Since the 2407 is crap, which 23,24" for gaming?

Bobby Peru

n00b
Since the Dell 2407 turned out to be worthless for gaming, what are the other 23 to 24 inch widescreen panels on (or soon to be on) the market that should have appropriate response time and low enough input lag for proper gaming?

2405fpw is good.... there is input lag but its almost unoticeable in games... mines a revision a05

Bobby Peru said:
Since the Dell 2407 turned out to be worthless for gaming, what are the other 23 to 24 inch widescreen panels on (or soon to be on) the market that should have appropriate response time and low enough input lag for proper gaming?
Try to get a 2405 on sale or wait for a new S-IPS panel.

nec has some 23 i think, i saw one 17in here, and it has the most beautiful colors i have ever seen in a lcd. nec makes good lcds but they also expensive.

23" Apple Cinema Display. Same panel as the 2405FPW (and better backlighting - sealed enclosure, quality construction in a non-Mexico country).

i have an A02 2005fpw.....i'd recommend getting one of these 2nd hand....some people still have them new for sale too i'm sure.....

20" is PLENTY of screen...plus the bigger 24" screens...when you start running them in games at teh native resolution...it can be hard on even the best of systems....the 20"s all run at *basically 1600 x 1200 ( 1680 x 1050) and i've had no problems with most game on my "higher end" PC....now you can turn the res down of course, but everythign i run looks real sharp on my 2005fpw.

gclg2000 said:
i have an A02 2005fpw.....i'd recommend getting one of these 2nd hand....some people still have them new for sale too i'm sure.....

20" is PLENTY of screen...plus the bigger 24" screens...when you start running them in games at teh native resolution...it can be hard on even the best of systems....the 20"s all run at *basically 1600 x 1200 ( 1680 x 1050) and i've had no problems with most game on my "higher end" PC....now you can turn the res down of course, but everythign i run looks real sharp on my 2005fpw.
I would agree with this although I wouldn't mind having 24 inches.

I have a 6800GT AGP and games run great on my 2005FPW. I've had it since the end of 2004 and sometimes I still sit back and am impressed at the size.

Since you're looking to game rather than have documents and spreadsheets side by side, go for a used 2005FPW as mentioned, you'll be happy.

larken said:
I'd check out the HP L2335 as well, it's cheaper than the Apple. On Amazon it's around $900. Has a lot of adjustability, nice design, component inputs and the same panel as the ACD.
Review: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review_hp_l2335.html

I feel the same way(I have an L2335). I use the extra features it has, and I use them daily so it was definitely the better panel for me (vs. the apple).

For the price of a 23" ACD (at least from Apple, new) you may as well wait for the 3007FPW to go on sale again, haha. They've been down as low as $1500...

Back