Crysis != FarCry 2

DragonNOA1

Supreme [H]ardness
If I need Vista to enjoy this game then buddy, I tell you, I'm building a new computer.

Read the preview and watch the video.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6146560

Edit: New Hi-Res Video Found
http://www.gamershell.com/download_13070.shtml
Another link to above file (may contain more movies)
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2509

Edit2: Awesome Direct Feed Hi-Res Video
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8586

Edit3: New Screenies
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/41449

Wow, to me this is the most exciting thing to hit PC gamers this year. Oblivion? Fugget About it!

Dynamic Lighting, Volumetric Clouds, destructable environments? Bring it!

And real collision detection/physics on things like the plants and such! My guess is that all current PC systems will bow down in trembling and fear before this beast of a game.

Didn't anyone see the preview they did in Computer Gaming magazine like 2 months ago?

I can't wait to see the impressions at E3 when they are able to actually play it! w00t

I think I watched the video about 10 times now, I was never a huge fan of Far Cry, cause the game was at best, ok. But this is something I can be excited about, I mean NOTHING to date looks as good as that, Unreal 3 is close, but I think this edges that out buy a little.

I CANNOT wait.

KillRoy X said:
Wow, to me this is the most exciting thing to hit PC gamers this year. Oblivion? Fugget About it!

Was there a release date? It's not that exciting unless you can play it, and personally I doubt it will be out before '07 (even if the release says 06, when was the last time a game came out when it was supposed to.)

Wow, that is beautiful! It almost brings a tear to my eye. ;) I had no intentions of switching to Vista anytime soon, but games like this may help change my mind.

Menelmarar said:
Wonder if they are supporting Havok or Ageia?

Good question, I would like to know as well. If Ageia can convince them to hop on board, I would definately end up with a PPU...

Menelmarar said:
Wonder if they are supporting Havok or Ageia?

Honestly I'd rather have the PPU that won't be outdated after a few months like with a video card I would have to shell out even more money for it to handle both physics and graphics. I don't see Havok's plan working.

TekSomniaK said:
Honestly I'd rather have the PPU that won't be outdated after a few months like with a video card I would have to shell out even more money for it to handle both physics and graphics. I don't see Havok's plan working.
I would prefer the PPU, I think it's the much better option. I really hope it takes off really strong, they have really good developer support, they have a physical product already shipping. They are in a good place to take this PPU very far.

But I have a suspicion that the market will eventually lean toward not having an extra card, or ATI or nVidia will buy out Ageia like Creative did with Aureal and end the whole affair.

Wow....I guess I need to start stockpiling money for a new computer, because it will take a large pile of money to run it :eek:

DX10 hardware <3

i've been waiting to play this game for a while now, it looks so good, and Crytek is supposedly the only ones out right supporting the current spec for Aegia's PPU

is there a mirror anywhere for that video? Doesn't want to stream for me, and I don't have an account... and I can't be arsed to make one. >_>

I'll be suprised if top rigs can run that game with maxed settings when it comes out. That looks leaps and bounds better than what games are right now, but maybe this PPU thing will impact performace more than i'm even hoping for :D

look awsome. Probably late 2007 maybe early 2008 release though. This game cant be released untill Vista is released anyways.

And I dont want to be negative but the scene with the gun and the shooting seems very slow or something. Also the way the one guy died seemed very glitchy. The tree branch also fell very slowly and god I hope they can improve the AI befor this game released. Proabably pretty early in development still, so I may be a bit harsh right now. :p

I wonder how this new generation of graphics is goining to affect development time. From looking at the video, it looks like artists will be spending a lot more time on textures and models. Just my guess, but what do I know.

Michael.R said:
The tree branch also fell very slowly and god I hope they can improve the AI befor this game released. Proabably pretty early in development still, so I may be a bit harsh right now. :p

I used to cut\trim trees after the hurricanes here it was damn good business for the time. You would be surprised how long it takes for a tree to fall. I do think they actually did there homework on trying to get the gravity effect pretty damn close from that video.

Newton says: An object at rest tends to stay at rest until a force is exerted on it. Which is why the tree was sorta suspended in the air for a second.

Michael.R said:
And I dont want to be negative but the scene with the gun and the shooting seems very slow or something. Also the way the one guy died seemed very glitchy. The tree branch also fell very slowly and god I hope they can improve the AI befor this game released. Proabably pretty early in development still, so I may be a bit harsh right now. :p

I thought they slowed it down on purpose to show you the detail and to show exactly what was going on.

the gamer said:
Crysis isnt Farcry 2 I read it somewhere :confused: .

Um, thanks. Did you see the title of this thread?

S0m30n3 said:
At the beginning of the video it says cryengine2 nothing related to farcry2. But farcry2 is being made on cryengine2.

Are you sure? I thought Ubisoft now owned the rights to Far Cry and Cry Engine 1, hence the shitty Far Cry Instincts and Xbox and the rather low res-looking Far Cry Predator on Xbox 360.

Crysis isn't a direct sequel to Far Cry, but it will be a spiritual sequel since it's being made by the same team.

So Crysis isnt Farcry 2 but it runs off the same engine that Farcry 2 is going to use and the same team also.

Is that right? :confused:

meatfestival said:
Are you sure? I thought Ubisoft now owned the rights to Far Cry and Cry Engine 1, hence the shitty Far Cry Instincts and Xbox and the rather low res-looking Far Cry Predator on Xbox 360.

Crysis isn't a direct sequel to Far Cry, but it will be a spiritual sequel since it's being made by the same team.

Crap. No I am definately not sure and im gonna have to edit that but I sure would be pissed if its not on cryengine2. Now that my mind is awake and i've done some research im willing to bet its on an advanced crytek1 engine because ea wants them to get it out the door asap like everything else :p Good ol E F'N A :mad:

wow.. mother of god that looks badass :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank god i am going to build a dual-core AMD Crossfire machine soon :D

That looks incredible.

The lighting......ohhhh.....the lighting.......

Everything seems so much more tangible and less plasticy. Just think - that was a demo of a tropical island and sunny jungles......what could this engine do for a scary-as-hell-horror?

OMG, if they can bring that to market and have it run say, 40+ fps at 1280 and up res, I will wet myself.

I will build a new rig just for that game, I love Far Cry. And that game should be multithreaded to really take advantage....

*wets himself after watching video again*

Wow just wow. Looks really great and detailed to the max. I can just see what the requirements are though.

Posting without clicking (@ work on a Saturday FTW!) I still play the original FarCry and it kicks so much ass. I can't wait for this game. :cool:

I hope they rework the damage. I hate shooting guys in the chest 8 times and they killing you in 2 hits. You should be able to kill guys with other methdods that head shots.

I'm sure they could - they just have to remap (on the characters) where the hit zones are. Normally, it seems, the zones are purely the torso, head, arms, and legs. If they added more areas, such as the neck, forearms, joints, stomach, heart/lungs, ect.....then the game would be a bit more realistic. As environments are gradually becoming more breakable, so could the npc's. I think this would be a matter of physics (as with the environment).

This wouldnt have to be a "gore" factor, just a more detailed way in which the characters take damage. If they took things a step further and made the enemy react (with the same new level of detail) to wear they were shot, then gameplay - not just graphics - would take a whole new revolutionary step. Imagine: that mapping, plus the graphics seen here, plus an AI on par or better with FEAR.....ooh I'd buy it.

Back