BF2: Got Banned .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeltedBarrel

Limp Gawd
As I was checking my stats during lunch break today, I noticed I was banned from some server. I know I was kicked for teamkilling, although it was on person only and they ran in front of my tank. Don't know which server it was though. Is there anyway to tell which server I am banned from? I guess it doesn't really matter, just curious.

You will figure it out when you decide join the server again...whatever server that may be.

I joined a server once, got a tk right off the bat, got banned. Jumped on the server website and said that it was obviously a mistake since I had just joined. They removed the ban.

There's a lot of ban/kick happy admins out there.

I've been banned twice in games where I get a quick run (all luck believe me) and start racking up kills quickly.

I've been banned from 5 BF2 servers....
1. I was running over the other team with th buggy, not shooting them. The "other team" was the clan that owned the server mind you and they did not think it was at all funny that I took out thier entire team on at least 5 occasions on one map. It's not my fault they all spawned as snipers at the same place and were in a big crowd....
2. Same offence, running over the other team and getting "too many land mine kills"
3. Taking out the clan leaders tank with a kamakazie take down with the apache
4. Same offence as #1 and #2
5. Same offense as #1, #2, and #4.

For some reason I'm being told I'm not "PLAYING" the game right.... hehe.

On a couple other servers I get hunted down because they know I'm going to run them over. It's acutally quite fun - "oh crap! gunny tim is here... stay off the roads, sidewalks and anywhere else he can drive..."

If a clan wants to ban me for having fun and playing the game (I'm always in a squad, follow orders, cap points, etc, I just rarely use a handheld weapon to take people out :) ).

Peace,
Tim

I get banned because I come up with inventive ways of killing people, taking flags or "guarding" points.

One admin said I was banned because grabbing a stationary artillery gun at a enemy flag point was spawn camping when it actuallty, I was protecting myself and taking the flag when NOBODY actually spawned there.

Or the time I explosion packed a china troop helicopter and waited for some dumbasses to climb in and take off and blew them up. I was kicked for "Unfairly taken advantage of empty miltary equipment" WTF??? I logged back in, told the clan they were dumb fuckwads and logged off.

BF2 is full of the biggest sore loser ass minded admins on the internet.

Oh, I especially loved how I got banned on at Karkland server when my dumbass teamates decided to file into a small alleyway that I just threw a grenade into to clear out. Needless to say, instant -10 and bannage :rolleyes:

I was banned a few times in my old account.
Mostly due to the old 1.1 missles lock on bug.
I would fire off a missile, miss my target and the happy missile would fly off and hit my friendly fully loaded blackhawk.

Nothing like starting a round with -35 in your score!!! :D

I got banned for excessive team killing because retards in jeeps kept crashing into me. I was the non-moving tank and I get blamed for the team kill.

Oh well, there is 3000 other servers I can play in with no problem.

Rich Tate said:
I've been banned twice in games where I get a quick run (all luck believe me) and start racking up kills quickly.

This seems to happen most frequently with clans composed of 13/14 year olds becuase they can't stand it when an unorganized PUB team happens ot have a couple decent players which end up whooping on them.

Personally I could care less about being banned on these types of servers... Yeah I might be able to get easy points but it doesn't help improve your skills when you play against retards.

Im always afraid of that, espically when I was playing karkand I hoped in the tank, got 94 points 30 something kills, and didn't die at all. I was waiting for some guy to yell hacks.

somecallmeTim said:
On a couple other servers I get hunted down because they know I'm going to run them over. It's acutally quite fun - "oh crap! gunny tim is here... stay off the roads, sidewalks and anywhere else he can drive..."

If a clan wants to ban me for having fun and playing the game (I'm always in a squad, follow orders, cap points, etc, I just rarely use a handheld weapon to take people out :) ).

Peace,
Tim
That's f'n gay.

Now, I'm not saying that running people down with a jeep or buggy or tank is a bad thing.

I'm saying that purposely hunting them down in vehicles and never actually firing a weapon is gay. The fact that you resort to using vehicles as your primary weapon shows that you have no skill. I'd ban your lame ass too.

