Yet another rate my 1st water setup thread ... PICS

malicious

Supreme [H]ardness
Thanks to everyone that helped out here at the [H]ard. It still needs a little work but overall I think it was a success... ;)

UPDATE WITH NEW PICS!! - window is very dusty but i was afraid to clean it with normal windex type cleaner .. any suggestions safe for acrylic?

img00636yc.jpg

img00595mr.jpg

img00570yo.jpg

HI RES 1

HI RES 2

HI RES 3

Not bad...What kit are you using? It looks like a DD/Swiftech Hybrid. Is that an Apogee?

As you can see in my sig im still rockin the AN35ultra. I got mine refurbed 2 years ago and its been rock solid from day 1. I switched from a gigabyte board also, with a non AGP-locking VIA chipset :eek: . This thing has been fun to overclock with- I can get my XPm up to around 2.5ghz without much problem. What kind of clocks are you getting with that water?

nice job, I like the blue/black theme. What are the WC system specs and temps?

CoW]8(0) said:
Not bad...What kit are you using? It looks like a DD/Swiftech Hybrid. Is that an Apogee?

it's a peiced together kit bought entirely from peeps here

LOOP:
D5 pump
Apogee block w/ custom riser to get over caps
Low Profile Maze4 GPU
1.120 BIP
DD Blue Tubeing except the res/fillport is clear

SYSTEM:
Shuttle AN35N Ultra Nforce2
XP-M 2400+ 1.35vcore IQYHA
2x512 GeiL Value 3200
PNY 6200 that unlocks to all 8 and does GT speeds (paid 65 shipped)
Creative Augidy 5.1
WD 30 gig
DVD & CD-RW
Fortron FSP-60BN? 350watt
case is a kingwin / directron 3 window (been around for ever)

banned_user said:
As you can see in my sig im still rockin the AN35ultra. I got mine refurbed 2 years ago and its been rock solid from day 1. I switched from a gigabyte board also, with a non AGP-locking VIA chipset :eek: . This thing has been fun to overclock with- I can get my XPm up to around 2.5ghz without much problem. What kind of clocks are you getting with that water?

Just got it booted tonight so .. OC results will be on the way ..

this is stock 1.8 at idle (web surfing, hosting pics, etc) .. pump is turned down to min at 1800rpms vs. 4800 on level five. I ran prime for about 45 minutes and it touched 42 with 27c ambient. Ok i guess .. prob should have went with 2.120rad but price was right on this one..soooo
spec25tc.jpg

EDIT: CPU is temp2 //// System is temp1 //// PWN is temp3

42C max load (so far)

stock speed on this chip is 1.8ghz

1.35(stock) 2025mhz stable
1.40 2116mhz stable
1.45(most xp-m stock) 2172mhz stable

I'm using the word stable loosely.... these speeds passed prime for more than 10min..

Tryin to get a good voltage/mhz curve so i can decide where to perm set it.

mal

Looks great, has potential to cool more than a athlonxp too of course :)

Will go along great with a a64.

That a 2500+ M?

Mine needs a crapload of voltage to hit anything high, but I'm prime stable at 2.4 GHz (1.85 volts :eek:).
That's a really nice setup, and I love the way the blue tubing looks in there. I might have to get some when I redo my loop.

Very nice looking! Much better wire management than mine, but of course, I've got twice as much stuff in mine.:)

What are using for coolant, BTW? I like the blue. At some point, I might have to change mine out. Blue kind of goes better with the rest of my "blue" stuff.

It would give me an opportunity to add a drain port, also.

Jim

Oops! If I read everything, I would have seen you have blue tubing!

she's doing great under water .. 2.5ghz w/ 1.65vcore at around 41-42C ..

haven't pushed it further ..

mal

Leak

after like four days..

hose clamps on the gpu inlet barb was loose .. took a piss on my sound card

I heard to dunk it 99% isopropyl alcohol and then air compressor it dry...

any suggestions?

malicious said:
Leak

any suggestions?

dont even think about trying to run that thing in your comp untill it is completily dry, id leave it out with like a fan on it or somthing for a day if not 2

malicious said:
Leak

after like four days..

hose clamps on the gpu inlet barb was loose .. took a piss on my sound card

I heard to dunk it 99% isopropyl alcohol and then air compressor it dry...

any suggestions?

