Next generation video card = free winter heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletproof

Weaksauce
I know most people have alot of heat just from their regular hardware like their CPU/MB, but with these new video cards like the X1800XT and the GTXs they bring heat up to new levels, where the normal idle heat is 52c (126F) and load temps can reach up to 60c (140F). My room is nice and toasty when not playing games, but after playing an AOE3 game for about 1 hr and the X1800XT fan is on full blast, my room becomes swealtering hot :eek:

lol its not fully free you still have to pay the power bill haha.But hey at least your room is hot/warm mines a bit freezing lol about 60-70 degrees. Even with my current set up see sig. :(

very true. my computer room is always warmer than the rest of the house. i can imagine it would be more so with hardware like that. ;)

Try having an overclocked Prescott in addition to an X1800XT, and in the sweltering hot Australian summer right now.

I use the heat from my liquid cooling system to heat up radiators, heat up water, take a bath - etc ... :p

In fact, I make so much free heat, I sell it back to the electric company for profit :D

Is australia allways so hot becuase they overclock intels down there instead of amd's?

Just a guess lol...

Last winter I was crunching Seti on 11 computers in my basement and it was the only heat in the room. It was noticably warmer down there than before I had my crunch farm rolling.

ReDgUaRd008 said:
lol its not fully free you still have to pay the power bill haha.But hey at least your room is hot/warm mines a bit freezing lol about 60-70 degrees. Even with my current set up see sig. :(

60-70 degress is a bit freezing? Where do you live, the Sahara? ;)

get you self a window ac and keep it on 60f it keeps my room at like 60-62f

Our server rack currently heats our office, windows are open year round.... thermostat is set to 50, and heat never comes on ;)

It averages into the 40's-50's here at night. I can go outside with a T-shirt right now without a problem. Nice weather. Summers are pretty scorching though. It hits above 100 degrees F on a regular basis. The terrible air quality here doesn't help much either.

My room is also the warmest in the house :)

This has veered a little bit, so if you guys would like to discuss home heating solutions, I'd invite you to take a peek at General Mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back