DFI LanParty DK P35-T2RS in stock

astyler

Gawd
Shipments came in Monday morning. If you're looking for an LGA775 board on P35 this is great value for the money, but has been notoriously difficult to locate.

Newegg has them in stock, Motherboardpro is still OOS. They are probably available other places, but I haven't looked.

EDIT: 4/8- Final edit, as it's going rapidly in and out of stock all over. At this particular time, motherboardpro has at least one.

actually it went out of stock again... and do you notice the P35 Blood Iron is now almost same price as the DK P35.

I see it IN STOCK @ NewEgg for $139.99;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136043

The Blood Iron is also In Stock @ NewEgg, but for $149.99;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136038

Kind of stupid if you ask me, because the DK board is better than the Blood Iron.

Oh, they also have the DK X38 board IN STOCK @ NewEgg for $199.99;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136045

EDIT://

MotherboardPro is still Out Of Stock for the P35; They sold out in about 48 hours...
http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-LanParty-Dark-P35-T2RS-Socket-775-Motherboard-p-428.html

They have the X38 version In Stock however (but NewEgg is cheaper);
http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-L...tel-X38-ATX-DFI-Motherboard-Retail-p-531.html

- Joey

Any reviews on this board? Good overclocker?

Not really, but there are a few floating around the net if you look for 'em. Problem is, this board has had such limited stock, they don't last long and only a few have a chance to pick one up. They are still new though, so I'm hoping eventually they'll become a regular site.

Anyway, I've read they overclock very well and are quality boards in terms of components used. It's also hard to beat their price range. Less than $150 for the P35 and just about $200 for the X38.

- Joey

Other than worrying about PWM heat on the Blood Iron, all DFI's should OC well. I personally wouldn't buy below the DK though, but I may be biased as a LP owner haha.

Panzer if you're still hesitant about this and want picture of it, I can take some when I get my board in. Hopefully my new rads will be here Monday, but I've got midterms all week so I probably won't build until.. Wed 3/5 if you want to see installed pictures still.

Bought mine as well today, actually got two of them. Pretty excited, this will be my first DFI board and it looks better then anything else out there.

I actually bit the bullet and picked up a 780i over the weekend, but I am still very interested in both of these DFI boards, so I may still pick one up in the meantime.

Anyway, yes, I'd like to see some installed pictures. I want to know what it looks like with components installed and also of course how it performs since there is very little information I've been able to locate online.

- Joey

I'm embarassed to post pics of it installed, as I have a P180, and I'm very lazy. The combination of the 2 has not led to exceptional cable management...lol

I'm still loving the board though. :cool:

I'm embarassed to post pics of it installed, as I have a P180, and I'm very lazy. The combination of the 2 has not led to exceptional cable management...lol

I'm still loving the board though. :cool:

Just post. Maybe you'll get some wire management tips.

Trust me, with my new PSU, it's going to be a bitch to achieve any form of decent cable management as it's non-modular.

- Joey

I'll oblige you dude. No one else has done so as of yet, so I'm starting to feel bad...lol

I'll post some installed pics when I get home from work this evening.

Just finished my build using this motherboard. Here are some pictures with everything installed.

build03ye2.jpg

build04lr9.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136043

That is a great deal for that, Are they pretty good motherboards, i'm looking into upgrading, i'm a regular computer gamer, not OCing though.. I'm mainly thinking about using it for WOW, HL2, TF2, counter strike, BF2, would you recommend?

I would. In fact, it's such a good deal, I will probably pick one up just for the hell of it very soon. Use it as a backup or build a spare rig.

- Joey

I almost feel like the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS is too much for me since i'm not an avid overclocker, but the price is still great.

You should go for, it is a great board from everything I've seen. Mine comes in today (and I already got my new rads in). So I should be ready to get my rig back up soon and I'll post my pics when done. I do, however, have my 2nd midterm today, another tomorrow night, and I have to work like 10 hours on Friday to make up missed time this week. So we'll see...

I almost feel like the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS is too much for me since i'm not an avid overclocker, but the price is still great.

Yeah, If you don't really wish to overclock, you might be better off with something like a Gigabyte P35 DS3L. It'll save you $60 and run everything at stock settings fine. This board, however, should offer more stability and "future-proof" your system for a few years if you ever want to try out overclocking.

Wow Burpy the build looks great. Make sure you post those over in the P180/182 pics thread in Case Gallery as well if you haven't already (and maybe rate my wires to get some credit for your good work).

