MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card - SB 0460

Server
AMD Opteron Dual-Core Processor, Model 165
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
TYAN MotherboardS2865G2NR

"Bundle Pricing and Registration will begin
next week."

I will update this post when pricing appears. I'm sure it will be a hot deal ;)

Robstar said:
Desktop
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor
Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS
MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card - SB 0460

Server
AMD Opteron Dual-Core Processor, Model 165
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
TYAN MotherboardS2865G2NR

"Bundle Pricing and Registration will begin
next week."

I will update this post when pricing appears. I'm sure it will be a hot deal ;)

Seems sweet. But last years deal for the server bundle seemed better to me. Dual core capable board, with two processors and Windows 2003 Server Enterprise x64 Edition.

Though there is no question that if the price is right the 4000+ bundle is a better deal this year than what we got last year.

i woulda thunk they would have put out a x2 3800 desktop dea, but owel. if the server bundle is around 350 ish i might buy that

Doesn't look too special. Server bundle not as good as last year. Only good if the price is low.

Guess it depends if you want to build an HTPC, or have some other reason for building an small foot print PC. I know that I wouldn't want one at this time. I was kinda hoping they'd offer one of the X2 processors for the desktop. I suspect that server package is more than I'd want to spend at this time.

Wonder if the Windows copies are 64-bit like last year? Too bad I no longer live on the East Coast. Maybe we can get a forum buddy system for those of us 800 miles away from the nearest Tech Tour. :p

If the price is right, sign me up for one of each for the [H]otlanta show.................

I didn't get to go last year, the wife got put in the hospital the morning of the show..........

Fish :cool:

I think the 1st desktop combo will go for 250$ like last year... Would be a steal!

VoBoy said:
I think the 1st desktop combo will go for 250$ like last year... Would be a steal!

Yes at that price it would be a steal but no way it will be at that price IMO..maybe 350-400

EDIT: after looking at retail prices on the 4000+ itself

danbanger said:
Yes at that price it would be a steal but no way it will be at that price IMO..maybe 300 or 350

Yeah, with that sound card it probably won't be that cheap. Would be nice though. Maybe the server bundle will be reasonable. I don't think it should be too pricey.

Isn't it a little early to be saying that the server package doesn't look like a good deal? That is.. unless you guys already know the prices... if so.. please share.

I'm hoping for $1 :-P that *might* make it a good deal right?

Are you guys sure we can get in this year? someone in the other thread said AMD will be checking for reseller / Tax Id before they will process your registration!

But the Desktop bundle looks good (drools at X-FI in the package)

amdfan25 said:
Are you guys sure we can get in this year? someone in the other thread said AMD will be checking for reseller / Tax Id before they will process your registration!

But the Desktop bundle looks good (drools at X-FI in the package)

Works for me. I got the reseller thing under control. Since [H]otlanta is one of the last stops, I might still have a chance to get one of the bundles before they are all gone........... :D

Fish :cool:

Mmmmmm....wow, no matter which bundle I go with it looks win-win. Assuming I'm coming from the setup in sig, what do you suggest? Would it even be worth it?

Also, the video will probably end up 7800GT (and I get to step up, YEESSS!)

At this point, I'm thinking MSI for a possible HTPC.

God damnit, how do I get one of this reseller/tax ID thing to buy the bundles?

u8myrice said:
God damnit, how do I get one of this reseller/tax ID thing to buy the bundles?

Get a job with a company that resells computers. :p

I think the bundles are decent enough, the server bundle was pretty much what I expected (a Tyan motherboard of some kind, Windows server, and a dual core Opteron), but the desktop bundle definitely was not. I was hoping for at least dual core 3800+ and an Asus motherboard.

Of course, since I don't work for a reseller (though I do work for another computer company) I don't think I'll go if they start checking this year. :(

These bundles thankfully don't interest me. I was hoping to get something to make a good HTPC, or that would allow me to streamline my tower (say...a rackmount-worthy 1U or 2U server w/ dual dual-cores).

While the server is rackmountable, and the desktop would make a good HTPC...neither bundles are what I'm looking for.

I'll still probably go...but I don't think that either of these are what I want to spend my money on. I guess I'll wait to see what prices are, and if there's any stipulations against the lone system builder. I build and service computers for almost a hundred people...but I don't have a tax ID for it. It's just a fun thing on the side.

BillLeeLee said:
Get a job with a company that resells computers. :p

I think the bundles are decent enough, the server bundle was pretty much what I expected (a Tyan motherboard of some kind, Windows server, and a dual core Opteron), but the desktop bundle definitely was not. I was hoping for at least dual core 3800+ and an Asus motherboard.

Of course, since I don't work for a reseller (though I do work for another computer company) I don't think I'll go if they start checking this year. :(
I'd be suprised if they did.

Yeah no doubt last years bundles were better. But if the price is right, this years will still be a good deal.

I posted this in the other thread, one of these should probably be closed; probably the other one.
---------------------------------------------

I got the email too, here it is: http://js.antinoc.net/amdtechtour_email2.html

Don't pass that link around outside this forum or I'll have to take it down, which I don't really want to.

To reiterate what has been said above, per the software. Last year, both Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 and Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 were marked as "Not For Resale", also the Small Business Server came with zero (0) client licences, which means it is really for system builders to test out system configurations, NOT to actually run it as a server; it probably violates the EULA of doom. If you try to sell this on eBay, they'll cancel the auction... I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to sell it in FS/T here, but read the rules to verify. I wound up giving my SBS copy to a SysAdmin friend of mine to run tests with.

Bundle 1 - $623*

Bundle 2 - $518*

*Prices from pricewatch.com (April 6) rounded up to the nearest dollar; Small Business Server is not listed, because you are probably not going to get a full version of it; ie you're not allowed to use the software to run your small business... it is for development only. If you really want the price it is $229.

InorganicMatter said:
Are those the actual prices, or the MSRP if bought separately?
I just pulled those prices off of pricewatch.com, as of yesterday... so, they are actually lowest market price + shipping.

InorganicMatter said:
Are those the actual prices, or the MSRP if bought separately?
You are kidding right? Read the bottom of that post above:
*Prices from pricewatch.com (April 6) rounded up to the nearest dollar;

I've never gotten one of these, how the hell does it work? Do I order one and pay for it when registration starts next week? Do I have to enter some sort of reseller ID? Do I pay for it at the door? HELP ME!! :eek:

I bought two server bundles last year and neither said anything about not being for resale. In fact I know someone who cleared aroud $300 per copy of the server software on e-bay...totally legit.

covertclocker said:
Anyone know when we can sign up for this?

Details on that should be out next week. As will the prices.

On a second note,... i keep getting these emails like 12 hours after everyone else, wtf! I wanna be in the know... *pouts* haha

u8myrice said:
Does Best Buy count? They sell Gateways and HPs. @__@

does htat mean i have to work some where? i cant be a regular person and come?

tvdang7 said:
does htat mean i have to work some where? i cant be a regular person and come?
this is just what people are guessing, since last year's there were a lot that were bought and then sold on ebay for profit. it has been in no way confirmed, so just wait and see with the rest of us :)

as far as i can tell, previous years it was register online, buy the packages online w/ a credit card, and pick it up at the show. no entry fee. (this is what i've been able to pull out of the other thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back