2407 release date

fishy1234

Weaksauce
Any predictions of when this new monitor from Dell will be released?

Here is my prediction.

Oh crystal ball...

Mar

Okay it will be 12 march 2006.

fishy1234 said:
Any predictions of when this new monitor from Dell will be released?

Here is my prediction.

Oh crystal ball...

Mar

Okay it will be 12 march 2006.
Oh I wish.

Judging on what Dell did for thier re-vamps of the 19" and 20" models, I'd say they probably aren't going to improve much over the 2405FPW. Maybe a slightly faster refresh rate with higher contrast? Who knows?

Maybe that will drop the price of the 2405 so more people can afford them. :)

-E

The 2407FPW will be released April 1st at an initial retail price of $899. The 2707FPW will also be released that day and retail for $1199. The 2405FPW will be discontinued that day as well. Also, anyone with a 2405FPW that believes they can send it to Dell and get a 2407FPW in exchange will be surprised to receive a refurbished 2405FPW, quite possibly with backlight bleeding, dead pixels, and dirty fingerprints all over it.

-- was this information wrong?

does anybody have ANY idea when the 2007wfp is going to be released?

I want go get the 2005fpw, but the backlight issue is really scaring me

Stop opening these terrible threads that say "release date" then ASK when the release date is. It's just annoying. No one knows. Stop speculating.

bagdad_bob_large.gif

There is no 2407. The stomachs of the liars will roast in the fires of hell.

I checked my crystal ball again, and it is still indicating 12 March. Although I must say, there is some back light bleeding, and one of the quartz is dead.

fishy1234 said:
I checked my crystal ball again, and it is still indicating 12 March. Although I must say, there is some back light bleeding, and one of the quartz is dead.

:D :D

Man, I got a 2405FPW, and it has no backlight bleeding. Far as contrast go...well you can see this thing from space. So I doubt there gonna make the 2407 any brighter. I imagine the'll make it alittle faster. But mine is 12ms, and I dont notice any ghosting while Im gaming or doing anything else. So if it is ghosting it pretty minor.

the 2407 will be released on thursday of this week, which is March 16th 2006...that's what i read...the dates i previously posted for its release were wrong, so I wouldn't bet the house on it...

supposedly, the 2407 will be around the same price as the 2405....

we'll see if this is good info or not...

vizx said:
the 2407 will be released on thursday of this week, which is March 16th 2006...that's what i read...the dates i previously posted for its release were wrong, so I wouldn't bet the house on it...

supposedly, the 2407 will be around the same price as the 2405....

we'll see if this is good info or not...
Around the same price as the 2407 before the 25% off sale or after? Also, this new one is going to have HDCP, right?

i'd imagine it will be close to the full price of a 2405, without any discounts, but that's just my speculation...and it supposedly will be HDCP compliant...let's hope both questions are answered this thursday....

Something is wrong with my Crystal Ball, today is the 12th and still no 2407 monitor. :confused:

I ran a microdiagnostics and found several other dead quartz. Maybe Dell can fix it. :(

Seriously, I hope they do release this new monitor on thursday, and it turns out to be a much better one. Some of us have been looking forward to this for a long time.
Unfortunately my real life calls for a trip to a foreign land tomorrow, somewhere called Las Vegas.

:D

See ya all when I get back...

people were placing a lot of hope on the guy at widescreengamingforum i guess. He said today "I'm trying to find out this morning. But it hasn't been launched today." and "I'e seen both as of yesterday. They are on display here, but they haven't given us a launch date or any info on them.... they are just sitting there. Most people who walk by think that they are the 2405 and 2005 sitting next to a 3007... it's really wierd."

looks like the release, or even annoucement will be delayed a bit longer :(

Badd said:
people were placing a lot of hope on the guy at widescreengamingforum i guess. He said today "I'm trying to find out this morning. But it hasn't been launched today." and "I'e seen both as of yesterday. They are on display here, but they haven't given us a launch date or any info on them.... they are just sitting there. Most people who walk by think that they are the 2405 and 2005 sitting next to a 3007... it's really wierd."

looks like the release, or even annoucement will be delayed a bit longer :(

Where is here? Where are they on Display?

fishy1234 said:
Where is here? Where are they on Display?

it's not been released yet. This whole 16th of March business was based on what someone on widescreengamingforum posted, who apparently works for Dell. Looks like it has been delayed, but don;t know for how long

Badd said:
it's not been released yet. This whole 16th of March business was based on what someone on widescreengamingforum posted, who apparently works for Dell. Looks like it has been delayed, but don;t know for how long
are you sure the displays people think are the 2005 and the 2405 really aren't the 2005 and the 2405?

Krycek1 said:
are you sure the displays people think are the 2005 and the 2405 really aren't the 2005 and the 2405?

that doesn't make sense :D

me thinks the release date is more based on them selling the leftover 2405s, better go order one just in case :cool:

I see Dell 2405 is no longer on sale, just for sale at $999.00, and my cable access is down. Having to use dial up to post this!

What can it mean?

I am going out of town on a religious retreat, and for a few days will be praying. When I come back it better be here.

God help us!

If it remains 24" like everyone assumes, it will be S-PVA. It they decide to use the latest LG S-IPS panels, like the ones used in the popular NEC 20", it will be a 23" panel as LG doesn't make a 24" yet.

fishy1234 said:
I see Dell 2405 is no longer on sale, just for sale at $999.00, and my cable access is down. Having to use dial up to post this!

What can it mean?

I am going out of town on a religious retreat, and for a few days will be praying. When I come back it better be here.

God help us!

Not sure what you are talking about, but the 2405 is still up for sale @ $799. :rolleyes:

fishy1234 said:

What can it mean?

God help us!
I'm not sure what your talking about either but I feel the same way.

Back