Thanks for saying my build looks nice. I took my time doing the wire work. It took awhile, but it was worth it in the end.

I made a thread in the general hardware forum about this build & it's specs. - Link

The board has been great so far. It went up fine on the first boot & has been solid since.
No signs of the double boot issue on other P35 boards. I'm a novice when it comes to Overclocking,
but did follow the sticky here and have the Q6600 running at 3GHz.

Another pic early in the build.
158lm7.jpg

Anyone with this motherboard know if a Zerotherm NV120 would fit and be able to face towads the rear of the case? Looks like the Ultima90 didn't have any problem but I'm a bit worried about the two heatsinks flanking the CPU area. They look pretty tall.

Awesome build btw!! The cable management is great.

Anyone with this motherboard know if a Zerotherm NV120 would fit and be able to face towads the rear of the case? Looks like the Ultima90 didn't have any problem but I'm a bit worried about the two heatsinks flanking the CPU area. They look pretty tall.

Awesome build btw!! The cable management is great.

It works! I've got one running on the DFI DK P35 T2RS blowing towards the rear of the case. The cooler is literally 1-2 mm away from the northbridge heatsinks, but the two heatsinks for the PWM aren't even close to getting in the way.

It works! I've got one running on the DFI DK P35 T2RS blowing towards the rear of the case. The cooler is literally 1-2 mm away from the northbridge heatsinks, but the two heatsinks for the PWM aren't even close to getting in the way.

Cool!! Thanks for the reply. I think I've edited my Newegg wishlist 15 times in the last 2 days trying to decide on the right mobo/HS combo.

Well, of course I couldn't help myself so I unwrapped the motherboard after my midterm and did some preliminary installation. Got it in my case, did a little modding, got 2 rads into the case, installed CPU block and got graphics & tuner cards in as well as HDD and PSU.

Tomorrow night I'll get the chipset block on, put the loop together, hook up power, and start leak testing. I'll get pictures up of it then as well, although they will be considerably worse quality.

specs in sig, questions welcome.

motherboard unpacked
mb.jpg

warranty voided :mad: (there was also a void if removed warranty sticker underneath covering a mounting hole!)
void.jpg

Case cleaned out
case.jpg

Motherboard, rads, and some blocks installed
installed1.jpg

installed2.jpg

is this a good board for lets say an E8400 or Q9450 ?

am looking in building a new system... and I wanna know if i should get it or go with the LP UT or LP LT p35 ? or even get an x38 varient of em ?

is this a good board for lets say an E8400 or Q9450 ?

am looking in building a new system... and I wanna know if i should get it or go with the LP UT or LP LT p35 ? or even get an x38 varient of em ?

This board is good with my E8400. Even though my chip requires high volts to run at above 4.0GHz. 8x500 @1.45V:eek: I've had it running like that over a month now. No issues and not a single BSOD. I've had the fsb as high as 535 and didn't try higher. I've taken this motherboard and chip to 4.3GHz and it's stable. Just didn't like running my chip at 1.5V to get there.

The Northbridge heatsink is a little high, so check to make sure you get a cooler that fits.

Can't speak for the Q9450 though. Don't own one. Yet...

Ask yourself if you need crossfire, since this board only has one PCIe x16 slot.

so if im not into crossfire, there is no need to get the LP UT or LP LT ? i should just go with this?

If you aren't into crossfire but like overclocking, this is a great board. It worked right out of the box with my "E8400". If you don't like overclocking, however, there are probably cheaper options you could pursue.

The higher other boards have some other features to consider as well, such as a separate soundcard thingy, 2 more SATA ports, and larger/better cooling on the chipsets (although I understand the cooling with this board is more than adequate with reasonable airflow.)

I just got this board in about a week ago. Im liking it alot so far. Only thing is, Im having trouble getting my CPU back to 3.49ghz like i had on my 680i before. Ive tried upping the NB and CPU corevoltages like on the 680i but the best I can seem to do is 3.3ghz... It's an e6600.

is this a better pick than its x38 counter part ?

or better than an LP LT or LP UT P35 ... or the LP LT X38 ?

is this a better pick than its x38 counter part ?

or better than an LP LT or LP UT P35 ... or the LP LT X38 ?
As far as I can tell DK is a stripped down version of LT, which is a stripped down version of UT. So the DK is not better, but it's cheaper.

X38 is supposed to better than P35 but you probably wouldn't really notice the difference if you're not going to use crossfire. They look like the same boards but with the different northbridge.

Someone mentioned that they had problems installing the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 in this board.

Back