Brand New Opty 165 Stepping CCBBE 0610DPMW New "BB" Memory Controller

Spazilton

2[H]4U
Well seems there is a new memory controller/stepping revision out. Also I haven't seen ANY 0610 chips anywhere or any "BB" revision stepping so here goes a new thread on this new development..

new165.jpg

Thoughts?

Testing to follow very soon...

let us know how it goes, I ordered 2 165's from monarch one will be here today and the other on monday, I'll let you know how the first goes tonight

Well, so far so good.

Pics to follow soon, Dual Priming at 2700Mhz (9x300) 3xHT Stock Volts, and its been going for 15 minutes now.

Its actually 2.7 on Stock volts. Dual Primed for 30+ minutes before I decided to push it some more.

In order to get this K8N-SLI to even post at 311 HTT, I had to raise the Chipset to 1.55. I also raised the LDT to +2%.

2800 @ Stock failed in 15 seconds on core 0.

2750 @ Stock seems to be going so far.

just got this chip too and TCaseMax reads 57C and TDP is 75 Watts.

Strangely though, it won't boot with Async of 7ns, never had this problem with my previous 165 or 3800.

Spazilton said:
Its actually 2.7 on Stock volts. Dual Primed for 30+ minutes before I decided to push it some more.

In order to get this K8N-SLI to even post at 311 HTT, I had to raise the Chipset to 1.55. I also raised the LDT to +2%.

2800 @ Stock failed in 15 seconds on core 0.

2750 @ Stock seems to be going so far.
what cooling? UP THAT VOLTAGE BABY!

jcll2002 said:
what cooling? UP THAT VOLTAGE BABY!

XP90 atm for testing. I have better air cooling to try.

Just bumped it to 1.41 (the abit doesnt have 1.4)

trying again. Im very close to this boards max HTT limit.

Spazilton said:
XP90 atm for testing. I have better air cooling to try.

Just bumped it to 1.41 (the abit doesnt have 1.4)

trying again. Im very close to this boards max HTT limit.

slap it on a dfi with some phase and then see where it goes :p

or just get really good air/water and put it on a dfi it should hit 3ghz+ if it scales well :D

*crosses fingers*

Mayhs said:
slap it on a dfi with some phase and then see where it goes :p

or just get really good air/water and put it on a dfi it should hit 3ghz+ if it scales well :D

*crosses fingers*

Its going into my SLI-DR Expert this afternoon. Since the 170 in my sig is going bye-bye.

Only crappy part is that I'm out of AS5, and only have Cermauique left. I don't think there is anywhere local I can pick up AS5.

Mayhs said:
u sold it?

I will be soon. I have a far stronger chip with this new one now. Should be able to pull 300+ on ebay for it since it is a retail chip.

use the ceramique you won't see much of a difference, temp anyway, mine just showed up btw and it also is a ccbbe 0610dpmw, I'll have some info tonight on an ultra d, can't wait to see what yours does on the expert, good luck :D

Spazilton said:
I will be soon. I have a far stronger chip with this new one now. Should be able to pull 300+ on ebay for it since it is a retail chip.

what volts for 2.7ghz...thats basically the deciding factor for price nowadays...voltage

Thanks, Just hit a brick wall on the KN8-SLI. 316HTT was an instant reboot. Ill probally restart with seeing if I can get 2800 stable on stock volts on the Expert.

Mayhs said:
what volts for 2.7ghz...thats basically the deciding factor for price nowadays...voltage

Needs around 1.525 to do that. Does 2.6 all day at 1.45-1.475. Its still a FX-60 for ~ $300.

Hey guys, received my CCBBE 0610DPMW today. Went straight to 312x9 stock volts, but BSOD at the desktop, so 307x9 is priming away right now! w00t

Spazilton said:
Well seems there is a new memory controller revision out. Also I haven't seen ANY 0610 chips anywhere or any "BB" revision memory controllers
just a heads up.. while it is popular belief that those two letters are the memory controller revision, it's more than that.. just changing the memory controller a touch isn't gonna effect how the cpu clocks that much, i promise. those two letters pertain to the entire die. if i were you, i'd say there's a new stepping. not new memory controller ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
just a heads up.. while it is popular belief that those two letters are the memory controller revision, it's more than that.. just changing the memory controller a touch isn't gonna effect how the cpu clocks that much, i promise. those two letters pertain to the entire die. if i were you, i'd say there's a new stepping. not new memory controller ;)

You are probally right. I was going off the fact that everyone seemed to believe the CC1BEs were a new memory controller revision.

