Ubisoft Seems To Drop Starforce Support

hopefully

I'm not a fan of starforce, but actually don't let it stop me from buying a game I ABSOLUTELY must have, but I am really glad it's going away for something else.

Hopefully the new one can stop cd drives all together :D
Kidding

They released a trilogy DVD i think of Splinter Cell, I hope this includes that, because I never really got into that game and would like to.

I'm happy they did this.

IMO Ubisoft is a fairly good publisher, one of the few big ones I like, however starforce was being a pita for many people.

Now I can enjoy games like HOMM, Call of juarez, and Silent hunter 4 without having to get starforce.

sweet deal, hey the HOMM 5 demo just came out, any guinnie pigs to test it for starforce?

Right on, I'll bet Ubi was one of, if not the largest source of revenue for StarFarce. This should put a bit of hurt on 'em :D

Although there is the possibility that Ubi could be going with an unknown protection method that could be as bad or worse than StarFuck.

PliotronX said:
Right on, I'll bet Ubi was one of, if not the largest source of revenue for StarFarce. This should put a bit of hurt on 'em :D

Although there is the possibility that Ubi could be going with an unknown protection method that could be as bad or worse than StarFuck.
lol, starfuck, ha ha ha. Come on, you just had to ruin the harrah, didn't you? :p Let's hope they don't have their own shitty protection.

I wonder if they wil replace my legaly purchased Splinter Cell CT DVD Coll. Ed with a non Ratsforce protected one..Been dying to play but havent installed it on my new rig...Good move UBI!!!!

How can they run a business like that anyway? From the crap I've read coming from StarForce employees in their forums their all a bunch of lying sacks of shit. This will be a giant blow to their sales and hopefully something will finally plow them into the ground.

I never got chaos theory to run, it always refused to key for it, saying it was invalid, that got futureshop swapped it for bf2.

i wonder what the radio of sales lost DUE TO STARFORCE vs that of the games being warezed was/is

Combined with the news that the French are forcing music retailers to change their DRM policies, I'd say get them some butter because France is on a roll! *zing!!*

Cool, now I will be able to buy ubisoft games again.. I don't buy games with starforce malware included.... In fact, in my opinion, any game that makes me reboot after install is immediately suspect of something fishy..

After some searching, I've seen many times that Ubisoft will DEFINITELY be dropping Starforce, but they will also be usiing some sort of other protection scheme. I doubt it'll be as bad though.

Even better news is I read the preview for GR: Advanced Warfighter linked on the front page and they said it doesn't follow the console as a port. Graphics are the same or better then the 360. Bigger areas, etc...very good news! Combined without Starforce and they won back a customer...

Back