HOT? ViewSonic VX2025WM 20.1" Widescreen $355

how does it compare to the dell 2005 and 2007 models?

i wish i needed a smaller monitor cause I would definately pick it up.....I'm currently waiting for the 2407 ;)

Doe! I just ordered this monitor last night from Buy.com for $389. WHY OH WHY? :rolleyes:
Great deal by the way.

cant combine the two coupons and the 10% is only good for upto $15 off the price

so the total comes out to

$339.95 shipped no rebates, no tax not bad

Yikes, this or BenQ? Contrast looks better on the viewsonic. Any words from the wise?

What is the dot pitch for this Viewsonic!? Which is the better Monitor? If there is a banding problem when I get my 2007... I am ditching it.

There is a HUGE thread for this monitor in the display forum, 25 pages. I own one and it OWNS, it kicks the 2007/NEC/BENQ's ass. this is the best 20" WS on the market.

no HDCP tho. i payed 415$ shipped 5 weeks ago...

u8myrice said:
Is this monitor better than the BenQ?

MUCH better than the Benq.

IIRC the Benq uses a TN panel which has poorer viewing angles and worse color reproduction. This one is PVA or MPVA and is quite simply awesome for the price.

How is Buy.com's return policy on dead pixels? Is it as stringent as Newegg's?

Dillusion said:
There is a HUGE thread for this monitor in the display forum, 25 pages. I own one and it OWNS, it kicks the 2007/NEC/BENQ's ass. this is the best 20" WS on the market.

Does the 2007 have HDCP?

You can get this for $309 shipped if you open up a Buy.com card.

Nevermind... even though it shows it's down to 309... when you check out you can only use one :(

I just bought 2 of them... one for 339 shipped and another for 324... I can't wait to go back to Dualie Screens. I think I am going to turn around and get rid of my 2007 when I recieve it...

So yeah, it's like I got them both for $331.50 each shipped. Is that a good deal?

damnit! i just received my vx2025wm today that i ordered two days ago for $402.13! (damn CA tax) :( what can i do? what's buy.com's policy on price adjustment??

quietRiot said:
not 2 days after you pay for it. cmon... :p

lol.. i know, was just bitching. if only i had waited 2 days couldve save 40 bucks....:D

kinda glad i only got 1 instead of 2 though. so now just wait another week and watch the price drops below $300 to get my 2nd one. hehe.

btw, this LCD is very nice. only had 1 dead pixel, but it's on the lower left and not noticeable. also the brightness on this thing is insane. factory default had brightness at 100%. i lowered it to 25% and it's still very bright. and this is with default forceware settings..

If I were you I'd make the phone call/send the email. I ordered a Creative Zen Vision:M from Amazon and the price dropped like a week later. I sent their customer service an email and they refunded my credit card $40! You probably won't be able to use the rebate, but if the actual price dropped they might give it to you. I would think they would have to have a price guarantee to compete with the ones you get from B&M stores.

Dillusion said:

I read quite a few posts in that thread, and didn't get the impression it kicks the NEC's ass.

But hell, it's half the price. But I kind of want a glossy screen

Btw guys the LCD is more like 16ms instead of the advertised 8ms response time.

8ms is for the gray-to-gray, and 16ms for white-to-black.

In games, the white-to-black is used.

Just thought you should know. A lot of companies are sorta "bsing" their response times.

Mugen7 said:
8ms is for the gray-to-gray, and 16ms for white-to-black.

actually the specs state 16ms white-black-white (typ).. thats 16ms for a full cycle. not just one way..

So is that bad and am I going to see major ghosting? The Dell 2007 also has 16ms...

Good deal. Paid $445 a couple of months ago. Must...resist...dont...need...two...screens...

FYI, I'm in California and they did charged me sales tax. It came out to about $360 shipped for me.

though i know no one here (including me) likes compussr they had an ad today witht his monitor for $350 (after $50 mir so i think u should expect to pay $400) Only reasn you would get it there is that you wouldnt have to wait for it to ship or pay shipping.

Dan3290 said:
though i know no one here (including me) likes compussr they had an ad today witht his monitor for $350 (after $50 mir so i think u should expect to pay $400) Only reasn you would get it there is that you wouldnt have to wait for it to ship or pay shipping.

It's online only though, so there's no point.

In my area this week, OfficeMax currently has this same LCD for $399 after $50 rebate, and OfficeDepot has it for $349 after $50 rebate. Check your sunday paper or their websites. Great opportunity for a price match (especially for me, since the two stores about half a mile from each other...).

Back