Overclocking fried my video card.....please help!

Sipster

Gawd
Ok......I was trying to push my system a little bit further and after applying settings in bios and rebooting I was greeted with a screen that something about X1950 bios and it just hung there. I had to reset the motherboard for it to post again, so I backed down on my overclock but once windows tried to load, my monitor said no signal and turned off. I've tried reseating the card and reinstalling windows but I cannot get video once windows is loaded up. I did make sure my pci-e speed was at 100 so I cannot figure out why my card died.

Please help!!!

I tried safe mode and deleting drivers first, then I reformatted for the heck of it. Once windows load the drivers, no more video output.

I tried safe mode and deleting drivers first, then I reformatted for the heck of it. Once windows load the drivers, no more video output.

uinstall the drivers in safe mode, use dcpro and dcu, off you pc, out the video card and wait 10 min, put the card again in the pcie slot, on your pc, in the bios put all normal (not OC) disable all features AI evga video and cpu (epp, ali ready memory, spead sprectrum, etc) if you video card show image in the bios I think is good and you have problem with the video driver, try unistall and follow the instructions, good luck

uinstall the drivers in safe mode, use dcpro and dcu, off you pc, out the video card and wait 10 min, put the card again in the pcie slot, on your pc, in the bios put all normal (not OC) disable all features AI evga video and cpu (epp, ali ready memory, spead sprectrum, etc) if you video card show image in the bios I think is good and you have problem with the video driver, try unistall and follow the instructions, good luck

Still not working.......this sucks!!!!

Let me just make sure I'm clear here. By adjusting the fsb and ram to 400 and synced and giving more voltage to just the cpu and ram, will have no effect on the pci-e bus and or pci-e voltage....correct? My pci-e bus should have stayed at 100 mhz correct? I left all other settings and voltages to auto.

I'm so at loss here as to why my video card got screwed up.

If it (PCI) was locked to begin with it shouldn't have moved. Correct. At default they are locked. Thats how I understand it anyway. Do you have another video card lying around to try? Its possible that the card just happened to go bad at that time. At this point you need to dertermine if its the card or something else.

I have installed a new video card and it is working just fine.......so I did, somehow, kill my old video card.

Back