You want to play the game. Learn how to use the weapons. Its ok to run a person down if they are in the street. But to blatently hunt them down off-road is weak.

I've run people down on my way to an objective, but I've never swerved to actually aim for a person. And I've never cirlced a squad with a vehicle with the intention of running them over. I'd rather disembark my vehicle and fight and I've done so repeatedly.

Moose777 said:
That's f'n gay.

Now, I'm not saying that running people down with a jeep or buggy or tank is a bad thing.

I'm saying that purposely hunting them down in vehicles and never actually firing a weapon is gay. The fact that you resort to using vehicles as your primary weapon shows that you have no skill. I'd ban your lame ass too.

You want to play the game. Learn how to use the weapons. Its ok to run a person down if they are in the street. But to blatently hunt them down off-road is weak.

I've run people down on my way to an objective, but I've never swerved to actually aim for a person. And I've never cirlced a squad with a vehicle with the intention of running them over. I'd rather disembark my vehicle and fight and I've done so repeatedly.
Soo...there's an etiquette to killing people now? I never knew it was all so complex...

I've ran people down with the vehicles, granted I do use weapons as well, but there is some very satisfying fun with running people over.

Pretty poor excuse to ban and insult someone.

Moose777 said:
That's f'n gay.

So, what would be the rule of thumb here? Would you like every person who is driving a vehicle to state which direction their destination is in, and call them a lameass for varying from that direction by more than a certain amount? What would that amount be, praytell? 30 degrees? 45?

You had registered what could stand in the hall of fame of the world's most utterly pointless complaints, and then you went and only made it better by stating that it's something that you do as well, but don't do - and the reason you don't do it is because of a perfectly arbitrary explanation that only serves to justify your non-lameness. Truly spectacular my friend, two thumbs up for you.

somecallmeTim said:
For some reason I'm being told I'm not "PLAYING" the game right.... hehe.

That is funny. I so want to see things like that. The server I game on is pretty cool. They only ban for excessive TKing, and camping non-capable bases.

I did get banned from that server one night, but it was only for an hour due to one of the glitches in one of the patches. It credited me with something like 6 team kills in 3 seconds. I think I was in a plane crash when the pilot bailed and didn't tell me.

MeltedBarrel said:
As I was checking my stats during lunch break today, I noticed I was banned from some server. I know I was kicked for teamkilling, although it was on person only and they ran in front of my tank. Don't know which server it was though. Is there anyway to tell which server I am banned from? I guess it doesn't really matter, just curious.

Has it ever crossed your mind that the guy you ran over WAS the admin? :p

@somecallmeTim

Might as well change your name to RoadRage :D

I'm surprised you actually find it practical. Considering how easy it is to blow up land vehicles in this game.

Moose777 said:
That's f'n gay.

Going to have to disagree there, as far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a bad kill (at least against the other team).

99.99% of my kills are on foot with traditional weapons, but I take special pleasure in squishing snipers.

If you don't want to be run over, consider not loitering in the open like a n00b.

probably was an admin. Don't know. I very quickly lost connection and the kicked message came up. I was having fun up until that point, played like five maps in a row. There are always other servers to play on.

Moose777 said:
That's f'n gay.

Your fucking kidding me right? Wait, so this means I should jump outa my jet in midair and attempt to shoot my pistol at a enemy pilot just so I don't have the advantage of using a plane to make it fair?

Ooookay...... :rolleyes:

A kills a kill, no matter how lame, inventive, stupid, or creative it may be. If I see an asshat going down the middle of the road, i'll squash him. If I see a enemy in the runnway, i'll run his ass over. If im about to blow up in a vehicle, i'll ram it into the first enemy vehicle I"ll see.

finalgt said:
So, what would be the rule of thumb here? Would you like every person who is driving a vehicle to state which direction their destination is in, and call them a lameass for varying from that direction by more than a certain amount? What would that amount be, praytell? 30 degrees? 45?

You had registered what could stand in the hall of fame of the world's most utterly pointless complaints, and then you went and only made it better by stating that it's something that you do as well, but don't do - and the reason you don't do it is because of a perfectly arbitrary explanation that only serves to justify your non-lameness. Truly spectacular my friend, two thumbs up for you.

