Valentine's Day: 48 roses $36.99 + s&h

NEODARK

Gawd
I know it's early,

But I figured I get these for my girl. (before prices skyrocket) Seemed like a good deal for a ton of roses, heck 4 dozen and you can actually ask for whatever day of delivery you want, but hey Feb 14th seemed good for browny points...

Who knows, it might get you lucky. Because for these many roses, you better get something. You can get these with a vase as well and thats $10 extra. But barebones is about $46 out the door. (I bought them with the base for a total of $60.88)

DISCLAIMER: I know it's not hardware, but hey... What would you rather do, make your girl all happy or a new stick of ram? (wait, don't answer) :p

Offer: http://ww1.1800flowers.com/product....=16268&cc=1001&sc=1001&body_sc=1001&sku=16268

48 roses. You can earn brownie points for all 4 of your girlfriends!! I bit i bit!!

Which deal is the 48 rose one? I'm probably just being a :tard: and missing the obvious, but I can't seem to find it...

OmegaAquinas said:
Which deal is the 48 rose one? I'm probably just being a :tard: and missing the obvious, but I can't seem to find it...

click the link in my original post, or use item# 16268 :D

Thanks for the deal. Now I don't have to stop at a flower shop on the way home from work the 14th :D

u8myrice said:
@__@

Shipping and tax is expensive. I didn't bite after all. =[

$11 for something as fragile and perishable as roses isn't bad at all. I mean, you wouldn't want these sent through the same UPS soccer match of a delivery process that the hard drives you order go through ;).

Shipping and Tax for me was:

Shipping: $10.99
Tax: $4.14
Total: $52.12

This was to a house in Long Island, if it matters.

cnick79 said:
Shipping and Tax for me was:

Shipping: $10.99
Tax: $4.14
Total: $52.12

This was to a house in Long Island, if it matters.

Damn, that's cheap! The guy up there made it seem as if shipping was the cost of the flowers or something.

Anyways, thanks for the link guy! :D

Came extremely close to biting, however I'm alittle too worried about the quality to really consider it for the gf. Maybe for mom or the sister.

megabyte said:
Came extremely close to biting, however I'm alittle too worried about the quality to really consider it for the gf. Maybe for mom or the sister.
Quality? Too much for your gf, ehh? :p

They use local florists, most of the time. They charge you shipping but its delievered by a local florist to your gf. Thats what happened last tiem i ordered through them.

daroy99 said:
They use local florists, most of the time. They charge you shipping but its delievered by a local florist to your gf. Thats what happened last tiem i ordered through them.

Yep, they just contract it out. Best thing to do is have them deliver to your wife/girlfriend's work. Then all the other women can be jealous of her flowers. Girls LOVE that.

i dont know what the roses look like, but ive paid more than the whole deal for a single dozen delivered before. so for that many its a steal of a deal as long as they are not dead on arrival.

Jonsey said:
Yep, they just contract it out. Best thing to do is have them deliver to your wife/girlfriend's work. Then all the other women can be jealous of her flowers. Girls LOVE that.
Ya i've got the address of her sorority house, I figure I'll just get a dozen long stem from a local florist while I'm intown for valentines. I'd rather have a precision strike than a carpet bombing effect with this.

I'm biting. although, it's a new girlfriend and I need to find out her address tomorrow when I pick her up for a date.

megabyte said:
Ya i've got the address of her sorority house, I figure I'll just get a dozen long stem from a local florist while I'm intown for valentines. I'd rather have a precision strike than a carpet bombing effect with this.

LOL!!

I hate to post with nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread, but I must say the precision strike/carpet bomb analogy was some seriously funny sh!t. Thanks for the early morning chuckle! :)

rob2000 said:
i dont know what the roses look like, but ive paid more than the whole deal for a single dozen delivered before. so for that many its a steal of a deal as long as they are not dead on arrival.

I've ordered from 1-800-flowers before and they are great. The flowers are fresh and nicely decorated. My girlfriend ordered my parents these bad boys for christmas and oh my god, to die for. I never would have thought they would arrive fresh or in good condition but they were simply scrumptious. The picture does not do justice because they are much better looking in person. They were about the size of a golf ball if not bigger. Very expensive though.

I bit. I hope the quality is good, but even if several are in rough shape it still if a pretty good deal. THANKS for the links!

Jonsey said:
Yep, they just contract it out. Best thing to do is have them deliver to your wife/girlfriend's work. Then all the other women can be jealous of her flowers...
To wives and girlfriends.....may they never meet.

cnick79 said:
I've ordered from 1-800-flowers before and they are great. The flowers are fresh and nicely decorated. My girlfriend ordered my parents these bad boys for christmas and oh my god, to die for. I never would have thought they would arrive fresh or in good condition but they were simply scrumptious. The picture does not do justice because they are much better looking in person. They were about the size of a golf ball if not bigger. Very expensive though.

Nice i got 6 of those for my gf she loves strawberries and choclates.... shes got too many flowers from me anyway. Will be an interesting gift. If its tiny and sucks i am gonna hunt you down and have your rich gf pay for 2 dozen of them.

Jonsey said:

Yeah, I'm going to do that! I'll get 2 dozen sent to my wife & 2 dozen to my girlfriend! NICE IDEA! :)

my suggestion, don't buy your girlfriend or wife roses for valentines day, they are too cliche at this point in history. If you want to impress her be creative and give her exotic flowers, i prefer various orchids for my wife. Roses are boring, cheap and expected. You get more brownie points for straying from the norm.

I went for it... not bad considering that for about the same price, you can get 1 dozen roses on Valentine's day.

Nice Find. Lets get all the kitty whipped [H] Guys united and jump on this deal. :p

BarneyGumble said:
my suggestion, don't buy your girlfriend or wife roses for valentines day, they are too cliche at this point in history. If you want to impress her be creative and give her exotic flowers, i prefer various orchids for my wife. Roses are boring, cheap and expected. You get more brownie points for straying from the norm.

Yeah but that wouldnt be as cheap :p

Hot Karl said:
"simply scumptious"? I hope you're a lesbo and not a dude.

lol, I was waiting for somebody to rip me for the "simply scrumptious" and "to die for". But they really do tickle and tantalize your taste buds.

so basically the message you are sending your girl is.....hey i gave you these roses 2 1/2 weeks early cause they were cheap...dont expect anything on ACTUAL valentines day tho

Back