How to add custom resolution for ATI cards?

This is an interesting question, I will have to check into it, I'm running an X850xt @pe speeds myself so I am interested as well.

~Adam

I use powerstrip. So, yes it does. I got an FW900. Which is a 24" widescreen CRT. Being a jack of all res monitors, and also being a 16:10, I can't count how many times i've used it. I just added 1440*900 at a proper Hz with it yesterday (Sweet spot for me in Oblivion w/HDR and AA). I also added 1680*1050 @ 100Hz a long time ago. A res my x1900XT wasn't picking up on at all.

When I'm adding my custom res's, it adjusts the other parameters automatically. I change three 3 things. I go for the x and y lengths, like 1920*1200, and then I adjust the vertical sync. In some configs, you may have to run the program while gaming it seems.

I'm not an ATI guy but you should be able to add a custom size res in the Cat Control Center.

When I tried just the driver I just got annoyed. It seemed limited in functionality. If it can do it, it was too clunky for me to get whatever I fancy. Which is easy on Nvidia cards, a bit convoluted, but livable with powerstrip on my ATi. With my monitor, I do try to change more things than most. :)

I miss things like that about Nv. A little coolbits entry and I never really ran anything else. But I'm really starting to like my XT.

texuspete00 said:
When I tried just the driver I just got annoyed. It seemed limited in functionality. If it can do it, it was too clunky for me to get whatever I fancy. Which is easy on Nvidia cards, a bit convoluted, but livable with powerstrip on my ATi. With my monitor, I do try to change more things than most. :)

I miss things like that about Nv. A little coolbits entry and I never really ran anything else. But I'm really starting to like my XT.
Yeah, this is why I'm still using NV cards (that and linux support).

Wasn't there a program that came with all the omega driver called multi res or something like that? I remember using it back in my 9600 days.

texuspete00 said:
I use powerstrip. So, yes it does. I got an FW900. Which is a 24" widescreen CRT. Being a jack of all res monitors, and also being a 16:10, I can't count how many times i've used it. I just added 1440*900 at a proper Hz with it yesterday (Sweet spot for me in Oblivion w/HDR and AA). I also added 1680*1050 @ 100Hz a long time ago. A res my x1900XT wasn't picking up on at all.

When I'm adding my custom res's, it adjusts the other parameters automatically. I change three 3 things. I go for the x and y lengths, like 1920*1200, and then I adjust the vertical sync. In some configs, you may have to run the program while gaming it seems.

I can't click on the advanced timing button in display profiles, do I have to buy power strip or something...

texuspete00 said:

what drivers are you using? 6.2 or 6.3?

Back