Comcast users notice a speed increase lately?

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
At least in New England...I'm not sure on the exact details..but it appears they've added a "bursting" ability to their users. I benchmarked last night a bunch of times, I pegged 26 megs once....kept averaging above 20 megs numerous times. A buddy of mine who uses them and lives an hour away ran some tests....was above 20 also.

DSL reports forums are naturally filled with a bunch of arguements over who insists they are correct..but there were a few mentions of Comcast quietly upgrading to 10 megs to "keep up with the competition from fiber roll outs"...and another was in performing upgrades to Docsis 3..they're allowing "bursting".

:eek:
I have comcast.. and besides the speed upgrade about 4-5ish months ago, havn't noticed another increase.. I hope it's coming to Minnesota soon.. did your upload change at all? Wouldn't mind better upload either...

Comcast has always been snappy for me....then they started throttling bit torrents in my area :rolleyes:

Danith said:
:e did your upload change at all? Wouldn't mind better upload either...

No....still hovering right at 340 - 350.

Here I am, day 2....just did another online test...24402 kbps down. :D

Better upload would be great, but the last upgrade they did was the quiet increase of the standard plan to 6/384 from 4/256, iirc. That was for free and rolled out over the country over a few months. If they want to stay competitive, they can decrease the prices and asynchronity between download and upload speeds.

I've seen some increase lately. But not what you are seeing. I did just pull Vista Beta 2 at over 800 KB/s from MSDN downloads.

My service is supposed to be 6/384, but I have been testing regularly at 7.5 to 10 down, 384 up.

Sounds like they went DOCIS 2.0 in your area YeOldeStonecat...

Or someone has really messed up the TFTP configuration file for the clients on your local node...

Back