Here I Go Again

theseeker

2[H]4U
Out with the fans in with the water.
Here is what I am starting with.
ff4c4cff.jpg

Fans out, blocks in.
58dfdc53.jpg

I am removing the original fans in the top.
f4680e83.jpg

Cant decide if I should use Pabst or Vantec? I have a couple of each laying around. Any suggestions?

Now for the GTX's.
5c440822.jpg

I would prefer to mount them as shown above, but I am not sure how hot the heatsink gets on the voltage converter? Any suggestions?

I will post more along the way.

I like it... and I think you should use the papst.

The heatsink's shouldn't be too big of a worry.

Now I have to determine the flow?
Res-Pump-CPU-RAD-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res......or

Res-Pump-RAD-CPU-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res?

I can see it both ways, not sure which path to take.

theseeker said:
Now I have to determine the flow?
Res-Pump-CPU-RAD-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res......or

Res-Pump-RAD-CPU-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res?

I can see it both ways, not sure which path to take.
Aquastreams dump next to nothing regarding heat so it really shouldn't matter. As a rule of thumb I also go Res-Pump-RAD-CPU-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res

R1ckCa1n said:
Aquastreams dump next to nothing regarding heat so it really shouldn't matter. As a rule of thumb I also go Res-Pump-RAD-CPU-CPU-RAD-GPU-GPU-Res
That is what I did.

I will fill it up in the morning.
I tucked the small RAD in the bottom of the case. The case has vents across the bottom.
78556e94.jpg

The tubing for the external RAD will out the back by the EVO RAD

The GTX cards.
32749d6e.jpg

Needs cable management and some cleaning up.
4e117744.jpg

I have been testing for a couple hours and no leaks. I did have one problem in the beginning, I had very little flow. I examined everything and I noticed one line with basically no water. Turns out mt flow sensor was bad. I took it out and everything was fine. I did take it apart and retry it, but its dead.

theseeker said:
I have been testing for a couple hours and no leaks. I did have one problem in the beginning, I had very little flow. I examined everything and I noticed one line with basically no water. Turns out mt flow sensor was bad. I took it out and everything was fine. I did take it apart and retry it, but its dead.

Dead? How? It's a pretty simple device as the impeller just sits on a round rod.

ACFlowmeterAssembly1.jpg

Top Nurse said:
Dead? How? It's a pretty simple device as the impeller just sits on a round rod.

<snip>

See?! AC can even mess up simple things! :p
Ok, before I start a flame war, while I am a big bore guy, I happen to like AC stuff for what it is and what it does. If I had the money, I would use AC on my workstation, and DD or D-Tek on my gaming rig. But alas, my workstation has to settle for air.
I'm really liking the twin XTs on those CPUs, it looks sweet.

There are 4 parts in that flow meter... How could it possibly be broken :eek:.

I'd love to go AC too, if they stopped using aluminum... it just never fits my case theme! Although it' be sexy in a g5 case conversion! Oh, and had a retailer that ships to Canada for cheap! god...

I know its simple, I took it apart, but whatever reason it doesnt work in the system.
I made sure of the in out as well. I had been wanting to get a different sensor, so I may just do it. Then again, I may blow it off.

theseeker said:
I know its simple, I took it apart, but whatever reason it doesnt work in the system.
I made sure of the in out as well. I had been wanting to get a different sensor, so I may just do it. Then again, I may blow it off.

When it is assembled you can blow into one end and you should hear the thing spinning.

OK, just finished 45 minutes of COD2, Nvidia reports GPU core temp at 36C and the temp sensor reports 34C, I am happy with either one. The CPU temps are 36 and 35C, not bad for OPTY's. Another important note. The Innovatek RAD appears to work very well, it may be passive, but my office is roughly 20C and it is quite cool to the touch. I may order the external fan kit for it just to see what happens. Overall I am quite satisfied and glad to be back in the H2O world, that is until I get flamed for low flow, small tubing and passive a passive RAD.
It still needs work, but I couldnt wait.
6b37aec6.jpg

3fc10ce0.jpg

Oh yea, I got the aluminum face plates too, now I need to find one for the Sony.

that's really impressive. Might wanna clean up cables though :cool:

theseeker said:
That is the one I was looking at as well. Will it work with the Aquaero? It is also much less restrictive.

Works a whole lot better than the AC supplied unit. I think the Aquaero number of LPM figure is 212, but Shonuff has the right number as well. You will also need some of these fittings if you will be using 6mm P&C tubing.

Bbq said:
that's really impressive. Might wanna clean up cables though :cool:

No kidding! I was somewhat tired after two days of this. I wanted to se the results first.
I will tidy it up next weekend after I add the new flow sensor and make a couple of alterations. Thanks.

Top Nurse said:
Works a whole lot better than the AC supplied unit. I think the Aquaero number of LPM figure is 212, but Shonuff has the right number as well. You will also need some of these fittings if you will be using 6mm P&C tubing.

Thanks TN, but what about the cable? Do I use the AC or the Innovatek cable to the Aquaero?

thewhiteguy said:
Does it come in a 1/2" version?

The male threads on the outside of the flowmeter are G 1/4 so technically I think you would be good to go if you order the appropriate fitting from McMaster-Carr.

theseeker said:
Thanks TN, but what about the cable? Do I use the AC or the Innovatek cable to the Aquaero?

Use the cable it comes with. FrozenCPU only has 16 of them right now so I would get a couple of them if your interested. They seem to disappear out of stock fairly fast.

Top Nurse said:
Use the cable it comes with. FrozenCPU only has 16 of them right now so I would get a couple of them if your interested. They seem to disappear out of stock fairly fast.

Thanks, I already ordered it.

Any pics of how you have the rad connected? A nice shot of the whole system would be great :D

Looking good, just one thing, wouldn't it be better if you pointed out the GPU blocks foward not towards the side like you have them, it would be a lot easier wouldn't it?

Hexus0 said:
Any pics of how you have the rad connected? A nice shot of the whole system would be great :D

Looking good, just one thing, wouldn't it be better if you pointed out the GPU blocks foward not towards the side like you have them, it would be a lot easier wouldn't it?

I did it that way last time and the only problem is that you end up with more restriction form the elbows.
DFI-3.jpg

have you looked at swissflow meters, with no moving parts and the possibility of opperation with zero added flow restriction and no risk of jamming?

http://www.swissflow.com/

so far as the rad goes.......if you STILL need an active rad in the loop, i would tend to say that there's no point in running a passive rad. if, however you're not actually running the fans, or something similar, then more power to you and that innovatek monster.

Back