Fs/ft: Amd64 X2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had come back to [H] before I redid my system... spent $400 on my 3800 X2... didnt even get a pretty silver package either, got the boring green package for mine... stupid pc club, haha.

Hope this goes quick though, Im liable to buy another and build a system with it :D

bump

tvdang7 said:
nice price but im waiting for 200 dollar x2's.
Good luck. Won't happen anytime soon.

Bump for a good price. I just bought one for the same price last week :)

Absolute0 said:
any overclock results for this CPU?

i dabbled it a little, and I can overclock it to 2400ish. I didn't push it higher than that as I am not a huge overclocker plus I think my RAM is limiting the max overclocking. Checked online and it seems like this stepping could actually overclock to 2700, but I can't guarantee that you will get the same result.

DriveEuro said:
Keep dreaming

Old tech is old tech. Eventually these processors will be as worthless as AMD K5's. It's not a dream, it's a reality. Of course by the time these guys are $200 processors they will have plenty of bigger brother replacements.

No need to get upset at someone whom has time and isn't worried about upgrading constantly.

Anyway, back on topic, free bump.

Bump for a good price.

And yeah, I think it'll probably drop to sub $200 by christmas since (a) Merom/Conroe will be out by the middle of this year (b) So will Socket AM2

"Good luck. Won't happen anytime soon.

Bump for a good price. I just bought one for the same price last week "

They'll drop soon enough when socket AM2 comes out with DDR2 support.

DriveEuro said:
Good luck. Won't happen anytime soon.

Bump for a good price. I just bought one for the same price last week :)

It'll happen soon enough...Especially when the M2 sockets are released...Hopefully by June or July :)

bump for a great proc

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the A64 2800+ NewCastle for socket 754 still sells for ~$120, which is only about %20 less than it's original price. By all of your logic, PC100 SDRAM should only cost about 10 bucks, but oh... wait... it's the same price as DDR2. Oh yeah, try to find some cheap Rambus for your old Willamette boards. Surely it's a nickel a stick by now, right? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying dual core procs won't become more affordable, as they certainly will once single core goes by the wayside. But to think that you're going to get a $200 X2 3800+ by christmas is just silly.

On the other hand, I bought my 3000+ Winchester for a tad under that very same price (~$120).

Obviously we're not really thinking of buying them new for sub-$200, but there should be a glut of them soon.

Anyways, free bump. (note to self, get some controversy going in my sell thread to keep it bumped).

UnknownSouljer said:
Old tech is old tech. Eventually these processors will be as worthless as AMD K5's. It's not a dream, it's a reality. Of course by the time these guys are $200 processors they will have plenty of bigger brother replacements.

No need to get upset at someone whom has time and isn't worried about upgrading constantly.

Anyway, back on topic, free bump.
so true bro :)

seems like any1 will jump on a thread just to flame someone, hilarious

btw. i get my X2 4200+ & 7800GTX for $250 each, that day was VERY REAL ;)

Sabrewulf165 said:
bump for a great proc

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the A64 2800+ NewCastle for socket 754 still sells for ~$120, which is only about %20 less than it's original price. By all of your logic, PC100 SDRAM should only cost about 10 bucks, but oh... wait... it's the same price as DDR2. Oh yeah, try to find some cheap Rambus for your old Willamette boards. Surely it's a nickel a stick by now, right? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying dual core procs won't become more affordable, as they certainly will once single core goes by the wayside. But to think that you're going to get a $200 X2 3800+ by christmas is just silly.

Memory is an entirely different market than motherboards, video cards, and processors.

Bringing up sodimms doesn't change the fact that geforce4's, AMD thunderbirds, and nf2 boards are worth significantly less now than 2-3 years ago. And that's only a small amount of progression over years. If you wanted to strengthen your argument, you would show me a bunch of processors that have existed for a significant period of time, and still retained most of their value.

Free bump #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back