X800gto^2 Agp!

The GTO2 is a 16 pipe card that is faster than X800XL if I remember right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It uses the same core as the x850's and comes with 12 pipes stock. 4 other pipes can be unlocked easily.

Damn this just made my upgrade path so freaking difficult.

Someone please get this and see if the X850XT hack works on this version as well!!!

Order checked out and confirmed, now to just sit and wait for it to arrive.

Gee, you think this will be a step up from my 9500 pro? :p

Though now I'll prolly need a new cpu and mobo, after I unlock the card my p4 2.4 might get scared...

I ordered one at $213.00. I checked back and now they have increased the price to $229.00. :(

if all of these unlock I will have to get one and skip the 2005fpw deal and wait for the 2405fpw to come down.

Genjitsu said:
Order checked out and confirmed, now to just sit and wait for it to arrive.

Gee, you think this will be a step up from my 9500 pro? :p

Though now I'll prolly need a new cpu and mobo, after I unlock the card my p4 2.4 might get scared...

Heh, you have the same card and proc. as I do. If your mobo supports it, it is really easy to squeeze several hundred extra Mhz from a P4 2.4. Mine does 2.8 rock solid with stock cooling, stock voltage, and just the basic fans in my full tower Antec-clone case.

I order one myself from excaliberpc.com and its coming in next week so I give you guys a heads up. I did talk to a Sapphire tech before I purchase the card and he did say the AGP x800gto2 can unlock the other 4 pipes and oc to x850xt pe speeds. I'll just have to wait and find out.

just realized this after looking at their picture and searching for more info about the agp version. I don't think it exists. for those that ordered, you might want to confirm that your order is not the regular gto or the pci-e version like the picture they have on their website. Could not find the AGP version on any review sites, fatwallet says " (Remember this card is PCI Express only - NO AGP version)."
and about that specific link:
"If you look at the supposed Sapphire SKU number ExcaliburPC lists for that card, SKU #100131, that number matches another site's listed Sapphire manufacturer part number which shows a card that is just a regular X800 GTO 256MB AGP card, not an X800 GTO2 card like the PCI-E cards in this thread.

Would be nice if it truly is an X800 GTO2 AGP card, I could use one or two for other systems I have set up around the home for lan gaming with friends & family! Though I thought the GTO2 models were only being produced for the PCI-E bus. I'm sure another FW'er will find out for sure and let the rest of us know."

So this card is most likely a regular GTO, not modable to X850XT. Too bad, I really want this card.

[edit for Carbon_Le] Did he specifically say it was AGP and not PCI-E? I would check with excaliberpc

Nope....he said it was AGP x800gto2. He said it just came out and its not offer everywhere yet. He also said that it is unlockable and overclockable. I also called excaliberpc.com to confirm it and they said it is indeed a Sapphire x800gto2 and it had just came out and everyone was calling in to see if it was AGP and that they were selling like hotcakes. Beside excaliberpc.com says if its not the product description they will give a full refund. so i figure if its a regular gto i can return it so no biggie.

Thanks alot for that info. when none of the other forums had comfired it's existence I gave up hope. But I think I will have to order one, now the question is should I wait just to make it is in fact the right one. as you say I can always return it...

Just to make sure typhoon wait until i received it so i can confirm it myself. Dont want you to have any problems with it if its not true.

That's what I was thinking too, carbon_le, thanks for looking out for me. I just hope they don't sell out. Next week you say, keep me updated.

Oh and after the price raise, there's another website that offered for 221. http://www.computerhq.com/Sapphire_ATI_X800GTO2_AGP_256MB/100131/hardware/partinfo-id-567445.html
Both websites are setup similarly, and I checked, both registered under NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Oh, I just checked back and it appears excaliberpc has lowered the price to the original 213.

typh00n said:
That's what I was thinking too, carbon_le, thanks for looking out for me. I just hope they don't sell out. Next week you say, keep me updated.

Oh and after the price raise, there's another website that offered for 221. http://www.computerhq.com/Sapphire_ATI_X800GTO2_AGP_256MB/100131/hardware/partinfo-id-567445.html
Both websites are setup similarly, and I checked, both registered under NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.

Oh, I just checked back and it appears excaliberpc has lowered the price to the original 213.

Excaliberpc didnt lower it back down i believe your looking at the wrong one...213 is PCI-E version of the x800gto2 and 229 is the AGP version of the x800gto2. But yea i keep you updated. I probably might even do a thread about it... ;)

I received a phone call from a guy with Excaliber shortly after placing my order. He just wanted to confirm that I placed the order. FWIW, he did ask if I ordered the AGP version. :)

i ordered one as well after seeing you guys get "confirmations." if the unlock doesn't work, i'll cry. if it does, thanks a lot for the heads up on this amazingly awesome deal! i really needed an upgrade from my softmodded / overclocked 9500np -> 9700pro, especially since i have $200 worth of games preordered for this month.

Several times today I have been checking this ad. It has gone up to $239.00 What's up with that? Guess I will wait until the prices settle down before I can buy.

Since these are the first AGP GTO2's out there, how will I know if they unlock? Do you do someting in the drivers, or is there a bios flash. Also, would a bios for a PCI-e version work on these AGP cards? Seems a little like a gamble.

If it is all that all of the other GTO2's are then I really want one. I mean come on....X850XT PE for $240!

I know this is a deal, but I'm such a scrooge that i want to wait till it 200. Will there be any left? Any other sites have them yet?

MiXdNuTs said:
Since these are the first AGP GTO2's out there, how will I know if they unlock? Do you do someting in the drivers, or is there a bios flash. Also, would a bios for a PCI-e version work on these AGP cards? Seems a little like a gamble.

If it is all that all of the other GTO2's are then I really want one. I mean come on....X850XT PE for $240!
You would unlock the pipes by doing a bios flash. Until a AGP Bios is availble that is modded you won't be able to do one. No you can't use a PCI-E bios for the AGP card. Sorry

actually the mod in that link is for the pcie version only. in fact, he specifically states that agp versions don't exist and that the shops listing them are actually mislabeling them. i hope he's wrong since i ordered one.

Someone who bites please let me know. I would like to see if the AGP ones can be fully unlocked and OC'd.

Carbon_Le said:
Just to make sure typhoon wait until i received it so i can confirm it myself. Dont want you to have any problems with it if its not true.
___

cheezer said:
actually the mod in that link is for the pcie version only. in fact, he specifically states that agp versions don't exist and that the shops listing them are actually mislabeling them. i hope he's wrong since i ordered one.
He is going to recheck with Sapphire Monday about the confusion. I knew it was PCI-E cards in the article as that was the only flavor available then. Now that AGP cards have hit the market I can't see why they wouldn't also be moddable. IMO

I'm strictly speculating, mind you, but I would think the AGP versions would be just as moddable. The latest GPU generations are native PCIe devices -- the AGP versions stick an AGP bridge interface on the board to "translate" to/from PCIe. It's still a PCIe device at its core. So anything that applies to the PCIe version should apply to the AGP, unless the bridge somehow limits BIOS updates.

The author of the mod article posts here. Lets track him down....

An AGP version of this card does not exist. Some shops list a Sapphire GTO² AGP but this is not a Sapphire product, it's probably regular GTO's which are labeled "wrong".
This was in the link on the second post.

Rigas said:
This was in the link on the second post.
The date on that post was September 13 2005. If it said October 7 2005 I would think it was so. Wizzard will check Monday to find out for sure if this is a GTO2 AGP card. But until Monday there is nothing he can do.

Back