Zotac gaming geforce rtx 4090 trinity [open box] $1312.19

Never went through their warranty process. Apparently this comes with a 2 year warranty.

I had a Zotac Amp Holo 3080 though, sold it to another forum member here. Used it mostly as a workstation card and minor gaming, honestly was a pretty damn good card. A 4090 for this price is pretty appealing....But getting close to the 5090 launch window. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are selling brand new as open box to reduce inventory before the 5090 releases. If they have a lot of open box inventory to move, would definitely be the case. Although the 5090 is coming out in late Q3 or Q4...I expect inventory to be barely existent, so actual availability will be in 2025. As such, for $1300....This might be a good alternative as the 5090 is expected to be more expensive.

Last edited:
My friend (the one that I grabbed the 7800X3D for from Microcenter, to ship to them) is also looking for a GPU to last them a long time. I'm trying to figure out whether this would be a good deal for them or if they would be better off being dissuaded to just wait until the 5090 series releases. Not only will the 5090 be out, but the 4090 price would very likely just plummet a bit. But that's a long ways away, probably at least 6-7 months. They would have to just put up with their 2070 until then, which kind of defeats part of the point of getting the CPU/mobo now as well since better mobo/CPUs would be out by then. Bah...

Hard to win on PC part prices. At $1312, this 4090 is actually quite price competitive even against a 4080 though.

Edit: Nevermind it's out of stock anyway.

My friend (the one that I grabbed the 7800X3D for from Microcenter, to ship to them) is also looking for a GPU to last them a long time. I'm trying to figure out whether this would be a good deal for them or if they would be better off being dissuaded to just wait until the 5090 series releases. Not only will the 5090 be out, but the 4090 price would very likely just plummet a bit. But that's a long ways away, probably at least 6-7 months. They would have to just put up with their 2070 until then, which kind of defeats part of the point of getting the CPU/mobo now as well since better mobo/CPUs would be out by then. Bah...

Hard to win on PC part prices. At $1312, this 4090 is actually quite price competitive even against a 4080 though.

Edit: Nevermind it's out of stock anyway.

Yea...seems to be out now. Honestly, if he has a 2070, best to just wait. Not a weak card at all. Also depending on the cpu he had previously, the 7800X3D would most likely provide a pretty good uplift in FPS performance anyways over a CPU that is a few generations behind. If he was looking to spend top dollar, wait for the 5090, see what it does to the market in terms of pricing, and buy then. That's what I would do if I was in his shoes and still content with his 2070.

About five years ago I had a zotac 1070 with a busted fan. They upgraded me to a 1080ti. Great service, no trouble or delays. This was during a mining boom as well. Asus on the other hand…

I RMA'd an RTX 3090 with Zotac a few years ago. Process was painless. Their GPUs don't seem to be among the higher tier, however. If you can get it for $1,312.00 it's probably worth the gamble though.

Everything changed so fast for the worse, My Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti had a 5 year warranty! Also, the other day I went in to get a New Car Battery from Autozone, Duralast Gold Battery, now has a 3 year warranty instead of 5 year warranty and costs $50 more! Make it make sense? Gone are the days of cheaper products with good warranty....

Everything changed so fast for the worse, My Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti had a 5 year warranty! Also, the other day I went in to get a New Car Battery from Autozone, Duralast Gold Battery, now has a 3 year warranty instead of 5 year warranty and costs $50 more! Make it make sense? Gone are the days of cheaper products with good warranty....
They're spendy but I get 7-9 years out of the XS power/northstar AGMs in pickups. The oldest one right now is 6 years and a few months old and it still works fine though when it's not going to be used for weeks I put it on a tender or if it's been a fewer amount of weeks I'll put it on the 7 amp smart charger overnight and by the morning it starts easily enough for the alternator to keep up without working too hard.

You think its bad now on battery prices, when I started nearly 14 years ago at autozone, that same battery was $89.99 with an 8 year warranty. If the same gold battery isnt over $300 in the next year with a worse warranty, I will be suprised.

Back