Logitech G15 Keyboard Setup Tutorial -- LCD Studio

Avengeance

Gawd
There are many things you can do with the logitech G15 keyboard. I have been playing around with the LCD so it will display system information for me, or show me the songs that are currently playing in winamp. here is one I made: HERE

I will add to this post some more and if you have any problems/questions feel free to email me or message me on aim.

SETTING UP LCD STUDIO AND LAYOUTS

1. Download Microsoft 1.1 Framework HERE

2. After that is installed, you can then download and install LCD studio HERE

**LCD STUDIO IS FREE**
3. When you first open LCD studio it will ask you for a FREE liscence key. Tell it to request a FREE liscence key and it will load into your web browser, put in your name and email address. It will then email you a FREE liscence key. Download that key and click browse, select the key. It will then boot into LCD studio.

4. When booting up LCD studio the first time, the wizard will pop up. Select "Logitech G15 160x43 Usb Keyboard"

5. After you select that click next again and then it will ask you if it displayed a welcome message. If you dont see it right away press the little circle button to the left, under the LCD. Press it till you see LCDStudio, when you see that press the seccond to right oval button twice. If you see the welcome message then select the "Yes I can read the welcome message" radio button and click next.

6. Choose a LCD studio layout, or make your own. The best way to start out is download some LCD studio layouts the people have already made. If you want to make you own, try downloading one that someone made and look at what they did, that is the easiest way to learn. To download layouts, go HERE and look through the posts till you see on you like. If you dont want to search then you can use this LINK to download one I already chose.

7. To open a layout, put the .xds file that you downloaded in a folder somewhere, like in your LCD studio folder. Then go into LCD studio and click the open button. Select the layout and it will load up. At this point, if you have LCD studio selected on your LCD then it will start to display the layout. That is all there is to using the LCD studio layouts.

MAKING LCD STUDIO LAYOUTS OPEN ON SYSTEM STARTUP
This will show you how to make LCD studio boot when you system starts up and open up an LCD studio layout.

1. First open up LCD studio and click file, new, playlist. After that opens up click add at the bottom and select your LCD studio layout file (wherever you saved it to.) Save the playlist to a safe place.

2. Now go to tools and then options at the top of the screen. Click on the general button. Select load on startup and startup mode: traybar. For the start playlist, click the three dots next to it and select your playlist. This will now make it so when you turn on your computer, LCD studio will load and load up the playlist you created. You can add more than on layout to the playlist if you want, and set the cycle time.

CHANGING THE LCD DRIVE CYCLE
Changing the cycle on your LCD drivers is probably the best thing to do, so you choose when you want to cycle between LCD programs.

1. To do this, go to your system tray and double click on the G15 driver button. Go into the settings and select settings and select the LCD settings. Make it so it is set so you manually cycle between programs, you can also de-select all the different layouts in that screens so just LCD studio and the teamspeak program display. You can also set it to display critical information when something changes on another LCD program (like someone signgs onto teamspeak for instance)

ESSENTIAL PROGRAMS
Progams to use for the LCD and for LCD studio

Display who is talking in teamspeak: G15 Teamspeak by Schmads

To display system temperature in LCD studio: Speedfan

To display FPS in LCD studio: Fraps

I have been down the LCD Studio road before. The thing is a pig. Good job on the instructions on how to set it up, as it can be a pain in the arse to do so.

I use Schmad's TS2 Appelt, Fraps (it has native G-15 support), and G15 Netspeed.

Back