The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
Posting rules and current database post.

RULE #1: I will require the following data for each OC submission:
Post it in the following format please:

User Name:
Stability: (Example: 4hours+ Prime95)

CPU name (Example: E6600)
OC: (Example: 3403MHz)
Stepping: (Example: 6 B2)
Week: (Example: L623)
Code: (Example: A790)
Vcore: (Example: 1.425) "Stock" is not acceptable. It is not the same on different motherboards.

Cooling: (Example: Water)
Cooler brand/model: (Example: Scythe Infinity)

Motherboard: (Example: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4)
Bios Version: (Example: F4E)
Operating System: (Examples: XP 32, XP 64, Vista, OS X)

RAM brand: (Example: Corsair)
RAM rated speed: (Example: 6400)
RAM actual speed: (Example: 942)
Latency: (Example: 4-3-4-12)

RULE #2: I will require either a screenshot of CPU-Z, CPU-ID or a CPU-Z validation link. Example of CPU-Z validation link: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=78643

RULE #3: Overclock entries must be submitted with a screenshot of at least a 4 hour Prime95, Orthos (small FFTs please) or SP2004 run (all cores) to be included in the main database.

RULE #4: For the main (stable) database, each user will get up to 3 entries for each setup. An example of a setup would be an E6600 on an Asus P5W DH motherboard.

RULE #5: I will maintain a list for overclocks that are not proven to be stable. There will be 5 entries for each CPU and each user will be allowed 1 entry for each setup.
To be "not stable" you should be able to run Windows and maybe a benchmark such as 3DMark05 or 3DMark06.

Conroe Stepping Info---Conroe Week------Conroe Code (The Week and Code are found on the CPU box and on the CPU itself.)
A-1 = stepping 1-------------In form of L6##----In form of A###
B-0 = stepping 4-------------Example: L617A846= Week L617 Code A846
B-1 = stepping 5
B-2 = stepping 6

Most current database download link.

KEY:
Green=official result (all columns filled)
Black and bold=not official result
68006700jv4.png

6600ez3.png

6400cz0.png

6300sumbj5.png

Highest overclocks that have not been proven to be stable:
unstabletr4.png

I just started a Conroe overclocking thread a little while ago but since you're going to do the work to update database results then that sounds good to me. I would require a screenshot for all entries that shows a CPU-Z shot with dual iterations of Prime95/SP2004 run for at least 4 hours to test stability of the entry. It would also be helpful if the user posted their system config in their post such as motherboard, RAM, ect.

burningrave101 said:
Prime95/SP2004 run for at least 4 hours to test stability of the entry. It would also be helpful if the user posted their system config in their post such as motherboard, RAM, ect.

Sorry about my toe stepping.

Sounds good I will add the Prime95/SP2004 requirement to the rules.
People have already voted that they want motherboard brand and model and one person has
already suggested RAM info, but I don't know hom much RAM people want yet.

Check out the poll that is linked in the first post of this thread.

EDIT
I would like to gather the results that have been posted in your thread if that is alright.
Can I get a link?

mentok1982 said:
I would like to gather the results that have been posted in your thread if that is alright. Can I get a link?

I dont think anyone has posted anything in mine yet. I just posted it right before yours today. I havn't seen too many X6800's being flaunted here at HardForum yet so it may be a little while before we see many posters.

Here is what the database table will look like.
exampleqx8.png

I am patiently awaiting my first submissions. If you know a [H]ard|Forum member who has
Conroe tell them to get their rear in gear. Then apologize for the lame phrase "rear in gear".

Still no one has come forward with their Conroe overclock goodness.
I might have to resort to posting the incomplete information I have from centvalny and
OverclockingGuru if they don't send me their Stepping, Week and Code info soon!

I hope some people can give us some results soon, I'm very much looking forward to seeing which mobos perform the best.

These are all technically unofficial because they are all missing data but I thought I should show you something.

Enjoy!

Hopefully centvalny, OverclockingGuru and eva2000 will see this and decide to send me
the data that is missing.

EDIT
This pic looks like crap because it was resized.
I will upload a non-resized one after work.

EDIT again
You downlaod the pic until I can post it better with my other pic hosting site.

