AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

Monarch Deals

Official Monarch Rep
Get yours before they are gone!!
  1. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $285.00 off
  2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $165.00 off
  3. AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $140.00 off
  4. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $350.00 off
  5. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $285.00 off
  6. AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $165.00 off
  7. AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $140.00 off
  8. AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 512K 90nm (Socket AM2) (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $130.00 off
  9. AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 512K 90nm (Socket AM2) (Retail Box-w-Fan) Coupon Code: $85.00 off

Opteron 165 is very tempting, why not Retail Box instead OEM all the times

:eek: Why oh why must you dangle these in my face when I'm eating ramens for dinner??!!?!

................Good prices by the way :D

id be all over this like......well, i dont wanna scare the children here... however, im savin up to purchase 3x265 eventually from ya monarch.

Cause opterons are the best and none of the other ones matter. :) jk of course.

unimatrixzer0 said:
How come just Opterons and never the other AMD lines?

Yup. If you think about it. People are able to get 2.7ghz on 165 opterons. Thats FX60 for $270 for this deal. Thats amazing... Compared to a $1000 FX60

wow. i really really hate you monarch guy, i am in so much debt right now and i just ordered a 165 opteron....dear lord help me. good deal, and i am going to starve to death.

Bastard!
Here I was sitting happily with my 3700+ Sandy thinking "I'm gonna wait for AM2," when you come around and post these awesome deals!

Looks like I have a 165 coming to me next week! :D

Kevlarman said:
Bastard!
Here I was sitting happily with my 3700+ Sandy thinking "I'm gonna wait for AM2," when you come around and post these awesome deals!

My sentiments EXACTLY. Well, except my current processor WAS a 3200+ ;)

I shouldn't be worried that this is OEM, correct? I looked for the differences via google but I didn't find a concrete answer.

Im not sure what you mean? OEMs just dont have a HEATSINK or warranty. Well, they have 60day warranty from monarch, which is plenty. Chances are if its gonna be bad, it will fail within that 60 day period.

With retail, if you overclock anyways "technically" the warranty is void anyhow.

Chowder Head said:
I shouldn't be worried that this is OEM, correct? I looked for the differences via google but I didn't find a concrete answer.

Kevlarman said:
Bastard!

bah...same here except i was sitting on an opteron 146. time to upgrade to dual core 165 :) was gonna wait for the AM2 but oh well....(monarch gets my $$$)

Chowder Head said:

OEM is just the bare cpu

Retail=paperwork, warrenty, box
the dual optys come with a nice HSF that is up to par with a XP

Retsam said:
Im not sure what you mean? OEMs just dont have a HEATSINK or warranty. Well, they have 60day warranty from monarch, which is plenty. Chances are if its gonna be bad, it will fail within that 60 day period.

With retail, if you overclock anyways "technically" the warranty is void anyhow.
No heatsink included? I could just buy this and slap a Scythe Ninja on it with no problem right?

I've wanted this for a while and am about to jump on this. It's too good!

Chowder Head said:
No heatsink included? I could just buy this and slap a Scythe Ninja on it with no problem right?

I've wanted this for a while and am about to jump on this. It's too good!

yes, you can use any HSF that is compatible with S939. I think that the Scythe Ninja is. I have a Zalman 7700AlCu and will be using that.

Scythe ninja is what I want next. I wanna run it without a fan also. I gotta try it. As soon as I find someones used one for around $30. :p

gssethi said:
yes, you can use any HSF that is compatible with S939. I think that the Scythe Ninja is. I have a Zalman 7700AlCu and will be using that.
Thank god you said yes, because I already ordered it, lol.

Couldn't wait another second on a deal like that! :D

The Opteron 180 is still quite a bit more expensive than it's counterpart, the X2 4800 :[

Dear Monarch,

Why do you insist on making me poor? I work so very hard for my money, and you take it so effortlessly. Ahhh, I can't stay mad at you :)

Love, SeniorPaul

i see a lot of people here got the Opteron 165. I was thinking of getting the 175. What's the best bang for your buck?

i see a lot of people here got the Opteron 165. I was thinking of getting the 175. What would be the best bang for your buck?

Too hard to resist. Selling the 148 should be fun...

Now to find a decent cooler. And did anyone else try to order stickers and notice it bumps your shipping up like 9 bucks?

Hmmm. Can a 175 o/c on air pretty easily to FX-60 speeds? If so, what mobo would be suggested?

I've been looking at upgrading, and am close to pulling the trigger on an X2 4400 Toledo for not much less than the 175 after coupon. If I can get the 175 to near FX60 with a nice HSF then that 's a much better deal.

And can anybody refresh my memory on what the difference(s) would be between Opteron and X2 at the same stock clock speed? For example, 175 vs. X2 4400, both at 2.2Ghz stock -- does the Opteron have any architectural improvements or benefit over the 4400? Is the memory controller support dual-channel on the 175? Still DDR1, right?

I used to stay on top of this stuff, but work and grandkids are taking up a lot of time lately. :)

Malatov said:
And can anybody refresh my memory on what the difference(s) would be between Opteron and X2 at the same stock clock speed? For example, 175 vs. X2 4400, both at 2.2Ghz stock -- does the Opteron have any architectural improvements or benefit over the 4400? Is the memory controller support dual-channel on the 175? Still DDR1, right?

Opti has 1mb L2 cache per core. X2 has 512kb.

Back