These chips do seem to be on par with the CC1BE 0550s a couple of people that have them now seem to be getting very similar results of around 2730-2760 @ stock volts.

I wish you luck on breaking that 3.0, but will reserve some for myself as my chip should be comming any minute now! ;) Hopefully, it will be the same stepping! *fingers crossed* :D

Spazilton said:
Repoman is up to 2780 @ stock on water with his.
thats awesome news, are you running air or water on yours? I'm itching to leave work and pop it in, its gonna kill me :( , but I guess i can wait :D

toddm27 said:
thats awesome news, are you running air or water on yours? I'm itching to leave work and pop it in, its gonna kill me :( , but I guess i can wait :D

Well my initial testing was XP-90 air. It going to go into my SLI-DR Expert once I finish my college work today. Repo is getting slightly better results @ stock probally due to the better testing board, Ultra D vice my K8N-SLI and he's on water.

We will see once its up and running in the expert.

this probably isn't anything groundbreaking, but this is how far I've gotten with my 0610DPMW.

Just over at XS, Repo is doing 2800 @ Stock

Correction He is blowing mine away..... 2862 @ Stock.

Spazilton said:
Just over at XS, Repo is doing 2800 @ Stock

Correction He is blowing mine away..... 2862 @ Stock.
no offense but I hope to be too :p , hehehehehe, I want this one to do like my ccb1e 0606vpmw did and when I pop the top add 200 mhz on stock volts, went from 2.6 to 2.8. :D I've got the gotta have 3gig fever

ok, looks like mine topped out at 2.8 at stock volts, or 312x9, air cooling with the opteron 4 heatpipe cooler. Best chip I've ever owned for sure.

toddm27 said:
no offense but I hope to be too :p , hehehehehe, I want this one to do like my ccb1e 0606vpmw did and when I pop the top add 200 mhz on stock volts, went from 2.6 to 2.8. :D I've got the gotta have 3gig fever

Well give me some credit, I did get 2730 @ Stock on a crappy Abit K8N-SLI and a XP-90 :)

Spazilton said:
Well give me some credit, I did get 2730 @ Stock on a crappy Abit K8N-SLI and a XP-90 :)
and once you put it into your expert it probably will hit 2.8+ easy, I'm not taking anything from you as overclocking on a abit sucks latly, I pulled a 3+ gig 146 out of my old expert and put it into an abit ax-8 that a buddy is working with and it wouldn't even do 2.7 on stock voltage, where it did 2.86 on stock with the expert. Good luck ;)

toddm27 said:
and once you put it into your expert it probably will hit 2.8+ easy, I'm not taking anything from you as overclocking on a abit sucks latly, I pulled a 3+ gig 146 out of my old expert and put it into an abit ax-8 that a buddy is working with and it wouldn't even do 2.7 on stock voltage, where it did 2.86 on stock with the expert. Good luck ;)

Only reason I got the K8N-SLI for my wife is that it worked out to right at $90 with the rebates. She is going to have a single 7800GT for now, maybe upgrade to SLI one of these days. I already owned the Memory(Mushkin PC4400 TCCD), and the 7800GT. So for around $350 I upgraded her from a P4 3.0 1GB 9800 Pro to an Opty 146 @2.8 7800GT,($90 for the Mobo, $143 for the Processor and $99 for the Antec Neo HE 550. and other odds and ends) and the best part is her 8300 still has some fairly decent resale value on ebay, so I should probally come very close to breaking even.

Yea the board seems to suck for overclocking, I have to give her 146 almost 1.5 to get stable at 2.8 and its a CACJE 0607 which should do much better. Think I should have sprang the little extra cash for an Ultra D

Back