DarthBeavis upgrades Alienware ALX H20 system

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
I replaced the piece of crap Koolance system (well, I had already replaced the blocks before and put the videocards on a separate look but I still had the Koolance pump/resevoir/radiator attached to a Thermaltake CPU block via 1/4" tubing). The Thermaltake CPU block cracked so I decided to pull it all out and replace with all DangerDen stuff (3/8").

First, here is the leaky rig:
Me working on it:
Pulling out the Koolance stuff:

The cracked waterblock:

New DD parts:
Installing new CPU block:
New stuff in place (not cleaned up yet tho):

lozaning said:
i happen to love my exos 2

If you like it then I am glad for you. It is ok for beginning but DD and Swiftech are really a step up. I put all Thermaltake (except for DD GPU block) when I built my wife's rig. Now I would not use Thermaltake again either. 1/4" is just no enough for serious cooling. As women say 'size does matter'.

DarthBeavis said:
If you like it then I am glad for you. It is ok for beginning but DD and Swiftech are really a step up. I put all Thermaltake (except for DD GPU block) when I built my wife's rig. Now I would not use Thermaltake again either. 1/4" is just no enough for serious cooling. As women say 'size does matter'.

you're implying that all thermaltake stuff is 1/4"

but they have 3/8" stuff...

havent read it yet. but:

AWESOME. haha i love how everyone knows who and what your case is so you can just call it by name ha.

sativa said:
you're implying that all thermaltake stuff is 1/4"

but they have 3/8" stuff...

My hate for Thermaltake goes beyond diameter. look at the pic of the CPU block and notice the cracks. I did no appreciate the bath my 7800 GTX 512s took due to the piece of crap Thermaltake CPU block.

Back