corruption on leadtek AGP 6800GT

D4RK1C3

Gawd
check your montior cable. Uninstall all nvidia drivers and reinstall latest

edit: thats weird how did my post get over yours.

which came first,

The Question
......or.........
The Answer?

:p

okay, i was just browsing the internet, and my screen is totaly messed up, and it keeps flashing to a blank screen then it just shut off, the monitor or video card, not sure which one.

cards idle temp right now is 47C so that is not the problem, i checked the monitor cable and it is tight.

i am installing my old freind, my 9700pro as i type this, so far it is working, gonna have to RMA the leadtek it seems.

sorry to bump my old thread, but i need advice please.

well i got bad news, i installed the RMA card tonight, it gives me the same issues, i tried reseating it and even checked the voltage on the 4 pin molex feeding it power and it was just fine.
put my 9700pro card back in, reload the ATI drivers and it is fine so it can't be the mobo i guess.

i called leadtek and they will do a cross ship a new 6800GT RMA if i give them my CC info, and i have 10 days to send the bad card to them after i receive the new one.

or i can upgrade to a 7800GS AGP card for $85, i wonder if it is worth the upgrade until i go PCI express someday ?

i asked them what they did to my original card, and the dude said "they repaired it", funny but how would you repair bad memory on a video card LOL.

here is what it looks like.........
http://members.speedguide.net/thesnake/img_2514.jpg

I had the same problem with the same card a while back. Luckily they were out of them so they gave me a refund instead of a new card. I used that money to buy my 7800 gtx. I'll never buy leadtek again.

ITSTHINKING said:
I had the same problem with the same card a while back. Luckily they were out of them so they gave me a refund instead of a new card. I used that money to buy my 7800 gtx. I'll never buy leadtek again.

do you mean they sent you a dead card back from RMA like they did me ?

can anyone offer advice on this upgrade please ?
is it worth $85 to go to a 7800GS

Back