lcd monitor problem (keeps shutting off)

saber07

Limp Gawd
Ok, as I'm posting this, our monitor keeps shutting off. I'll turn it back on and it stays on for a second or two but then shuts right back off at the same time each time. Ive unplugged the vga cable and even with no input it still does it. Is the backlight bad and this monitor is done for good?

Little more information. The light on the front of the monitorstays green like it normally does when it is working. Its just the monitor screen itself goes black like it is off. Like I said I disconnected all inputs and just turned it on with AC power only and it comes on for a second or two and then shuts off again. This is really frustrating.

Maybe it's some kind of problem triggering it to emergency shutoff? Maybe something is damaged or shorted..

Had a very similar issue happen to me last year. I tried troubleshooting by switching computers, video cards, cables, drivers etc etc but ended up having to RMA it.

My lcd would actually "shut off" but it would still retain some power as an LED or two was still lit up, i think it was a red or yellow LED, def not the green one..

Back