Where to buy textbooks

pearltsi

n00b
Looking for the best (cheapest) place to buy textbooks online. I can't see spending 400$ when I barely use the books. Thanks for the help.

half.com isn't bad. i got a book for 60 bucks which would have costed me 124 a the school bookstore.

oh yea, and sometimes you can find cheap textbooks overseas or from canada. the shipping might be a lot but i've heard sometimes its still cheaper than buying it at school.

at the overclockers.com forums, they posted a link to an ISBN search engine... you just enter the ISBN and get the lowest price on the book

but the overclockers.com website seems to be down right now, so i can't give you the exact link

check up on them, and ask in the forums, i'm sure they'll help

campusi.com > all I've bought all my books through there. 1337

The ISBN search engine:

http://pdxbooks.com/

I like Half.com and other online places, but this semester I found my own campus bookstore to have the best prices. Don't forget that possibility, especially because it's more convenient anyways.

If you're looking for technical (math, science, compSci, engineering) type stuff & you can get some friends together, you might try ordering some from India.

A lot of textbooks are printed in a 'special indian edition' that's on phonebook/bible paper and paperback. They run about $5-10 instead of $80-10, if such an edition exists.

The problem is that shipping from India can be expensive for just a few, but if you can get some friends together on the deal, you can save a fair chunk of change.

http://www.firstandsecond.com is like the Amazon.com of India & they ship overseas.

Your cheapest option is to check out the books you need at the school library. Most libraries will have at least one copy of every book for every class. They might not always let you check it out, but if you want to save cash for other things, spending a couple hours in the library reading or doing homework isn't that bad.

If your going for Textbooks and all that
your best bet is to call up your bookstore find out the books that you need....get all the info that you can....chances are though that they wont give you the ISBN. Check on EBay.

I have worked for the campus bookstore

During "buyback" check the trashbins and the recyle bins, kids that can't sell there books might toss them out. Now, sometimes the professors order their books after buyback is over, and are using the same book, even though the bookstore couldnt buy from you....(this happens more than you might think).....often if you have an older edition it doesnt matter. I have gotten so many books from doing this. I raid the bin, and throw the books into the bed of my truck. I have masses of Math, Computer, Rhetoric, English, Psychology, History, etc.

Then if you need to you can resell those books on EBay.

Back