There's Something About Mary ([H]ard|DC'er Interview for February)

AtomicMoose

[H]F Junkie
TDG and Marty9876 got together over the weekend for their interview....I think you will find this to be an interesting read:

tdg: Congratulations on your award of [H] DC'er of the month for February, how does it feel to be chosen by your fellow [H]'ers for such an award?

marty9876: Being chosen [H] DC'er makes me feel like I'm better than Moose

marty9876: :) It makes me laugh, thanks all and about time!

tdg: I'm sure he will spout off about this was all his idea, and that he's really better than you, but still you won

tdg: So why do you think you were chosen?

marty9876: Sometimes I have a good idea or two, sometimes I'm just an ass and get a laugh out of everyone. I dunno, me no like this question.

tdg: Yeah, we all laugh at you, you're the DC grinder monkey.

tdg: But either way, what DC projects do you participate in, F@H, UD, or both?

marty9876: DC projects: FAH, UD I've done. I've got technical issues with UD and short of trying not to flame anything I just don't care for it too much.

marty9876: I've tried many other projects.

tdg: The flaming will ensue.

tdg: What other DC type projects have you done?

marty9876: Climate thingy, RAC thingy (crack 128 bit encryption or something like that) the Enigma thing, SETI, some BOINC thing (tons of different programs under that), some crap where they pay you for using your bandwidth (bastards still owe me .03)

tdg: That's a lot of different projects, and I sure hope you get that 3 cents someday.

marty9876: I've spent 99.99% of my time on FAH, tried the other just for kicks.

tdg: Why do you do DC projects, F@H in particular?

marty9876: Why DC in general: One day about 15 months ago I had 50 + new 2.4 GHz machines just sitting there. I had to do something with them.

marty9876: Sorry, no mushy, Oldbenwa has testicular cancer, I do it just to do it.

tdg: Well whatever reason it all will help eventually. What kind of machines, and how many do you currently have crunching for you?

marty9876: One AMD, the rest Intel’s. 98% are work borgs. I think the true CPU count is ~150. I messed up an image and left the reg ID key in there, messes up CPU count.

marty9876: P2's-P4's.

marty9876: Actually anything with an electrical plug.

tdg: That’s a lot of borgs, what kind of PPD production do you get out of them?

marty9876: ~10k-12k depending on how big of a mess my shop is in and schedules. Work borgs I'm only running at 75% CPU

marty9876: My latest kick is to find creative ways to borg things, see how passively it can be done.

marty9876: Plan A, Plan B and Plan C still in the works.

tdg: Care to enlighten us about the plans?

marty9876: 18k PPD 24/7/365 if it all works out.

marty9876: Kick FLECOM's ass once and for all.

tdg: Pretty healthy plan.

tdg: Good luck on beating FLECOM, I think he's borged NASA.

marty9876: PS long live [H]OldMarty.

marty9876: Na, I'm close-- with the boxen I have already I can beat him. I just need time to plug them all in....

tdg: If you'd quit wasting so much time flirting with Moose maybe you could get that done huh?

marty9876: I gotta learn how to use Photo Chop. Insta-ban for me there I think. It's on the to-do list.

tdg: Haha, so anyway, if F@H could find one cure tomorrow, what disease would it be for?

marty9876: Honestly, anything I guess. One of the cancers I guess, once you have one down the rest should fall. Mad Cow would somehow be a plus, I like beef.

tdg: You'd cure mad cow, you will be flamed when this is posted.

marty9876: I said one of the cancers first...

tdg: It may slide, but maybe you can redeem yourself by telling us how many people you have referred to folding.

marty9876: 0

marty9876: LOL, that’s bad huh. I just borg their boxes.

tdg: OK, so you have borged others boxen, with permission we all know, how many of them?

marty9876: 1, and I gave them the computer... and they don't know its borged. Hey, I gave them the computer... 2 my nephews computer-- same deal. Stupid sister makes him shut it off. That's my 1 AMD system.

tdg: Well at least you tried...

