great performance graphical mods for oblivion

sabbycon

n00b
grass mod v2,lod mod,blue laggon water mod, ini enhanced bloom. They make the game so much better. Also i just installed zeropoints new 6.3 drivers and im getting a huge performance increase. Im running oblivion at 1280x1024 2xaa,enhanced bloom,16xaf and im getting great fps not to mention with the above mods and ini tweaks it looks better then the stock game could ever look at the highest settings possible. i might just tweak the ini more as right now its just the bloom shader that is changed everything else changed ingame. will post some screens if you guys want just to show you how it looks and is performing.

thats what im running. It looks awsome. way better then the dirty lod ini hack wich ate your fps to hell

opps sorry not running the newest lod mod but just started the last download. will get back to you soon on my reports about it also.

now its usefull
Oblivion2006-04-0201-29-56-43.jpg

Oblivion2006-04-0201-29-48-79.jpg

Oblivion2006-04-0201-27-40-59.jpg

Oblivion2006-04-0201-27-36-42.jpg

Sucks that the sky looks like that with the modded bloom. Otherwise its looking good.

yeah i know but what can you do. I dont have the option to use hdr seeing how my graphics card only supports shader hdr not fp16 method but oh well

here are some no bloom npcs in action and no big frame loss like before
nobloomnpcs.jpg

here are some no bloom shots
nobloom5.jpg

nobloom3.jpg

nobloom2.jpg

sabbycon said:
dont think so i didnt know there was a sky mod?what does it do?
Oh, well it adds around 10 new skies. I'll go find the link in a second. Here ya go.
Also here's some more screens of the new lod texture mod in action:
Here's my buddy

Mmm clouds

Ahh Paradise

Showing off the new textures

I just liked this one :)

*if the pics didnt show up lmk, never used imageshack before.

well im running it on a x800gto2 at 570core and 598mem so you should be able to push it to my settings.

hey dj2004 you using hdr with the lod mod? and whats your graphics settings? looks nice

For the "LOD Normal Map replacement mod" there are multiple archives, does that mean I have to download them all?

also my card doesn't really OC... default is 520/560 and I can't get 530/580 stable even with extra cooling... Oh well I will be able to afford the X1900 someday.

yeah you need all of them bro all 4 and there is another lod map to that makes the medim textures look better also. they go really good together.

sabbycon said:
yeah you need all of them bro all 4 and there is another lod map to that makes the medim textures look better also. they go really good together.

The one for the medium textures is included?

This begs the question... Why wasn't the game released with higher quality graphics? Did they compress everything to make the game run for those with 512MB ram or what?

What are the zeropoint 6.3 drivers? I'm assuming they're for ATI...? I have an ATI X800XL and I'm really struggling to get deceant frame rates, even with distant land off and no aa/af @1280x1024.

How do u make it so far off lands load so u dont get that crappy ass bland texture

its a lod mod for oblivion can be found at tessource. zeropoint are DHzeropoint ati drivers they can be found on omega drivers website. here are some more (FIXED) enhanced bloom ini tweaks that i made.
enhancedbloomfixed2.jpg

see no more washed out sky.
enhancedbloomfixed.jpg

had to turn off 2x aa because it was really laggy with all this landscape but i still have 16xaf which is a plus

Devnull said:
This begs the question... Why wasn't the game released with higher quality graphics? Did they compress everything to make the game run for those with 512MB ram or what?

you mean like me? lol

Thanks for pointing this out to me...but i did have to set my 4xaa back down to 2xaa since I did take a little performance hit...but it is so worth it.

Heres some screens:

Looks great. I've played Morrowind, and want to get this, but(little off topic), will I be able to play it on my rig (in sig). Even if I have to go 800x600, I want to play.

Monkey34 said:
Looks great. I've played Morrowind, and want to get this, but(little off topic), will I be able to play it on my rig (in sig). Even if I have to go 800x600, I want to play.

if you do some major tweaking, you may have a little ray of hope, my bro has a 9600pro, 1.34ghz cpu, and 512 pc133 sdram, and he can run it, i had to help him tweak a few settings, also has to run it windowed, and it runs at playable speeds.

Nice job sabbycon with the modded bloom. And yes I use HDR, couldn't get working how I wanted it to with the damn sky. My settings are 1280x1024, gridstoload=5 (7 had to cut around 10fps off, not worth it), HDR, modded grass settings to 130 and upped the view distance. I feel sorry for the Xbox users, so many useful mods came out already (+ a few small expansions coming out very soon). Hmm going to give this a try out also. Gotta love the modding community! :)

Devnull said:
It's probably to save precious memory on the XBOX360 and they didn't want any difference between pc and XBOX360 versions i guess. Compared to these new textures the old ones look drab and dreary.

thats exactly why they did it. They did not want there next gen console video game to have anything infferior to the pc. Also pointing out that the xbox does not have enough ram to accomidate this mod seeing how it more then doubles the resolution of the texture.
and to hupo what dont i use? I dont understand what your saying.

Also i have messed with my bloom alittle more to get the sky to look awsome not all washed out. It looks more like hdr now with out the dynamic part. Will post it if you wanna try it.

Hey dj2004 thanks for the moon mod it looks sweet.gonna go get it now.

sabbycon said:
thats exactly why they did it. They did not want there next gen console video game to have anything infferior to the pc. Also pointing out that the xbox does not have enough ram to accomidate this mod seeing how it more then doubles the resolution of the texture.
and to hupo what dont i use? I dont understand what your saying.

Also i have messed with my bloom alittle more to get the sky to look awsome not all washed out. It looks more like hdr now with out the dynamic part. Will post it if you wanna try it.

Hey dj2004 thanks for the moon mod it looks sweet.gonna go get it now.
If its no trouble to you, please post your bloom settings. I just can't stand the jaggies much longer.

sure thing here you go

[BlurShader]
fSunlightDimmer=1.5000
fSIEmmisiveMult=1.0000
fSISpecularMult=1.0000
fSkyBrightness=0.2000
fSunBrightness=0.0000
fAlphaAddExterior=0.3000
fAlphaAddInterior=0.7000
iBlurTexSize=256
fBlurRadius=0.0300
iNumBlurpasses=1
iBlendType=2
bUseBlurShader=1

just edit the blurshader in your .ini wich im sure you know how to do so i wont explain much more. but if you dont just holler.

its the way oblivion uses the hdr effect. But on the lighter side its higher quality hdr then the xbox360's version. Only ati can do hdr with aa but not with the way its coded with oblivion. See it doesent use the 16fp version to the fullest extent because the xbox360 is only 10fp not 16fp so it had to be hacked for the pc version wich i think sucks.

tell me about it. Try out my bloom ini tweak too it really makes it that much better

Any other good mods? I got one that makes the grass shorter so it isn't so hand to find something that is dropped in the grass/a body in the grass.

sabbycon said:
there are tons just sign up at tessource.com and search thru the mods.

I looked at them the other day, just so many to sort through and new ones coming out every day.

Back