that Amazon and Newegg have no "official" 5800x3D listings today, just the usual overpriced 3rd party reseller listings.

Disagree! This is an excellent deal, the performance difference between 7800X3D and 5800X3D/5700X3D at 4K Resolution is ~3% difference! This is just a drop into existing AM4 Builds, the money saved from moving into expensive AM5 Platform is spent on a new GPU when those drop in price and go on sale!

AM5 isn't that expensive. That's a 2 year old argument. If you were buying new anyway, the difference is only slightly more at this point and has an upgrade path going forward vs. a dead end platform.

Obviously, if you already have an AM4 setup, then it's a great upgrade for an older AM4 CPU, but it's the end of the road. AM5 has a future path with another generation or two of CPUs.

Yeah this is a strong last upgrade option for anyone who has a decent AM4 mobo/setup to extend its life for several years longer. I mean honestly for midrange gaming and regular use combined with Win 11 support (hate it but it is easy for family and casuals) this will be enough CPU for quite some time yet. My old build ,now side box, and two of the Kid's PCs are on good boards and older Ryzen CPUs... SO TEMPTING!

EDIT: And to echo others.. If one is building new get a GOOD AM5 board 32g ram and a 7600 for the same CPU price. OF course it costs more to swap platforms but selling the AM4 stuff could offset some. My buddy is still on his 7600x placeholder CPU from launch with a 4090 and 4k gaming. He still doesn't see the need to upgrade it and has now decided to hold out for possibly the last top gaming chip the platform will support in a year or two.
Always about use case , need and budget same as always in the land of PC building.

Last edited:

AM5 isn't that expensive. That's a 2 year old argument. If you were buying new anyway, the difference is only slightly more at this point and has an upgrade path going forward vs. a dead end platform.

Obviously, if you already have an AM4 setup, then it's a great upgrade for an older AM4 CPU, but it's the end of the road. AM5 has a future path with another generation or two of CPUs.
This gives AM4 users gaming performance on par with Ryzen 7600 and 7700. Without buying a new mobo and RAM.

It's a also a solid budget option, for an all new build. As the mobo and RAM will be cheap.

Last edited:
This gives AM4 users gaming performance on par with Ryzen 7600 and 7700. Without buying a new mobo and RAM.

It's a also a solid budget option, for an all new build. As the mobo amd RAM will be cheap.

I agree with the first statement.

I disagree on the 2nd.

It took me 2 weeks to pull the trigger, but I finally ordered. I'll be clearing the crap out of my tiny computer room soon, and using my "main" AM4 system again. The 5800X will trickle down to another PC.

Back