Yes, there is etiquette. Its called respect for those you play with.

And I expected the vast majority of you to miss the point entirely. No, bailing out of your plane to engage ground troops would be retarded. And is actually unrelated.

Driving a vehicle with the sole intent on using said vehicle as a weapon is wrong. Period. Aiming on purpose to strike a person is wrong. Aiming at a group of people is wrong. Purposly changing course and circling your opponent in a vehicle with the intent of striking and killing your opponent with said vehicle is wrong.

This is the difference between the way you play, and I play. If I happen to strkie a person with my Humvee, buggy, tank, AA vehicle, APC, Vodnik while traveling to an objective or a destination unintentionally thats fine. But the momeny I begin to use the vehicle as a weapon and begin to alter my course to strike targets using the hood ornament as a aiming recticule that is wrong and its a misuse of a vehicle.

It'd be the same as real life soldiers directing their Strykers into enemy implacements with the intent on killing them. First of all. Their vehicle would most likely be shelled and destroyed and all passengers killed. But its a misallocation of equipment. Your buggy in BF2 should never be operated with only a driver. You should have one gunner. Of course this isn't always practical as sometimes you get seperated from your squad. But when contact is made you should at least give the opponent some respect and engage them on foot (that is if you honestly feel the need to engage at that time; but well, since you are using the vehicle for as a weapon that kind of makes honor and comradery a moot point now doesn't it). Its the same thing as taking your jet in BF2 and slamming it into a group of soldiers or a tank, Kamikazee style. You have bombs, missiles, cannons. Use your ordinance. If you don't break off and go get rearmed. Using your billion dollar aircraft as a bomb is a sad misallocation of equipment and if I were the admin of the server I'd kick your lame ass for ruining a perfectly good airplane.

See the real difference is, I don't USE my vehicle as a weapon. If I run someone over unintentionally then fine. But I'm not about to steer it into a squad or soldiers on the sidewalk, what'd be the point? Easy kill? I guess I could see that if I'm a stat padding vehicle slut. But I happen to have some type of respect for the people I play with even if I don't know them. And I'd much rather get out of the vehicle and engage them on the same level. Its a two way street. I've been laying in the middle of the road and laying down fire and had an enemy vehicle approach. Most times it'd stop and the soldiers inside would engage me on an even fight. A few times I've been run over. But I can count on one hand the amount of people I've cheaply run over someone and how many times I've been cheaply run over and I've got way more kills having disembarked from my vehicle and engaged the enemy on foot.

In Iraq the Stryker colums park and the soldiers disembark the vehicles to engage enemy units in the streets. They don't give the Stryker gas and run the Iraqi or insurgent soldiers down. Same applies to the Humvee crews. Its a code of conduct and part of the rules of engagement. Unwritten/written it doesn't matter. Its a respect thing.

But, its fine if you don't understand. I don't expect you to. I've never been banned from any of the servers I play on. And I know I play by a different set of rules and conduct.

On a side note, in relation to giving special treatment to snipers I find great enjoyment when I'm COing to have the squads spot snipers for the sole purpose of giving the sniper a volley of arty fire. I do the same for the enemy CO if he's spotted.

Moose777 said:

And I expected the vast majority of you to miss the point entirely. No, bailing out of your plane to engage ground troops would be retarded. And is actually unrelated.

Driving a vehicle with the sole intent on using said vehicle as a weapon is wrong. Period. Aiming on purpose to strike a person is wrong. Aiming at a group of people is wrong. Purposly changing course and circling your opponent in a vehicle with the intent of striking and killing your opponent with said vehicle is wrong.

This is the difference between the way you play, and I play. If I happen to strkie a person with my Humvee, buggy, tank, AA vehicle, APC, Vodnik while traveling to an objective or a destination unintentionally thats fine. But the momeny I begin to use the vehicle as a weapon and begin to alter my course to strike targets using the hood ornament as a aiming recticule that is wrong and its a misuse of a vehicle.

