is this a sign of a onboard Video problem?

Fee

Weaksauce
I build my dad a system over the weekend using a AMD 3200 939 and Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS GeForce 6150 motherboard (it had good reviews on the web and at newegg) and windows XP SP2. All he needs something cheap to look up info on the internet, anyways it work fine the frist two days, but now whenever he plays a video the computer locks up hard and crashes with BSOD. I played around with it for awhile and noticed if i turn off video Hardware acceration. the video play fine. So i got my 6600GT PCI Express and in and tried the video and everything works fine with full video Hardware acceration on. So im thinking its the onboard GPU, I never hard problem like this out of the 5 computers i build so far over the years. so im looking for a second opinion, could it be something else? Or is it time to RMA it to zipzoomfly? Thanks for reading

BTW here all the steps i done so far with no fix
New Video drivers
Flash the Bios to newest version on the Foxconn website
Reinstalled Windows.

The hardware is a real mixed bag on that board.. wouldn't surprise me if it was the hardware screwing it up for you.

I'd RMA it, or if you'd rather, get a really cheap video card... it'll probably serve him better anyways. A low end 6xxx series card...

Thanks for the help guys, Im going to RMA it, and see how the next one is :rolleyes:

Back