those dang flappy things on the armor case. FIXED!

haste

Supreme [H]ardness
i consider this mod ghetto though because the finished project uses electrical tape. im sure there is a more elegant way to do this but with the flaps open you can barely see the electrical tape and with them closed you cant see it at all. this mod actually wasnt planned until i discovered magnets on the inside of the front bezel and they are quite strong magnets. the plastic between the magnets i guess is just too thick for the doors to grab properly. i never even thought there were magnets behind there because the doors flapped around so easily and i never felt and resistance.
i simply drilled the spots where the magnets were being held with a drill bit slightly bigger than the magnet itself. I put black shiny electrical tape on either side of the magnet and now the doors hold great and you can barely even tell the mod is there with the doors open(which i tend to keep closed anyway). i only had 1 layer of electrical tape on the front and discovered the magnet wanted to pull through slightly. i added 2-3 more layers and the magnet is holding fine and it looks better.

edit: i have a video of myself shaking the bezel while its upside down to prove it works. i will post later when i can get the movie off my camera.

here are some pics(before extra tape):
armormagnet.jpg

armormagnet2.jpg

armormagnet3.jpg

after taking my case totally apart due to some other modifications I wanted to do such as holesawing my rear exhaust and and watercooling. i also discovered i could put a 120x38mm top exhaust on my armor case with no mods. hardware was included with the fan i used.

armorfan.jpg

armorfan2.jpg

armorfan3.jpg

Those doors drives me crazy. Main reason that I don't have one in my computer room :(

Cool thanks for the magnet trick.. like you I never knew they were there. I'll have to do this.

Also mine cam with a fan for the top blow hole, Thermaltake fan with clip and all... just snaps into place. I can take a pic for you.

Pr3z said:
Also mine cam with a fan for the top blow hole, Thermaltake fan with clip and all... just snaps into place. I can take a pic for you.

mine came with a 92mm fan installed. i fit a 120mmx38 fan.

Back