New moola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like free addicting game/gambling thing. Just found out. Free and addicting.

anyone got any tips on winning on Gold Rush? so far all i can muster is keeping track of the opponents used nuggets, and making sure i have my high nuggests toward the end. though i might have to revise that strategy, cause it almost seems as if the nuggetrs from the mine follow a pattern. if this is the case, there's no reason to keep my 6 pound nugget for the last one, which seems to be 1 a lot.

Everfalling said:
anyone got any tips on winning on Gold Rush? so far all i can muster is keeping track of the opponents used nuggets, and making sure i have my high nuggests toward the end. though i might have to revise that strategy, cause it almost seems as if the nuggetrs from the mine follow a pattern. if this is the case, there's no reason to keep my 6 pound nugget for the last one, which seems to be 1 a lot.

You need to also keep track of which nuggets are coming out in addition to keeping track of your opponents.

It really all boils down to mostly luck. You just have to guess what the other guy is going to drop for a certain value, then do one more then that (thats what I do anyways). The only time this backfires is when you win the first "tilt" and both play the same value the next few times. Eventually your opponent will win because you played a nugget of higer value the first time.

I guess thats the beauty and uglyness of the game. It's all a guessing game.

Maybe we can get a Moola discussion thread going somewhere? :p

I think moola is a scam, I am always the first to throw in the nugget, always.

Dapperdan said:

LOL I was thinking the same thing.....Plus, I lost 5 games in a row...I got OWNED by gold rush :)

i've just now heard about Moola, not sure where I've been. but i was wondering if anyone still have any invites left? it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass one along my way.
[email protected], just incase anyone feels generous

Google "game of pure strategy" or GOPS for a variant of moola. Basically, it's unbeatable. You can nearly guarantee a tie all of the time, but you can't really win with any consistency, and certainly not enough consistency to make this worthwhile at all.

Go play poker, it's far far far more profitable than this.

Dapperdan said:

Everyone is. The server doesn't display your opponent playing their nugget until after you've played yours, even if they played their on the very first second.

I just played the most nerve racking games ever with a guy. After 2 losses, 1 tie, I won and got his pot. that was an awesome game of gold rush

ps. I got one invite left, pm me with ur email.

The game is way too addictive. Eh, even if they took they money factor out, and the annoying ads, I'd probably still play it a little bit. It's interesting/fun to try to outwit/outguess an opponent in an almost chess-like way.

i won 10 bucks from this when it first came out. i got the check and everythign.

now i suck though and lose all the time ahh

Dapperdan said:

This is incorrect. What you are doing is putting your piece up, and then the server is holding it until both players put theirs up for a small amount of time. The reason this happens is so you can never be sure whos nugget was bid first, therefore noone can read too much into it. If you watch, what you will notice is if you put your nugget in very fast every time, many times it will say "Server is waiting for other player", but then the message will go away, then it will sit for one second before their piece comes up. Thats the only time you can really guess that they are really thinking it out

*Edit - and it cannot be a scam, as they ask for no money. Scams always require money from you, somewhere.

Fryguy8 said:
Google "game of pure strategy" or GOPS for a variant of moola. Basically, it's unbeatable. You can nearly guarantee a tie all of the time, but you can't really win with any consistency, and certainly not enough consistency to make this worthwhile at all.

Go play poker, it's far far far more profitable than this.

I disagree, theres too many variable in Poker to make it profitable for anyone but the extremely lucky or extremely involved (40+ hours a week.)

Gold rush allows you to apply basic strategy techniques to the game which improve your chances of winning. When I first started playing, my win percent was less than 50%, after two days my win percent has increased over 50%, and today my win percent so far is up to 90% (not that I expect that trend to continue forever.) There is a level of chance involved, but there is much you can do to improve it.

One of the biggest things you can do to improve your chances is to watch for patterns in the way your opponent plays. For example, two common patterns that I have seen people use are 1-2-3-4-5-6 and 2-1-3-4-5-6. I can understand why people would think these patterns would increase their chances of winning but if you see the pattern coming out its easy to test for and then if it proves true you are guaranteed a win.

Davan said:
and it cannot be a scam, as they ask for no money. Scams always require money from you, somewhere.

They're making LOADS off of the ads. I'm waiting for my $30 check. Once they issue a check, then and only then will I truly be 100% convinced that this is not a scam. And once I get that first check, or notice that a check has been issued, I'll be ready to cash out again :D

While I'm not at the $100 range (YET!) I've been doing pretty darn well.The trick is to not bet too high. I've lose on level 11 like 3 times now, and I lose a few times on level 10. But on levels 7-9, my wins>losses.

If there were no ads and no money, I'd probably still play this for fun sometimes.

Edit: I've also noticed the trend that Davan points out. Sometimes I get beat by th 213456, but not usually anymore since I've adjusted my strategy.

Hey, I'd love to try this out.

Send me an invite at argher[at]gmail[dot]com or shoot me a PM or somethin' if you have an invite to spare.

Stuey83 said:
They're making LOADS off of the ads. I'm waiting for my $30 check. Once they issue a check, then and only then will I truly be 100% convinced that this is not a scam. And once I get that first check, or notice that a check has been issued, I'll be ready to cash out again :D

While I'm not at the $100 range (YET!) I've been doing pretty darn well.The trick is to not bet too high. I've lose on level 11 like 3 times now, and I lose a few times on level 10. But on levels 7-9, my wins>losses.

If there were no ads and no money, I'd probably still play this for fun sometimes.

Edit: I've also noticed the trend that Davan points out. Sometimes I get beat by th 213456, but not usually anymore since I've adjusted my strategy.

Ive gotten a check from them before, its not fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back