3.2TB SSD for $240

I have my SX 350 3.2TB working just fine in proxmox. Putting your storage volume of choice on top of it is manual though since the GUI doesn't enumerate /dev/fioX devices.

Should work on 2022 (worked on server 2019 at least). Proxmox you can do, but you’ll have to compile drivers yourself (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/c...oscale-and-ioscale2-cards-with-proxmox.54832/). Supposedly works on TrueNAS as well (haven’t tried that personally though) via compiling your own driver. ESXi support ended after 6.7u3 when VMware killed off compatibility for all the older drivers.
I run 2x 6.4tb on truenas scale. It works but is a huge pita to setup

There's 4 (well 3 now) sx350 6.4TB going for 400 USD. He says not used much, and open to offers.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/186398376241
I’d take the low usage with a grain of salt in the absence of screenshots with “fio-status” output. I’ve had the misfortune of buying dead ones that ebay sellers had not even tested.

That said, the sx350 6.4tb was one of the last/best FusionIO drives, something like 20+ PBW endurance. They’re a bit faster than the older drives too.

He's got good feedback for other enterprisy related equipment. 'sides ebay is always a gamble :)

$300/ea in USD. He sounds like a company too as he states he has the 3.2TB version as well.
Err yeah 300, I meant 400 CAD. Don't ask.

I’d take the low usage with a grain of salt in the absence of screenshots with “fio-status” output. I’ve had the misfortune of buying dead ones that ebay sellers had not even tested.

That said, the sx350 6.4tb was one of the last/best FusionIO drives, something like 20+ PBW endurance. They’re a bit faster than the older drives too.
Good point about the fio-status info!

I asked the seller for a screenshot with fio-status output and was told the drives were already packaged for shipping and he wouldn't be able to test them in a system. He said to make an offer, so I threw in $225 (USD) last night to see what would happen.
The offer was accepted this morning, I'll report back fio-status when I get the drive.

He's got good feedback for other enterprisy related equipment. 'sides ebay is always a gamble :)

Err yeah 300, I meant 400 CAD. Don't ask.
Yeah, his feedback convinced me to try an offer and see what happens. If the drive isn't dead or near end of life with PBs written, this will be a steal for less than the price of the 3.2TB one I picked up when this thread started! :cool:

Back