-(Xyphox)- said:
Graph is horred, cant read it at all... any chance of cleaning it up?

Yes. I don't have my Imageshack info with me here at work though. I promise I will upload
it properly after about 6pm Eastern.

EDIT

Better idea! I can upload it as a zip file so you can download it and see it.
Hold on.

mentok1982 said:
Yes. I don't have my Imageshack info with me here at work though. I promise I will upload
it properly after about 6pm Eastern.

Alright, have to check it out later

Ok I'll venture forth my info, what I have anyway.

I've got here a Conroe X6800 Engineering Sample, looks like a A4 stepping. It works great at 3.46 GHz, which seems to be a relatively poor overclock ("relatively" :p). Voltage is at 1.45v. It survived an overnight dual Prime95 torture test, but I don't have a screenshot. I can get you one if you really need it though. The motherboard is an Intel 975XBX "Bad Axe", revision 304. RAM speed is Micron DDR2-667 rated for 5-5-5-12 but set to 4-4-4-12 (I didn't mess with overclocking the memory more than that). Cooling method is just the stock Intel cooler.

I tried to run at 3.73ghz but it wasn't stable unless I pumped it up to like 1.55v at which point it ran hot and started throttling back, so screw that.

Oh and at 3.46ghz it's still wicked fast, I'm afraid my office would be flooded with drool if I were able to hit 4.6ghz like the others.

rolo said:
Ok I'll venture forth my info, what I have anyway.

I've got here a Conroe X6800 Engineering Sample, looks like a A4 stepping. It works great at 3.46 GHz, which seems to be a relatively poor overclock ("relatively" :p). Voltage is at 1.45v. It survived an overnight dual Prime95 torture test, but I don't have a screenshot. I can get you one if you really need it though. The motherboard is an Intel 975XBX "Bad Axe", revision 304. RAM speed is Micron DDR2-667 rated for 5-5-5-12 but set to 4-4-4-12 (I didn't mess with overclocking the memory more than that). Cooling method is just the stock Intel cooler.

I tried to run at 3.73ghz but it wasn't stable unless I pumped it up to like 1.55v at which point it ran hot and started throttling back, so screw that.

Oh and at 3.46ghz it's still wicked fast, I'm afraid my office would be flooded with drool if I were able to hit 4.6ghz like the others.
Thank you very much. I would like to have either a CPU-Z screenshot or validation link
please. And your BIOS version as well. If you ever change the heatsink please write
down the code and week as well.

So there must be two different types of "Stepping". What CPU-Z says is just a digit but
on the processor it is a aplhanumeric code. Are they related at all? Does a CPU-Z
"Stepping" of 5 correspond to only one aplhanumeric Stepping code?

I stole this from Manoj (our Manoj?) over at ExtremeSystems Forums:
"B2 = Multiplier Locked version (retail)
B1 = Media Sample
B0 = Pre-Sales version (unlocked multiplier 6x to 10x)

B1 = locked
B0 = unlocked"

And adr said the following:
"B0 is stepping 4 and B1 is stepping 5
there is also A1 stepping 1, the stepping 2 and 3 are intern to Intel"

And fluffysheap said this:
"B0 is old and is the same as stepping 4. It is stamped A4 on the chip but everything identifies it as B0."

So rolo that means that your A4 is a stepping 4 or aka a B0.

I had no problems getting to 3.4 either on stock voltage. After that you need to go over 1.4V in order to get higher. Anything lower than 1.4V will not gain you any extra FSB. Its like a wall or some crap. Waiting for my 800MHZ RAM to come in today so I can play with it more.

So far I have it up to 3.58GHZ @ 1.45V on water prime stable over night. I will post my results when I reach the chips limit.

Oh its a retail X6800 05B.

D4hPr0 said:
I had no problems getting to 3.4 either on stock voltage. After that you need to go over 1.4V in order to get higher. Anything lower than 1.4V will not gain you any extra FSB. Its like a wall or some crap. Waiting for my 800MHZ RAM to come in today so I can play with it more.

So far I have it up to 3.58GHZ @ 1.45V on water prime stable over night. I will post my results when I reach the chips limit.

Oh its a retail X6800 B0.