Hose clamps...
rant.gif

99% Isopropyl or reagent grade will work very well. Dunking works, but spraying or just pouring also works. Use compressed air (compressor or canned) to blow the isopropyl into the little crevices while you work. Toothbrush is also helpful for the flatter parts of the card. Blow off with compressed air really well and let sit a while in a warm place before using. How long? That's up to you. Also helps to pray to the watercooling goddess.
worried.gif

it was out for a couple of days with no treatment .. just blew it off and set it out.

today i poured 70% alcohol on it and blew it off with the air compressor

stuck it back in and it works like a charm .. no worries so far

;)

mal

Top Nurse said:
Hose clamps...
rant.gif

99% Isopropyl or reagent grade will work very well. Dunking works, but spraying or just pouring also works. Use compressed air (compressor or canned) to blow the isopropyl into the little crevices while you work. Toothbrush is also helpful for the flatter parts of the card. Blow off with compressed air really well and let sit a while in a warm place before using. How long? That's up to you. Also helps to pray to the watercooling goddess.
worried.gif

:cool: What about hose clamps? :cool:

just wrenched em down a bit tighter .. seems to be fine now..

i tested for about 18 hours after i tightened em down and no drips sooo...

running smooth now.

xp-m 2400+ 35watt @ 2.370Ghz prime stable with 1.625vcore at about 42-43C (i thought she would do more *w/ this vcore* but turns out it wasn't 24/7 stable .. just for an hour or so)

that's with my 6200/6600 in the loop and the D5 which dumps a lot of heat .. on a single BIP 1.120 w/ very low antec clear fan ..

i'm pretty happy with it ...

huge step up from my ti-4600 - plays fear & quake4 no problem .. i've been playin the demos .. fear is freakin awsome .. i hit a head shot with that nail gun and stapled a dudes head to the wall .. he was hanging from it .. lol .. that game is awsome ..

jury is still out on quake4 MP..

mal

JC634 said:
Very nice looking! Much better wire management than mine, but of course, I've got twice as much stuff in mine.:)

What are using for coolant, BTW? I like the blue. At some point, I might have to change mine out. Blue kind of goes better with the rest of my "blue" stuff.

It would give me an opportunity to add a drain port, also.

Jim

Oops! If I read everything, I would have seen you have blue tubing!
PC-ICE is pretty nice blue coolant, fyi...although it is not non-conductive..so a leak will fry your stuff...

OP, your setup is really nice and clean, I like it! :D

thansk bro ...

i'll have more pics up someday w/ the white cold cathods in etc...

mal

So you are suggesting that a system is MORE likely to leak if you use hose clamps? I don't watercool computers, but every other application where you might use hose clamps that I've ever seen works a lot better with them than without them.

It hit 2.6Ghz at 1.67v on air with my Asus, I don't see much there that would "hurt." The limit with his OC is due to the limits of his mobo, different mobo, different OC.

Daravon said:
So you are suggesting that a system is MORE likely to leak if you use hose clamps? I don't watercool computers, but every other application where you might use hose clamps that I've ever seen works a lot better with them than without them.

i think most people will agree that hoseclamps are the most secure .. maybe using 3/8 tubes with 1/2 barbs and boiling water is about the same .. but for the average watercooler the worm clamps seem to work pretty well and are used widely..

mal

Met-AL said:
And it can only hit 2.2Ghz on water? ...ouch

did i say it could only do 2.2. on water? don't remeber that

i had it stable at 2.6 with 1.7(5)vcore min or there about .. but that's just to much voltage for me .. + i think this board is undervolting quite a bit..

mal

This is my everyday clock with the bios set to 1.625 .. .. cpuz reporting 1.616
This is prime stable for 24hours and with temps that are reasonable.

cpuz6sc.jpg

Back