LG 32GS95UE – OLED 31.5″ with 4K @ 240Hz and 1080p @ 480Hz Support - The death knell of LCD panels

Asus version will probably be $1500. They are marketing it as a higher tier product than the QD-OLED version.

Between $1500 and the $850 this LG has gone for on sale, makes no sense IMO. I'd just keep the LG and pray they at least correct EOTF. Also knowing Asus, half of its features will be broken in some way or another for at least a few months.
Woah when and where did it go on sale for $850?! I’m contemplating buying this LG monitor for $1000 at the moment to go alongside my PG42UQ

My friends measurements of this monitors EOTF, come on LG. Also no clue what's going on with HardwareUnboxed measurements of this monitor because it will do almost 700nits 10% window no problem vs the 500 nits they measured.

Gamer 1, Peak High.png

LG posted this on their website in a response to one of the negative reviews for poor HDR and EOTF tracking:

Hi.With regards to the LG 32" UltraGear™ OLED Dual Mode 4K UHD 240Hz or FHD 480Hz 0.03ms G-Sync Compatible Gaming Monitor with Pixel Sound, Model # 32GS95UE-B, not delivering the advertised 1300 cd/m² (nits) for HDR, our engineers at HQ are currently testing a firmware update that addresses the issue through the On Screen Control which we expect will be released soon.Regrettably, we do not yet have a specific date for this. Firmware will be released. Thank you for bearing with us while we work to resolve the issue...^Ivan.

LG posted this on their website in a response to one of the negative reviews for poor HDR and EOTF tracking:

Hi.With regards to the LG 32" UltraGear™ OLED Dual Mode 4K UHD 240Hz or FHD 480Hz 0.03ms G-Sync Compatible Gaming Monitor with Pixel Sound, Model # 32GS95UE-B, not delivering the advertised 1300 cd/m² (nits) for HDR, our engineers at HQ are currently testing a firmware update that addresses the issue through the On Screen Control which we expect will be released soon.Regrettably, we do not yet have a specific date for this. Firmware will be released. Thank you for bearing with us while we work to resolve the issue...^Ivan.
Dear Customer, thank you for beta testing our product while we work towards the date we should have released it.

So they only state a fix is coming for not hitting 1300 nits? The response mentions nothing about fixing the poor EOTF tracking.

So they only state a fix is coming for not hitting 1300 nits? The response mentions nothing about fixing the poor EOTF tracking.
LG support reps are hardcore nerfed by higher ups and pretty much recite documentation, which is also poor at LG. This rep must have gone out of their way to get info about the peak brightness update.

Yeah, in the negative review they complained about EOTF being bad and that it clips at 603 in the hdr config app not at 1300 which is the point the rep commented on.

The reps are pretty clueless as some have stated burn in is covered and others not in the same QA area.

I assume he has info a firmware fix is incoming with generic "HDR fix" as the label and he pointed that out in his response as an assumption. They apparently never raised the clipping 603 limit on their new 27gs from earlier this year and I really don't expect them to fix it here either but who knows at this point. Honestly looking at LGs history of firmware updates on their oled monitors they have been pretty mediocre and slow compared to the TV realm so while I expect to see HDR improvements I don't expect anything crazy.

I got my return approved and the label yesterday finally. I have 12ish days to send it back so might give it to early next week to see if the firmware drops.

If the HDR clipping point was a real issue it wouldn't be hitting 1200nits on a 1% window when measured.

I only expect them to potentially make it marginally brighter in actual content but that's irrelevant when the EOTF is so bad.

Back