I see you have a Koolance Exos 2. Is your waterblock a Koolance as well?
Also I would like to get your CPU week and code, BIOS version, DDR2 speed during your
3.58GHz OC and your DDR timings. I want to enter both this result and your future
result with the new RAM. I will also need a CPU-Z screenshot or validation link sometime as
well.

Thank you very much for your contribution. :)

Ok mentok1982, here's the cpu-z shot

x6800_cpuz.png

I don't know why it says 1.2v, it is set to 1.45v in the BIOS though. Looks like a B1 stepping after all. It does say A4 on the chip -- I have a photo but it's not here, I can post the stuff written on it in a few hours.

rolo said:
I don't know why it says 1.2v, it is set to 1.45v in the BIOS though. Looks like a B1 stepping after all. It does say A4 on the chip -- I have a photo but it's not here, I can post the stuff written on it in a few hours.

Thanks.

So either....

1. The info I got from the XtremeSystems Forum is not correct
2. They stamped your CPU with the wrong code
3. CPU-Z got the Stepping Revision wrong.

I am going to operate on assumption number 1 though. So in the database it will read 5 B1.

Also about the BIOS you mentioned...what version is it?

Hmmm.. explain to me this:

How can the E6700 be overclocking so badly compared to the E6600? Thats absurd! The E6600 is almost reaching 4ghz while the E6700 is max'ing at 3.6? Whats going on here? I'm strongly thinking of pruchasing the E6700 and to overclock it with a TuniqTower in a very well ventilated case and cool environment. This ongoing test does not impress me. :mad:

e.

thudo said:
Hmmm.. explain to me this:

I shall explain nothing! Muh ha ha!
I don't know thudo. Just keep an eye on the database and see how things go I guess.

Thanks.. I will... Just a little distressing in this early juncture considering the E6700 is a faster Conroe so it should scale better than 3.6Ghz on Air Cooled.

I would post mine, but I dont feel like doing 4hrs of prime......Id rather play :D

D4hPr0 said:
I would post mine, but I dont feel like doing 4hrs of prime......Id rather play :D

If you can play a newish PC game for more than a few hours I will consider your overclock to
be stable. Personally I don't care about stability too much, but other people are sticklers on
the subject. Don't let stability hold you back from providing me/us the data we crave right now!

Update.

Remember these results are all unofficial until all the columns for each entry are complete.

I finally found a good Conroe Stepping list!

A-1 = stepping 1

B-0 = stepping 4
B-1 = stepping 5
B-2 = stepping 6

chickenselects said:
what stepping is the best so far?

Well all the 5s are looking good except for Kyle's. We'll find out more after I get more results in.

centvalny said:
Heres Mentok...

E6700 QPGA and E6600 QPGE stepping 5s...All week 57 of 2005.

screenshot1605li.jpg

Where is the X6800? I did not know you had an E6600. Do you have an OC to post for the
E6600? I will add this info tomorrow morning.

And CPU-Z was reading your E6700 wrong, correct? It said stepping 4.
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1029542506&postcount=732

EDIT
I have found the code and week info for your X6800 and I noticed that you have used 2
different E6700s. I think I got all the code and week info I need from you. If you can fill in
any of the other holes in the database please do.

Centvalny has provided me with my first week and code numbers. Apparently 05 57 means
week 57 of 2005.

As always these results are still unofficial until all data for each entry is filled in.

conroepicmg5.png

DruSi3r said:
vote for a sticky
Awesome, thanks!

OMG another update. I went digging through centvalny's posts and found a lot more OCs!
It is kinda like digging through his trash, only this time I did not get e-coli poisoning.

mentok1982 said:
Centvalny has provided me with my first week and code numbers. Apparently 05 57 means
week 57 of 2005.

Ummm just curious, but I thought there were only 52 weeks in year? WTF does week 57 of 2005 mean? = week 05 of 2006 ?

chrisf6969 said:
Ummm just curious, but I thought there were only 52 weeks in year? WTF does week 57 of 2005 mean? = week 05 of 2006 ?

I have no clue. I just regurgitated what centvalny told me. I am writing down all the info I can
for each CPU I get/see right now so later I can sort out what means what.

Better make a new chart to include 6400, I should have some data for you tongiht :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back