We love you MONARCH!! :D

KrulL

n00b
OMFG...I gotta tell you all how www.monarchcomputer.com really, and I mean REALLY takes care of us [H]'ers here!! So here's the deal..

Donno if you guys got a sniff of my now defunct post last wendnesday about my pending order from way back Dec 2005 at monarch.

Here was the Original Lists from Dec 05:

2 x BFG 7800GTX OC 512MB
2 x AMD Opteron 280 2.4Ghz Dual-Core
4 x 2GB Patriot PC3200 ECC Reg. RAM

So when the 7800GTXs decided to go the way of obscurity in supply, our order got caught in the net like all the others who went ahead and dived in for the $800+ card back in Dec 05. Monarch stated that they'll have some cards coming from manufacturers around late JAN06/early FEB06, which would be on a 'first come first serve basis', apologizing for the delays as it wasn't in their hands in the first place.

The date came and gone, and my order did not cut the waiting list of demand for the cards. At this time as well, Monarch let everyone who ordered BFG's 7800GTX know that the card would not be in stock for a while, citing manufacturer's difficulty to supply the demand due to low yields and they were unsure when BFG would ship to them to answer demand for the cards. Monarch urged people to jump manufacturer (XFX) since they had those in stock at the time. One of the selling points to me at least in opting for the BFG's 7800GTX was its lifetime warranty, so I opted to wait patiently until the BFG 7800GTX became available once more.

In case anyone is wondering why we got the patience of a Buddhist Monk in waiting for our order at Monarch, the rigs (two IWILL ZMAXd2..) that all these parts were suppose to go in weren't available to us back in December, and due to financial constraint on our part now (my colleague recently tolled/trashed/junked his Honda Prelude... ouch), we still don't have them! :D So waiting was not an issue...

Mid FEB came and we got word on the Net that the imminent release of the 7900s were for this month, March. I immediately fired up an email to Monarch asking if there was such a thing as the 7900s coming, and if they were going to be one of the firsts to stock them. I got a reply back stating that they were now offering people with 7800GTX back-orders to be upgraded for 7900GTX when released. I jumped the gun of course! -- asking to one of the first in line for two 7900GTXs from BFG for our order!

They started shipping those who were on back order last Wednesday, so that people would get their cards by the time the Hard Launch come Thursday. Since our order also consisted of other parts -- parts of which dropped prices since DEC05, Monarch owed us MORE money this time around! I was ecstatic to say the least and went ahead on a shopping spree yesterday!! :D

So here's the final List I got from monarch (with part number in brackets for those interested in ordering the same...), showing how Monarch REALLY took care of us BIGTIME!!

2 x BFG 7900GTX OC 512MB (!!!) [190759]
2 x AMD Opteron 285 2.6Ghz Dual-Core (!!)
[120303]
4 x 2GB Patriot PC3200 ECC Reg. RAM [140056]

Not only did they upgrade my cards, they also upgraded my CPUs!! Additionally I got these below as well to even up the funds we had at Monarch due to current market price difference between when I ordered the 7800s then and the 7900s now...

2 x WD1500ADFD 150G Raptor 10000RPM SATA (!) [150351]
2 x WD4000KD 400GB Caviar 16mb Cache 7200RPM SATA [150175]
2 x OCZ OCZUSBRDC-512 USB 2.0 512mb [270550]

In the end we owed them some funds, but Monarch even further took care of us by giving us more price cuts on 'some' parts above! And I mean the MAJOR parts above if you get my drift... ;)

Overall It has been a thoroughly satisfying experience that I had with www.monarchcomputers.com as a whole. Being a first time customer as well, I took a leap of faith in them when I was researching on where to buy our parts from and Monarch came out a winner and then some! I'll surely shop with them for life!! I am also glad to see that they are one of [H]ard|OCP's main advertisers as well. Comes to show that they really look up to their clientele and know their shit inside out! This might sound like a friggin advertisement to some but I can tell you this -- you can't get wrong with monarchcomputer.com when it comes to 1000% customer support!

Big props to the www.monarchcomputers.com sales crew! You know who you are. This one's for you.. ;)

Now all I need is to get them IWILL ZMAXd2s and all will be set (/me count pennies...)

- KrulL

monarch appears to be a very decent company overall. props to what they are doing on these forums.

They seem good, but they were taking the fcuking piss yesterday with evga 7900GTX superclock, one minute it was $650, then $599, then $660.

Wow, that almost seems too good to be true. Are you sure you don't work for Monarch? :p

I love monarch. I ordered my 7900gtx today from there. I got the pny one for 479.00. Upgrading from 7800gtx 256. Luckily I found someone local to buy my 78 for 370 so i'm only spending about 100 bucks on the new card. I've never owned a PNY card before i'm hoping they are legit.

yup, monarch is pretty awesome. their deals in the hot deals section arent too shabby either

The Equalizer said:
They seem good, but they were taking the fcuking piss yesterday with evga 7900GTX superclock, one minute it was $650, then $599, then $660.
I'm sure there's a fairly sane reason/explanation for the price flux. AFAIK, these Hard Launches hit hard the most on vendors like monarch. It's all about oportunity cost -- so prices are weighted in accordingly. I'd recommend just goin ahead and go for the BFG. I mean how hard is it to reach superclock speeds? plus you'll save 100 bucks... ;)

AppaYipYip said:
Wow, that almost seems too good to be true. Are you sure you don't work for Monarch? :p
Hehe.. I sound like I do in that post, don't I? :D If you need proof, just check my profile and/or ask a mod to tell you which IP block I tend to connect from... which would prolly be from within Europe, across the great pond...