It'd be the same as real life soldiers directing their Strykers into enemy implacements with the intent on killing them. First of all. Their vehicle would most likely be shelled and destroyed and all passengers killed. But its a misallocation of equipment. Your buggy in BF2 should never be operated with only a driver. You should have one gunner. Of course this isn't always practical as sometimes you get seperated from your squad. But when contact is made you should at least give the opponent some respect and engage them on foot (that is if you honestly feel the need to engage at that time; but well, since you are using the vehicle for as a weapon that kind of makes honor and comradery a moot point now doesn't it). Its the same thing as taking your jet in BF2 and slamming it into a group of soldiers or a tank, Kamikazee style. You have bombs, missiles, cannons. Use your ordinance. If you don't break off and go get rearmed. Using your billion dollar aircraft as a bomb is a sad misallocation of equipment and if I were the admin of the server I'd kick your lame ass for ruining a perfectly good airplane.

See the real difference is, I don't USE my vehicle as a weapon. If I run someone over unintentionally then fine. But I'm not about to steer it into a squad or soldiers on the sidewalk, what'd be the point? Easy kill? I guess I could see that if I'm a stat padding vehicle slut. But I happen to have some type of respect for the people I play with even if I don't know them. And I'd much rather get out of the vehicle and engage them on the same level. Its a two way street. I've been laying in the middle of the road and laying down fire and had an enemy vehicle approach. Most times it'd stop and the soldiers inside would engage me on an even fight. A few times I've been run over. But I can count on one hand the amount of people I've cheaply run over someone and how many times I've been cheaply run over and I've got way more kills having disembarked from my vehicle and engaged the enemy on foot.

In Iraq the Stryker colums park and the soldiers disembark the vehicles to engage enemy units in the streets. They don't give the Stryker gas and run the Iraqi or insurgent soldiers down. Same applies to the Humvee crews. Its a code of conduct and part of the rules of engagement. Unwritten/written it doesn't matter. Its a respect thing.

But, its fine if you don't understand. I don't expect you to. I've never been banned from any of the servers I play on. And I know I play by a different set of rules and conduct.

On a side note, in relation to giving special treatment to snipers I find great enjoyment when I'm COing to have the squads spot snipers for the sole purpose of giving the sniper a volley of arty fire. I do the same for the enemy CO if he's spotted.
This is a perfect instance of "you play your game, I'll play mine".

Wow...
This isnt the War in Iraq
This is Battefield 2

There is no "misuse of a vehicle" as you put it. The sole purpose of vehicle are either to:
1) Transport
2) Kill people
Doesn't matter how I killed, as long as I kill. As for running the said vehicle on purpose into a squad? Those n00bs shouldn't have been bunched up.
Period.

KillerTomato said:
Doesn't matter how I killed, as long as I kill. As for running the said vehicle on purpose into a squad? Those n00bs shouldn't have been bunched up.
Period.

OK, I'm sorry, but thats fucking funny and so true on many levels. My friends and I refer to a tightly bunched squad running across the road as "gimme's". :D

I have to agree though, if it's in the game, use it. I will fully admit I play like a dirty fucker sometimes, but its them against me, and I'm going to kill them anyway I can. ;)

No sense it getting riled up this late over it, right? ;)

Moose777 said:
That's f'n gay.

Telling someone how they should kill someone is lame. When the hell where there any rules put out about how to kill someone in an online game? I guess I missed that. Maybe the guy doesn't like using a weapon or he's just not good enough with it and enjoys using a vehicle. Id say as long as he's still contributing to the team then who gives a rats a** how he does it. <No name calling please> -Rich Tate

Moose777 said:

Jesus H Christ are you serious? Go join the army if you want realism and rules...

Moose777 said:

Dude, what you need to do is make a "Fisticuffs at dawn" mod.

Or go back to Myst.

I respect the guy who can shoot me in the face before I can shoot him in his, and no one else.

The only "Tactic" that I wish was gone or nerfed is Arty spamming, even then, only when it's my own commander making caps impossible for us.

Next you'll be saying it's not cool to sneak up on a sniper and put an AT shell through the back of his head at point blank range.