marty9876: Most people look at you like WTF

tdg: Indeed they do, I borged a few work machines and they thought I was installing spyware or something, they don't want to believe that you can install a program that may help find cures for diseases.

marty9876: And people don't know how a computer can run a program at any CPU % and not slow it down.

tdg: Oh yeah, they want to know if it will slow them down. I ask them if they left their tin foil hat at home.

tdg: Anyways, tell me what's with Mary? Are you hiding something?

marty9876: #$&%
marty9876: Old
marty9876: Ben
marty9876: Wa
marty9876: Gonna
marty9876: Get
marty9876: His
marty9876: $&%
marty9876: Kicked

tdg: So maybe "Mary" is offensive to you, strike a nerve does it?

marty9876: Na, I could care less. Gets old some days.

marty9876: Guess it stuck huh?

marty9876: &#$%
marty9876: :)

tdg: Sure has, maybe Kyle can do a name change for you?

marty9876: Ahh, they tried before, did not take.

tdg: How unfortunate, maybe a user title then.

tdg: I hear he likes the $$$

tdg: Maybe a fundraiser for DC, we can raise money and pay Kyle to change your user title on the forum to Mary

marty9876: Hehe, you know that Google ad thing on [H]Forums?

tdg: The ads that eat up 15% of my screen, can't miss ‘em

marty9876: I took out a folding plug add, with a Moose treat, never ran though. Guess I did not set a high enough spending limit. Fund raiser to run some ads might help the team.

tdg: Not too shabby of an idea.

marty9876: I wonder if it would piss off Kyle?

tdg: Most likely it would, haha.

tdg: OK I think that’s all the questions I have for you, anything else you'd like to ad before we close?

marty9876: Na, I'll be good. Just thought up about 7 flame war starting things... that's what the forums are for!

tdg: Well congrats again, and keep on folding!

marty9876: Thanks! You do the same.

tdg: Will do.

Thanks to Marty for his dedication to this team, and all the light heartedness he brings to the forum. Thanks to tdg for yet another great interview!

See you next time.

AtomicMoose said:
tdg: Anyways, tell me what's with Mary? Are you hiding something?

marty9876: #$&%
marty9876: Old
marty9876: Ben
marty9876: Wa
marty9876: Gonna
marty9876: Get
marty9876: His
marty9876: $&%
marty9876: Kicked

tdg: So maybe "Mary" is offensive to you, strike a nerve does it?

marty9876: Na, I could care less. Gets old some days.

marty9876: Guess it stuck huh?

marty9876: &#$%
marty9876: :)

Sorry Marty :D :p

Oldbenwa

mary+photoshop......yeah I can't think of how that would go wrong :D

Spectre said:
mary+photoshop......yeah I can't think of how that would go wrong :D

"Let me count the ways...."

Gotta take my shoe off....

Now the other one.....

Anybody lend me a few dozen hands and feet??? :D

nah, more like the infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters. except here, you have one monkey, and the typewriter is a computer with photoshop... ;)

or maybe an infinite number of monkeys, with an infinite number of weapons. trying to get a cat out of a tree. without touching it themselves. i'm not sure where marty fits into this; i think he'd start as the monkeys, with moose as the cat, then they would change places rapidly.

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make bad analogies.

the black knight always triumphs!

rogue_jedi said:
nah, more like the infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters. except here, you have one monkey, and the typewriter is a computer with photoshop... ;)

or maybe an infinite number of monkeys, with an infinite number of weapons. trying to get a cat out of a tree. without touching it themselves. i'm not sure where marty fits into this; i think he'd start as the monkeys, with moose as the cat, then they would change places rapidly.

and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make bad analogies.

the black knight always triumphs!

QFT?

marty9876 said:
some crap where they pay you for using your bandwidth (bastards still owe me .03)
Link? I have 10 mbit and all I've found to do with it is bittorrent...
marty9876 said:
PS long live [H]OldMarty.
[H]OldMarty is dead? Long live the [H]OldMarty?

Back