**Oblivion Spoiler** Unlimited gold, fast.

Z

Zinn

Here's a neat trick I discovered earlier.

1 Go to the Imperial City Talos Plaza District and find Dorian's house.

2 Go inside, and find Dorian. He has a ton of gold on him.

3 Keep picking his pocket successfully and quicksaving. He will never run out of gold. Quickload if he catches you. It seems the higher your level, the more gold he will have every time you pick his pocket.

I'm level 10 and he's only got 80 gold each time. and I suck at thieving... so it's a constant reload process. Thankfully, my rig is fast.
and what's the hotkey for quickload? F6?

Yeah, I too suck at pickpocketing. I'd rather kill him and take what little gold he has then ransack his house.

here's a tip:

Remap the space bar to a movement key. Go find a guard in front of a gate. Sneak up behind the guard, and position yourself so you can hit the space bar and keep walking behind this guard ( into a wall essentially ).

Then, leave the computer for an hour or so.

Viola, you are all of a sudden very good at sneaking/pick pocketing.

Ninja edit: The reason you are remapping the space bar is so you can lean something on it to keep you moving while you walk away from the keyboard. I used my cell ( about all it's good for ).

Unless it's different for the PC, this is what I did on the 360. Bribe Dorian to get his disposition all the way up, and to fill his pockets with gold. Kill him fast so he doesn't run out of the house. When you go to loot him, DO NOT loot all. Just select the gold and mash on the loot button. It should glitch out and let you keep looting whatever amount of gold he has. A little patience and some time can net you as much money as you want.

XOR != OR said:
here's a tip:

Remap the space bar to a movement key. Go find a guard in front of a gate. Sneak up behind the guard, and position yourself so you can hit the space bar and keep walking behind this guard ( into a wall essentially ).

Then, leave the computer for an hour or so.

Viola, you are all of a sudden very good at sneaking/pick pocketing.

Ninja edit: The reason you are remapping the space bar is so you can lean something on it to keep you moving while you walk away from the keyboard. I used my cell ( about all it's good for ).

Couldn't you just press "q" instead of having to prop something against the space bar?

Yeah if you're going to cheat do it the easy way lol.

or better yet... DONT CHEAT!

CodeX said:
Yeah if you're going to cheat do it the easy way lol.

or better yet... DONT CHEAT!

Is this really cheating if you are not changing the game in any way. Now editing the config files is cheating to me but not taking advantage of in game mistakes. IMHO

Of course it´s cheating. Just like it´s to hit auto walk and face a wall and go to eat dinner. Don´t abuse game bugs I say.

The game won´t be as fun I promise you if you cheat your way through. Getting a solid economy is very important in Oblivion.

Of course everyone is allowed to cheat but I just recommend not to do it because it get less fun in the long run :). I mean if you money cheat you miss out the fun when finding really valuable stuff and manage to sell it at a good price :)

spydermonkey said:
Couldn't you just press "q" instead of having to prop something against the space bar?
I guess, if you wanted to sit there and hold it for however long it takes to level it up.

Me? I set the cell down on the space bar and made some lunch and took a nap. :D

The point is q makes you walk constantly, without having to press or hold any other button.

oqvist said:
Of course it´s cheating. Just like it´s to hit auto walk and face a wall and go to eat dinner. Don´t abuse game bugs I say.

The game won´t be as fun I promise you if you cheat your way through. Getting a solid economy is very important in Oblivion.

Of course everyone is allowed to cheat but I just recommend not to do it because it get less fun in the long run :). I mean if you money cheat you miss out the fun when finding really valuable stuff and manage to sell it at a good price :)

I mentioned something similar in another post. The closest I've come to "cheating" is to repeatedly cast a life-detection or light spell as I walk around, to improve my abilities. But since that's really the best way to level up, and since I'm actually using them properly, it's not cheating. I'd considered doing the sneak-wall thing, but I'd much rather just sneak around and see how well I do, rather than exploiting a bug or somesuch.

Oblivion is just too much fun to resort to cheating. Although I suppose once you play through it all the way, you might want to come back and do it truly sandbox style and add copious amounts of gold and abilities just for the hell of it. ;)

And - I don't get the aspect of walking behind a guard - what does that do for you?

DeathCloud said:
Is this really cheating if you are not changing the game in any way. Now editing the config files is cheating to me but not taking advantage of in game mistakes. IMHO

Well, the only person you are cheating is yourself. Imagine finding a 15,000 dollar item later in the game, if you cheated for eleventy billion dollars you wouldn't really care. If you hadn't cheated it would be a big deal and you would be excited about it and it would have validated doing what you had to do to get it. By cheating like this end up devaluing (sp?) the entire game.

Funny thing is that if you'll advance in level through abusing athletics and acrobatics you'll be fucking OWNED by every kind of enemy. You should not forget that this game scales levels of many creatures to yours and effects certainly will not be fun if you'll be master acrobatics and don't know a shit about swinging a sword. Gold is also easy to obtain. To be honest, i don't know WHY you should use any tricks or cheats to boost your stats or gold - game is too easy (if you know how to play it - and i don't mean using certain combination of skills, race, birthsign etc... you should just play what you like and it should be ok, it's not diablo or something like it) to give any reason to cheating.

Zinn said:
Here's a neat trick I discovered earlier.

1 Go to the Imperial City Talos Plaza District and find Dorian's house.

2 Go inside, and find Dorian. He has a ton of gold on him.

3 Keep picking his pocket successfully and quicksaving. He will never run out of gold. Quickload if he catches you. It seems the higher your level, the more gold he will have every time you pick his pocket.

