My Cheap CCNA Lab

FromTheLou

[H]ard|Gawd
After months and months of putting it off I have taken the plunge to work towards my Cisco certs.

I picked up the following equipment:

(3) 2501's
(2) 2503's
(2) 2912 switches
(1) 3640
(1) 3620
42u Telco Rack

Total cost: $204.63

The 2501's & 2503's are only 16/8 so they will need upgrades to 16/16 to support 12.3 but other than that they are good to go. I also have a 8port term server on the way. I was going to get a 2511 but the term server is free so I can't complain! :)

I'll put up some more pics once I mount it all in the rack. (Which won't happen until I order 4 sets of rack ears and the flash upgrades.)

Cisco lovin'

This is the rack that they will go into

That's a hell of a deal. I paid more than $200 for a 2600 and 2900.

I still gotta find a good rackmount tho.

That is a hell of a steal for all of that stuff! I have been looking to get some 3600 series routers as well.

Where the hell did you find all that equipment for only 204$ ?? Congrats on the deal!

I got pretty lucky. Long story short my best friend is a senior network architect for a pretty large hospital system here in the missouri/kansas/arkansas/ill/iowa area.

His account manager for their main network hardware vendor was in town a few months ago and took us out drinking and to a Cards game on the vendor's tab.

Well we were shooting the shit and I mentioned to him that I'm trying to follow in my buddy's footsteps and I will be working on my cisco certs soon. He said to drop him a line when I had an idea of what/when I would be starting.

I didn't think much of it and a couple weeks ago I bought the 3 2501's and the 3620 on ebay for about $160 shipped.

While I checking out ebay for the rest of the stuff i figured I would send him an email and see if he was serious or not.

Well he ended up shipping me the (2) 2912's, the 3640, and (2) 2503's all for the cost of UPS Ground shipping which was about $40.

I grabbed the relay rack along with quite a bit of pandiut wire mangement stuff for free on Craigslist. God I love Craigslist, its like cheap local eBay!

Well hell that wasn't a very short story at all!

FromTheLou:

Let me know if you are looking for another rack. I have 4 19'' Racks I am looking to get rid of. A bigger than that telco rack but still nice.

I got pretty lucky. Long story short my best friend is a senior network architect for a pretty large hospital system here in the missouri/kansas/arkansas/ill/iowa area.

His account manager for their main network hardware vendor was in town a few months ago and took us out drinking and to a Cards game on the vendor's tab.

Well we were shooting the shit and I mentioned to him that I'm trying to follow in my buddy's footsteps and I will be working on my cisco certs soon. He said to drop him a line when I had an idea of what/when I would be starting.

I didn't think much of it and a couple weeks ago I bought the 3 2501's and the 3620 on ebay for about $160 shipped.

While I checking out ebay for the rest of the stuff i figured I would send him an email and see if he was serious or not.

Well he ended up shipping me the (2) 2912's, the 3640, and (2) 2503's all for the cost of UPS Ground shipping which was about $40.

I grabbed the relay rack along with quite a bit of pandiut wire mangement stuff for free on Craigslist. God I love Craigslist, its like cheap local eBay!

Well hell that wasn't a very short story at all!
Man, what a great deal
Goes to show its all who you know :D
Congrats on the insane deal

Back