Philips Brilliance 230WP7NS

Pringals

Gawd
This may be old news to some, but I just stumbled accross this monitor from my Cadalyst e-news letter. I was wondering if anyone has heard, seen, or had an opinion about this Phillips Brilliance 230WP7NS LCD?
The Philips Brilliance 230WP7NS LCD monitor features a widescreen WUXGA 1920x1200 resolution, perfect for viewing two full-size (A4 or letter) pages side by side. A viewing angle of up to 178 degrees ensures a crisp picture during presentation settings. In addition, the LCD’s advanced panel boosts performance from the previous generation model. Its 12ms response rate (8ms grey-to-grey) improves picture quality, delivering seamless imaging with no noticeable ghost images.

This monitor is now available from multiple vendors. I was hoping someone had some input on this monitor. The specs look quite impressive, maybe a bit slow response time compared to say the NEC 20.1" but, this one is a S-IPS screen.

Can anyone give an opinion about this?

Any idea how this monitor compares to older Philips based monitors, such as the HP L2335?

Anyone know the difference between the Philips 230WP7NS/00 and the 230WP7NS/05? Both are listed on Philips' website.

The difference in the product numbers is as follows:

230WP7NS/00 - sold everwhere in the world except UK and USA
230WP7NS/05 - sold in UK
230WP7NS/27 - Sold in USA (some /27's are also sold in canada)
230WP7NS/27B - sold in USA but is a black model instead of a silver one. This is listed on Philips product list but I have never seen someone who has one for sale.

Hope this helps!

jt

Back