Why do it the hard way?
I watched the cheat on youtube, the better way is as follows:

1) Find Dorian's house in the Talos Plaza District
2) Talk to Dorian and Bribe him till it's done (This puts more money on his body).
3) Kill Dorian
4) his corpse will have unlimited money and you don't have to worry about getting caught picking his poket.
5) Be a shamed of your self, your now an exploiter and a cheater.

I am also a cheater cause I did this, but only for $10,000, I wanted some spells that were too exspensive for me at the time.

DON'T BE LAME LIKE I WAS AND DO THIS. :(
It was stupid anyways cause 2 level ups later and I was finding items on random people worth 1 - 10 thousand septems.

If your just obusing glitches and your using the PC version just download a memory editor and edit your gold all you want. Takes a few seconds. You guys are working way to hard to cheat if your playing the pc version. Console gamers have less options. Since alot of the suggestions are glitches you obviously don't have anything against plain out cheating.

Bye the way you can also edit things like lock pick amounts in your inventory, which is very helpfull in the begining of the game.

Why use a hex editor when you can do it from the debug console in the game?

CodeX said:
Why use a hex editor when you can do it from the debug console in the game?

Not a hex editor for your save games, a memory editor you use while the game is active. Instead of going into the console I just lock the values at whatever I want. I can lock the lock pick total at 99 and it never goes down. Same with any other value in the game. Comes in handy with other games that don't have console commands for things you want to do.

spigunk said:
Not a hex editor for your save games, a memory editor you use while the game is active. Instead of going into the console I just lock the values at whatever I want. I can lock the lock pick total at 99 and it never goes down. Same with any other value in the game. Comes in handy with other games that don't have console commands for things you want to do.

Oh, cool, didn't know that existed, or did you make it?

! ! ! ! O B L I V I O N ! ! ! !

Looks like a GREAT game.

I totally dont understand some of you guys using a "cheat" to help you play a game. Whats wrong with the game the way it is? Is it too hard for ya's to play it the way it was meant to be played? (not a flame, I dont have the game, tis a legit question "Is IT too difficult for some people?")

I honestly never understood the "need'' for people to use a cheat in order for them to play. I saw this game at Wal-Mart for about $50 bucks ($60 for the Gold edition). IMO, why spend so much on a game to "play" when your just going to cheat your way thru it and win the game in a few days, maybe a week. Just doesnt seem to justify the cost of the game, ya know. I dunno, I just dont get it.

To me (as someone else mentioned), I would feel a great accomplishment if I figured out how to make my money and win the game on my own. But, I guess im old school, as it seems ALOT of people prefer to use cheats these days....

Oyyy..........

I did this once to buy a few things that I really wanted... Didn't go overboard. Just enough to have some fun.

SAW said:
! ! ! ! O B L I V I O N ! ! ! !

Looks like a GREAT game.

I totally dont understand some of you guys using a "cheat" to help you play a game. Whats wrong with the game the way it is? Is it too hard for ya's to play it the way it was meant to be played? (not a flame, I dont have the game, tis a legit question "Is IT too difficult for some people?")

I honestly never understood the "need'' for people to use a cheat in order for them to play. I saw this game at Wal-Mart for about $50 bucks ($60 for the Gold edition). IMO, why spend so much on a game to "play" when your just going to cheat your way thru it and win the game in a few days, maybe a week. Just doesnt seem to justify the cost of the game, ya know. I dunno, I just dont get it.

To me (as someone else mentioned), I would feel a great accomplishment if I figured out how to make my money and win the game on my own. But, I guess im old school, as it seems ALOT of people prefer to use cheats these days....
Well, my thing is this. I have a full college class load and two jobs. On the occassion I actually get to play a game for a few minutes (once or twice a week if I'm lucky), I like to get as much out of it as I can and cheats help a great deal with this. So the flip side is, sometimes cheating can HELP you get your money's worth, particularly if you're laking in time or gaming talent. I'm the first to admit I lack both.

That said, I'm trying to go through Oblivion without, though I am tempted to get a little extra gold to play with, as I blew some on stupid stuff while learning.

People should do whatever they want in order to have a fun gaming experience. Say the person gets bored and doesn't want to play anymore. They've just wasted a lot of money. But if they decided to use a few cheats it's all of a sudden fun again for them. So if you want to talk about justifying the money...

As a guy I know likes to say: Cheats are for people who don't like having to redo anything while playing. I do get his point: If he thinks something is frustrating, why not cheat? He seems to have more fun that way, and ultimately, that's the point.

(For the record, I seldom cheat. I do however understand those who do, at least in single-player games.)

I dont care if people cheat or not, but I dont understand the point in doing an unlimited gold glitch when you could just use a console command.

saber07 said:
I dont care if people cheat or not, but I dont understand the point in doing an unlimited gold glitch when you could just use a console command.
not used to having console access from playing wow

I'm not going to bother - as tempting as it is. I want it to last alot longer and feel more rewarding then if I just nab the "Swiss Bank" as it were.

CodeX said:
Oh, cool, didn't know that existed, or did you make it?

didn't make it, although now I probably could. The one I use is called Tsearch. Downloaded a year or two ago.

I don't find the game to difficult I just cheat past the parts of games that start to bug me.

Some of those arena fights as a low level mage were a real pain, now that I have more spells I can tackle them fair and square even though the enemy has leveled up too.

I also cheat when I just want to play through a game a second time and do whatever I want.

Back