Interpol Mod

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
This time last year I wanted to build a computer for my wife for her birthday and wanted to do something different. She loves the band Interpol , and I thought it would be cool to build a case for her in their style (black/red theme). So now a year later, after getting married, buying a house, etc I finally got around to finishing it by cleaning the wiring and adding the second plexiglass window on the inside which I spray painted a anodized-metallic red. I admit it's not really an extensive mod since the case window is a pre-mod, and all I added was the decal, red painted plexi window, red CC, etc, but it made the wife happy so it's all good.

153_5363_800.jpg

153_5355_800.jpg

Evilot said:
Is the window 'matte', or is that just the focus on your camera?

Yes, the type of paint i used gave it a red frosted look. I wanted the red cathode to shine through but also wanted to hide some of the uglyness inside the case :)

Six said:
hey what kind of paint did you use?

This in red.. I was actually surprised by what came out of the can because from the cap I thought it would be more of a thick chromish paint but it's thin and translucent, which worked great for what I needed in this mod.

What did you use for the lettering, I was thinking about doing something similar but none of the products I can find to do lettering appear to be worth a damn.

antishatter said:
What did you use for the lettering, I was thinking about doing something similar but none of the products I can find to do lettering appear to be worth a damn.

I ordered it through Crazy PC, I basically just emailed them a .jpg of it and they mailed it to me. At first I was kinda po'ed because the exact dimensions they indicate on their site was not the same as what I had received, but luckily the decal just barely fits on the window :) So I'm happy with it.

heh, was listening to them tonight
very nice job, looks so much like 'Turn on the Bright Lights'

Back