9950X and 9950X3D is going to be terrific.

So, are we still expecting the announcement of 9xxx chips in June, but not actually go on sale until August?
Whenever the announcement is: I expect them to be on sale right then, or not very long after.
That's how AMD has done it, since at least Zen 2.

AMD normally announces new CPUs during Computex, which is first week of June.

And? Neither Zen 4 nor Zen 3 came out in June. I'm not sure where this idea that Zen 5 is coming out in June came from since that hasn't been the trend for 2 generations already.

Neither Zen 4 nor Zen 3 came out in June. I'm not sure where this idea that Zen 5 is coming out in June came from since that hasn't been the trend for 2 generations already.

so does that mean Zen 5 cannot come out in June?...Zen 3 and Zen 4 were their own separate thing...it doesn't mean that AMD cannot choose a different release date...rumors are that Lisa Su will officially announce it on June 3 with availability in July (or maybe sooner)

so does that mean Zen 5 cannot come out in June?...Zen 3 and Zen 4 were their own separate thing...it doesn't mean that AMD cannot choose a different release date...rumors are that Lisa Su will officially announce it on June 3 with availability in July (or maybe sooner)

Sure it can but my original question is who said it will? I haven't seen any indication that it's coming out in June so feel free to link sources. I googled it and the first 3 results all say the same thing, that it will be REVEALED at computex, but not released until later. So if you got something different then by all means share it.

1716750474030.png

Last edited:
Whenever the announcement is: I expect them to be on sale right then, or not very long after.
That's how AMD has done it, since at least Zen 2.
Wait what? No? Last I checked AMD usually demos chips without SKU names MONTHS before announcing specific SKUs, then when they DO announce SKUs its usually 1-2 months until release.

AMD have not even DEMO'd Zen 5 in ES form. No "here's it running cinebench" no "here's it running a game we sponsored" no "here's it running in a OEM system"... They discussed and demo'd Zen, Zen2, Zen3 and Zen4 months before any SKUs were announced.

My guess, for what it is worth lol, is that AMD will release (CPU) when Radeon 3+/4 (aka "the new RX580") is ready to go.
I think there will be a lot of cross promotion and bundle deals to be had. With that said it would be a late summer or early fall release, possibly later, as they have to finish off 7000 series stock and work down AM4.

AMD’s Next-Gen Ryzen “Zen 5” CPUs Might Be Launching as Early as August

Mini PC manufacturer, AOOSTAR revealed that the next-gen Ryzen CPUs based on the Zen 5-core architecture are expected to arrive in August...the Mini PC manufacturer is likely referring to the AMD Strix Zen 5 APUs as they make Mini PCs based on mobile chips and not desktop SKUs...with that said, we can expect the next-gen Ryzen Desktop CPUs featuring Zen 5 core architecture to arrive on AM5 socket platforms around the same time...

https://wccftech.com/amd-next-gen-ryzen-zen-5-cpus-might-be-launching-as-early-as-august/

Back