Official oblivion picture thread (56k beware!)

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Please list what settings the screenshots where taken at....

all screenshots originally captured via FRAPS at 1280x1024 2xaa 8x af Bloom on, HDR off, everything maxed out all sliders to the right :) Pictures made smaller and turned into JPG's with Photoshop, then posted here for your viewing pleasure. Game runs practically 100% smooth on the hardware on my sig. Only time I saw it go below 30 is when I was on the horse cutting through a highly detailed forest.

Oblivion01.jpg

Oblivion4.jpg

Oblivion5.jpg

Oblivion6.jpg

Oblivion7.jpg

Oblivion8.jpg

Oblivion9.jpg

Oblivion10.jpg

Oblivion11.jpg

Oblivion12.jpg

Oblivion13.jpg

Oblivion14.jpg

Oblivion15.jpg

Can you post some pics of enemies/battles? The scenery looks incredible so far, but I'd really like to see some baddies :)

drdeutsch

Ill will see what I can come up with tonight :) I play as a mage so I usually stay far away from enemies LOL.

They spend ALL this time and money on making everything else look good, but hands havent changed since frick'n original Doom for christ sakes.

MrGuvernment said:
They spend ALL this time and money on making everything else look good, but hands havent changed since frick'n original Doom for christ sakes.

Huh ? Do us all a favor.. look down at your hand, make a fist and guess what ?!?!?! It's not this fantastic amazing thing that requires 1,000,000 hours sculpting. I have the game and I think the hand's look great ....

Do you even own this game ?

theNoid said:
Huh ? Do us all a favor.. look down at your hand, make a fist and guess what ?!?!?! It's not this fantastic amazing thing that requires 1,000,000 hours sculpting. I have the game and I think the hand's look great ....

Do you even own this game ?

I am, and my hand looks alot better then that screen shot compared to the surrounding - i dont need to own this game - the screen show is right there and i have played countless FPS based games and the hands almost always look so much worse compared to the rest of the game.

details, shadows in a clench fist, nail details, cuticules etc. - male hands - hair on the hands.....

I just think they could do a better job on the hand.

The game looks good...But I think the hand holding the sword looks kinda sketchy IMHO over all it's a good lookin game.

ScratchDrive said:
The game looks good...But I think the hand holding the sword looks kinda sketchy IMHO over all it's a good lookin game.

I thought that too at first, but before I had any weapon and my fists were in front of me.. I thought that for such a big budget game, they'd be able to model the hands to look better than that.. but what do I know, maybe it's really hard to model hands to look good lol

A freind of mine who also got a GTX posted this at our forum:

Max everything 1600x1200, bloom + 4AA. (uncompressed BMP's so be warned)

Great pics, some really beautiful scenery. I hope my copy gets delivered soon.

I can run everything set on high (no HDR, I have an X800XL) running @1280*1024 with no problems at all. It only stutters slightly when I first enter an area with a forest. After that first second or two it never stutters again.

I was really expecting the game to take more out of my system than what it does. But honestly, the game isn't leaps and bounds above FEAR or HL2 w/Bloom IMO.

The gameplay itself is great though. Except for the fact that even if you don't get caught stealing, a city guard automatically notices you have something stolen on your person and tries to arrest you. Radiant AI apparently still isn't any better than it was back in 1997 with Daggerfall in that aspect.

Luxor said:
16x12 uncompressed BMPs? Jesus... no thanks.

aka, no compression.. but yeah time to move off 56k, dont you think? ;) :p

I would've used at least low compression jpg, or png..

CAn you run it on:

"AMD 3500+ 232x11 2.50 ghz.
ASUS A8V Deluxe Mobo
512x2 Geil 3200 DDR.
BFG 6800 Ultra OC 450 core / 1.2 ghz memory."

And tell me how it performs/what settings?

I have pretty much a similar system and would love to note what I can expect.

Luxor said:
16x12 uncompressed BMPs? Jesus... no thanks.

Well if you want to see the game for what it is, not a compressed jpeg, that is the closest u can get to the game.

when did oblivion come out...? im still waiting for hl2 to be released (sarc)

MrGuvernment said:
Hands were great looking in Resurrection of Evil.

duuuuuumb said:
all in good fun... i assume by that "whoopz"... you got the joke "applause"

I did get the joke (though not at first, as I skipped over the still waiting for HL2 part when i first read it, hence my non-joking responce). However, the whoppz was not for that. The whoopz was becuase I double posted :p

andypnb said:
Got Skewered?

they lasted a long time like that. half hour or more. weird.

I did something similar to a horse. I found a crap bow and crap arrows, and filled his legs and forhead with arrows. He was my decorated war horse! I also put one in his bum for good measure :D

HotkeyCC said:
Free arrows;)

Speaking of free arrows: If you go to the castle near Pryory <forget the full name> there are archers practicing - you can pick up their arrows :)

A couple of bloom/16xAF/4xAA and 16xAF/HDR comparisons:

warning: all pictures are ~2MB-4MB each. Bloom + 16xAF + 4xAA feels smoother than HDR + 16xAF. I like how HDR looks more.

(edit) some outdoors pictures:

and one better lit indoor picture:

Back