Thunderbird reply format?

t. shuffle

Limp Gawd
I can't figure this out, and it's making me feel like a friggin' moron.

With every other email application I've used, when you reply to an email, your reply is above the previous message. With Thunderbird, it defaults to below. How do I change this?

t. shuffle said:
I can't figure this out, and it's making me feel like a friggin' moron.

With every other email application I've used, when you reply to an email, your reply is above the previous message. With Thunderbird, it defaults to below. How do I change this?

I haven't used Thunderbird for a while, but I know for a fact there's an option in the settings to make your reply go above the message by default.

Tools menu -> account settings -> composition and addressing:
look for an option that says "automatically quote the original message when replying"
right underneath that is a drop down box allowing you to choose whether you want your response to come above or below.

mind you, if you have more than one email account configured than you'll have to do this for each of them.

darkpark said:
Tools menu -> account settings -> composition and addressing:
look for an option that says "automatically quote the original message when replying"
right underneath that is a drop down box allowing you to choose whether you want your response to come above or below.

mind you, if you have more than one email account configured than you'll have to do this for each of them.

You rock. :D

Back