Moose777 said:

If you want to think you're somehow a better person in life because of the way you play a videogame, go ahead. I'll continue to have fun running you over with vehicles on purpose. :p

MartinX said:
Dude, what you need to do is make a "Fisticuffs at dawn" mod.
That'd be so hilarious, I'd actually play it. :D

Moose777 said:
Blah blah blah...

You've got to be shitting me? Have you travelled in convoys in Iraq? A Stryker or HMMWV isn't about to stop suddenly if some hadji with an frickin RPG steps out on a nearby curve. You can bet your ass that I'd have been plowing his worthless ass over. In fact, convoys aren't going to stop for jack or shit between point A and point B for anything short of a mechanical failure. Sidewalks, wrong directions...that crap is ALL open game and everyone who doesn't want to get run over gets the hell out of the way. Where you DO see soldiers dismounting is when they are conducting a cordon and search or something. They aren't going to say "WHOA...let's get out and cap that guy over there so I can be honorable and fair" What fairy world do you live in? They get no respect. The only respected insurgent is a dead one.

Moose777 said:

Wait...so using a HMMWV to run someone over is a misallocation of equipment and funds, but using an entire artillery volley to nail a single sniper isn't??!!?? :confused:

Funny that you say that running over people isn't the "right" way to play the game. Especially considering that the Transport Badge ( LINK - see bottom) for the Veteran and Expert is DEPENDENT on running over people.

Seriously...having some kind of code of honor about not having fun every now and then by running the other team over with a vehicle is one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

Moose777 said:

If there was ever a time for the :LOL: smilie to be enabled, it's here.

Moose777 said:

Way too long, could someone please sum this up in 3 words or less please?

Focker said:
Way too long, could someone please sum this up in 3 words or less please?

"SWM, (single white male)"

Just kidding, but seriously. Some people need to chill out about their war simulations.

Moose777 said:

Dude, use the scan button and find them yourself. It helps to see where the enemy is heading, too.

KillerTomato said:
Wow...
This isnt the War in Iraq
This is Battefield 2

There is no "misuse of a vehicle" as you put it. The sole purpose of vehicle are either to:
1) Transport
2) Kill people
Period.

YES THERE IS. Using a vehicle to kill people is cruel and inhumane and is therefore implicitly frobidden by the Geneva convention. Also the only race of people who get killed consistently by being run over are the n00bs. So using vehicles to kill people also violates the UN Genocide Convention cuz you're focusing all of your energy on one group of people because of HATE. Hatred is WRONG. Sure, there isn't a law specifically against stuffing someone full of crumpled paper until they're almost dead, but that doesn't make it OK...

just use reasonable tactics and everything is much cooler + running people over with vehicals is pretty unrealistic, would almost never happen in real life.

Hvatum said:
YES THERE IS. Using a vehicle to kill people is cruel and inhumane and is therefore implicitly frobidden by the Geneva convention. Also the only race of people who get killed consistently by being run over are the n00bs. So using vehicles to kill people also violates the UN Genocide Convention cuz you're focusing all of your energy on one group of people because of HATE. Hatred is WRONG. Sure, there isn't a law specifically against stuffing someone full of crumpled paper until they're almost dead, but that doesn't make it OK...

just use reasonable tactics and everything is much cooler + running people over with vehicals is pretty unrealistic, would almost never happen in real life.

Heh, unrealistic.

I guess we're seeing a schism here between, gamers and some other breed of computer user I can't quite define, possibly teenaged war nerds or something, the upside of course is that there's plenty of servers for all, so we can play while they sit around debating UN mandates and training manuals or whatever it is that floats their boat, HOORAY!!!

To the people defending the realism of a game where you can deploy your parachute from the second story of a building: ha!

I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. I understand there is a lot of immaturity on public servers; this thread is proof of that. And thats why I don't play on them.

Oh, and to the person who said something to the effect of deploying a parachute off a 2nd story building, yes I agree. Not very realistic. But I guess you've also never heard of B.A.S.E. Jumping either. (Building, Air, Span, Earth Jumping). Kind of impractical on a battlefield in real life but works in a game.

finalgt said:

LOL, amen to that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back