sapphire x850xt refurb $138.99

Refurbs to me just means someone else has already worked out the bugs :D

Fish :cool:

P.S. I'm considering one, but I cannot find anything about warranty on it. If I am blind, someone help me open my eyes.............Nevermind, I bit. after adding it to the cart it tells you that it carries a 15 day non-DOA warranty.

Very nice deal, considering how powerful the X850XT is.

catfish, is that motherboard (the K8N Neo2) the one with the AGR and PCI-express slot? I think my sister has that -- the AGR slot somehow works with almost all older AGP cards! It held her over until she went for a 6600 PCI-express.

[edit] Hmm I guess it isn't. Looks like you'll be needing a PCI-express motherboard to utilize that X850XT. Oh well, you'll have one rockin-fast system after you finish!

I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe waiting. This card will be something to get me by until such time that I can afford a couple of 7900 GT(X)'s ( :D If I hit the lottery :D)

This should be a far cry from my 128MB 9600XT that has served me well.........

I bought this card 2 weeks ago from egg.
I must have got lucky, because I got mine in a retail box with all accessories. Slapped on the silencer 5 from SVC for 25. Got a pretty killer, quiet card for 145+25=170$

Atitool resets when my clock speeds go above 560, which sucks. I know people clock much higher than that. Oh well, at least i got a good stepping for my otpy144 :D

annaconda said:
Refurbished means definately something wrong with the card.
Refurbished means the card was either fixed or repackaged if nothing was wrong with it. You will probably have less issues with a refurbished product than retail, as it would have gone through the tech guys.

S_G said:
Refurbished means the card was either fixed or repackaged if nothing was wrong with it. You will probably have less issues with a refurbished product than retail, as it would have gone through the tech guys.

hahaha are you serious. At newegg refurbished means just the returned items, they don;t fix it they just sell it as is. I never got the refurbished card from Newegg which does not have any problem.

i bought a refurb x800xl video card from new egg once.....

IT WAS MISSING A CAPACITOR THAT WAS TAPPED ONTO THE BOX

Buyer beware. Ive had good luck with newegg refurbs in the past, but most recently all the refurbs I have bought have arrived DOA.

Gosh darn it! If only this was the AGP version, it would be just what I was looking for to replace my 9800pro and hold me over till I can build a new system.

Its okay though because I don't really have the money, man I wish I was paid more than Crap and a half.

S_G said:

Not online! It means it was a customer return that is just resold as-is, likely because it didn't overclock well, was defective, or had something wrong with it in some fashion that they didn't like. I've never gotten a refurb part from newegg etc. that isn't defective that I remember :). Be ready to RMA to manufacturer if you get one, and in this case, the manufacturer is Sapphire, which has an ATROCIOUS RMA policy.

Link doesn't go to the refurb. Gives me the $174 retail version.

**edit**

The refurb shows up again. I'm gonna bite on this one.

nice!! i think i paid $125 for my x800 earlier this year. it's a great overclocker, but i can't unlock the extra pipes :(

I have bought a lot of refurb stuff from New Egg and have never had any problem. Infact everything has had all of the parts and accessories that came in the new box. That is always a nice touch when ordering refurb motherboards.

a refurb is a card that has been returned for one reason or the other. In this case, people probably realized that if you are going PCI-E then just spend 50 more bucks and get a 7800

Well, mine shipped last night........... I guess I will find out Friday..... If I can find the time to put the system together this weekend.

ToyYoda03 said:

IT WAS MISSING A CAPACITOR THAT WAS TAPED ONTO THE BOX

Buyer beware. Ive had good luck with newegg refurbs in the past, but most recently all the refurbs I have bought have arrived DOA.
If your gonna yell, atleast spell it right. Maybe the anger clouded your thought. :)

ToyYoda03 said:

IT WAS MISSING A CAPACITOR THAT WAS TAPPED ONTO THE BOX

Ouch. Refurbs are expeced to be in working condition. I would have demanded a replacement or refund.

I do have to say... my card does NOT overclock well at all. I can't bump it past 560/575 or it freezes and resets the clock speed. I have the ATI Silencer 5 to boot, and my temps are fine!
However, for the $, you really can't complain.

I originally ordered an asus a8n5x from newegg (refurbed) which worked fine, as well as a freezer 64 pro which works excellent. I ended up rmaing the a8n5x because the OCing on that board is annoying - plus it was missing the backing plate. :)

Mine came yesterday. Full retail box, cables and all. The only thing missing was the CD containing the overclocking utility. The card appears to have never been installed. No marks on the retainer and not so much as a scratch on the slot contacts.

Catfish449 said:
Mine came yesterday. Full retail box, cables and all. The only thing missing was the CD containing the overclocking utility. The card appears to have never been installed. No marks on the retainer and not so much as a scratch on the slot contacts.

excellent. i found more links to this deal i posted it here. 74 views and no replies. lol.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1054920

Back