ITSTHINKING said:
I've never owned a PNY card before i'm hoping they are legit.
I've heard only great things about PNY products. So its a good buy...

Monarch's shipping to my colleague's (the one who's got a junked Honda Prelude mentioned above...) brother living/studying in Boston, MA., so we won't be seeing the parts until he brings them over here when he visits... ugh.. in another two or so weeks... Frankly I could care less now, cause until we get the IWILL ZMAXd2, I'd rather not see the parts here doing nothing! :D heh..

- KrulL

nice to hear that they gave you the stuff for the current market price, not what it would have cost 5 months ago.

monarch is a good company and all, however they fall short in terms of getting the product to you. take the 7900gt and gtx's for example. those of us who ordered from newegg with next day shipping already have a tracking number (mine is about 10 miles away from me now and it shipped last night at 9pm from california.). monarch orders on the 7900 series are still in the processing stage.

I got shafted by Monarch twice so I don't really have anything good to say about that. I didn't even get one appology or any kind of compensation.

Ockie said:
I got shafted by Monarch twice so I don't really have anything good to say about that. I didn't even get one appology or any kind of compensation.

Interesting statement, what are the order #s?

pandora's box said:
monarch is a good company and all, however they fall short in terms of getting the product to you. take the 7900gt and gtx's for example. those of us who ordered from newegg with next day shipping already have a tracking number (mine is about 10 miles away from me now and it shipped last night at 9pm from california.). monarch orders on the 7900 series are still in the processing stage.

Yeah, I was considering to cancel my order with Monarch and go with Newegg but...

... Newegg is now all sold out. *sigh* Guess I have to wait regardless.

Ockie said:
Well, nobody's perfect Ockie. At least Monarch tries to better itself from every trip it encounters. What else would you think they support [H] for apart from the obvious clientele? They know we're the shits (people who frequent the [H] that is... the elitist techies... the top of the tech food chain... etc.. heh.. pardon the french... :D ) and bullshitting is not an option for them. It's a tough biz to be in IMHO. And for my experience with them they passed with flying colors...

Anyways, I see that 'Monarch Deals' already got your attention. Prolly he can sort something out for you... gl! IMHO, it can only get better with Monarch listening on us [H]'ers :)

- KrulL

ITSTHINKING said:
I love monarch. I ordered my 7900gtx today from there. I got the pny one for 479.00. Upgrading from 7800gtx 256. Luckily I found someone local to buy my 78 for 370 so i'm only spending about 100 bucks on the new card. I've never owned a PNY card before i'm hoping they are legit.

I have one in my computer now, and they are the leading provider of workstation cards for nvidia. Their RMA process is a little more lengthy than say a BFG or EVGA, but not impossilbe :)

Monarch Deals said:
Interesting statement, what are the order #s?

Hmm I have to dig them up. Basically my deal was that I ordered a Silverstone TJ06 at one time since they were the only store to have them at the time, I waited a week with no shippment confirmation, I called and they said "we will have one on the way", basically had no idea what was going on. Another week passed and this time I called requesting either shipment or a refund, they ran around like chickens with missing heads... I don't know who it was who talked to me but the manager or something said the he will get mine out personally the same day. (It didn't go out the same day, only the next day) I wasn't offered an appology, discount, or even expedited shipping (since I needed it more than a week ago). I was told that a mistake was made and I was overlooked both times. When the case came the box looks like it was a bat out of hell, beaten and resealed. I mean the box looked so bad that I just tossed the box when I normally keep the boxes. (And it wasn't shippment damage, I assume it was damage form being kept in the warehouse or something).

I've ordered a total of 3 times from Monarch, twice I had problems. My first experience was great, ordered two raptors, shipping was fast and everything came as expected. The other two however was quite dissapointing. I do not remember the exact issue with the other order but it was also incredibly slow shipping (to get it moving out of the warehouse). I'm starting to shop almost exclusivley at vendors who can gurantee same day shipping or ones who has a proven track record for me with same day shipping.. then I usually upgrade the shipping at the same time.

EDIT: Looks like I made 6 or more orders from Monarch in the past, I will try and go through and try to recall the ones which were screwey.

My order numbers from the past are: 0298570, 0298481, 0444248, 0482332, 0482332, 0501514 I'm not sure which ones are which, I never registered for an account. I think the one that I descibed above was the 0444248 order for the Silverstone since I still have an email from that discussion.

EDIT2: Just checked my newegg account, made over 80 orders and not a single one with a conflict. I did have a couple RMA's but thats normal and expected from hardware. None of my orders were delayed due to any errors.

30 plus orders from ZipZoomFly, 14 plus orders from TechOnWeb.com, 10 from CrazyPc.com, and over 50 from Directron.com. None of those stores I've had a single problem, with the exception of a few orders (some were ordered late in the day or were backordered), they were all shipped out same day and zero order mixups or disruptions.

Maybe I just got unlucky or caught Monarch at the wrong time, but it's kinda upsetting when a customer slips through the cracks of the system :(

monarch wanted an additional $50 to warrant my 7900gt superclock. so i guess if it arrives doa, i will have to deal with evga instead. unless i have misunderstood, and for the extra cash they will hot ship you a replacement card for the first 2 weeks if you are doa.

Back