Is your SeaSonic S12 Sleeved? Mine is...

blindbug

Weaksauce
A question for those SeaSonic S12 owners:
Did your SeaSonic S12 come sleeved, stock?

I just got in a SeaSonic S12-500W from ZIPZOOMFLY.com in the mail a little under an hour ago, and to my surprise, the cables were all sleeved in black with black heatshrink (looks like high-quality sleeving too). It was REALLY surprising as all the newegg reviews state that one of the downfalls of the drive is that they aren't sleeved... I want to see if SeaSonic took notice and started sleeving this line?

NOTE: I know this is a 'repost' from another post about sleeving, but really want to see if this is something new SeaSonic is doing, seeing as though this is one of the top complaints of the PSU.

I will have pics later tonight (ran home during lunch, im now back at work)...

Mine isn't sleeved but the wires are twisted around each other quite neatly. Its pretty new too about a week or two old from newegg.

Hrrm... now, when I go to the newegg site and check out pictures of the S12-500W there is an additional one with the cables sleeved. Go check it out...

Looks like this may be a new change for SeaSonic... woot!

Mine has only the ATX cable sleeved, the rest is just twisted :(

Bah, I don't look inside but it would be nice if it is sleeved to improve airflow. You got some pictures of the new PSU ?

Xilikon said:
Mine has only the ATX cable sleeved, the rest is just twisted :(

Bah, I don't look inside but it would be nice if it is sleeved to improve airflow. You got some pictures of the new PSU ?

Unfortunately my camera was on the fritz last night, but you can see the sleeving on the newegg site for the 500W:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817151024

This looks identical to what I got in the mail...

ritterbalck said:
mine wasnt sleeved, but i wonder if i could send it back to them for sleeves

Outside of the fact that you would have to pay shipping to them and if it is under 30 days that should work out. I like the twisted and sleeving is something you can do yourself so you can pick the color your want.

My new S12-330 came in the mail four days ago...with all cables sleeved. However, a FDD connector was not part of the wiring harness. Hmm.

I bought the 500w model from a local computer store about a week ago, but it didn't come sleeved. It was the twisted wire stuff that other people mentioned earlier. I have some loom to cover the wire so it doesn't matter anyway.

My S12-600 didn't come sleeved but it came with plastic cable wraps that you have to wrap yourself and a volt modder to make fans run at lower rpm. Bought it about two months ago.

Back