X1800GTO Power requirements: Help!

arkan0id

n00b
I'm going to buy a X1800GTO VIVO and i'm seing some sites listing a 450W for minimum PSU and i got a 430W with 15amps on 12V.

In this thread i found a guy (last post) that got a X1800XT doing fine with the same i got, although not the same brand.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1058379&highlight=12v+current

I need to know if more people got the X1800GTO/XL/XT working correctly with the same or worst power suply and if anyone knows the minimum amps needed for the GTO, for a fact!

Need reply fast please!

Thanks!!!

Leo

you could try it. I don't personally own an X1800GTO unfortunately, but I've seen many people running under-amped//watted power supplies with their graphic cards (of varying GPUs) and it worked fine. I would pick up a 450W with higher amps just in case though if you have the budget.

Money's the problem! i'm very tight on budget and if i have to get a new power suply i'm gonna have to cut on other things that i coundn't.

this card fits perfectly to me because of its VIVO and good 3d performance...i was going to get a 7600gt but the x1800GTO fits better to my needs.

I'm in such hurry because i'm buying outside my country, and if a new PSU its needed i'm going to order it together with the video card.

No one else has the experience to share? if it wasnt the 15amps on the 12v rail i wasnt so concerned...

thanks again!

Léo

Well, thats diferent, you got 20/24amps to use. I only have 1 rail rated at 15amps....

Anyone knows how much amps on the 12V a DVDrw, 80gb Maxtor and a sempron 2800+ (venice) + MB can use?

Theres another thread about this on this same page right now... BUT I think 20A is the recommended. 15A is too little.... I wouldn't risk it. A $40m PSU shouldn't be hooked up to a X1800-1900 card w/ a 15a 12v rail.

arkan0id said:
no brand...i aint going to risk it...ill buy a new 550W PSU with the video card.
You may not need something that big. I'd recommend a 450-500W Antec True Power.

Back