Xoxide Operation X (Jun 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiretap

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, incase you guys didn't notice, Xoxide is supposed to be having a huge sale according to their "Operation X" promotional ads. I guess it is one day only -- JUNE 1st. Then, they are supposed to have more sales at the first of every month with big savings. I just wanted everyone to be aware that it is just a few short days away. I'll most likely be picking up a case, some accessories, and hopefully some watercooling stuff if they put it at discount. I don't have any preview of what will be up for sale, but maybe one of you guys might have additional info to post up.

www.xoxide.com
http://www.xoxide.com/operation-x.html

Here's what their add says...

fr-operationx-560.jpg

That's right, X-Hour is over.

X-Hour was started Sunday, September 8th, 2002. That's 192 Sunday's ago. For years X-Hour was THE computer modification sale. Sunday at 9:00PM EST Xoxide.com was the place to be.

However, in those three plus years X-Hour has aged. Along with this aging, X-Hour has been knocked off in one form or another by almost all of our competitors. X-Hour was the original, but these knock off sales sometimes make it hard to tell.
We Innovate - They Copy.

That's why we've decided to set oursevles aside from the rest... AGAIN. After an estimated 10,000 items have been bought on X-Hour, it's time for something different, something new.

OPERATION: X will be like nothing you have ever seen!
Be back June 1st for the chance to save some serious cash!

I haven't been to their website in awhile. Last time though I remember reading about this. The one day i got to check out their "sales" nothing seemed very impressive when tacking on their higher priced shipping. Even higher than going back with FedEx and the egg.

Hopefully this sale will bring some changes as they have decent prices when shipping isn't $20+ for standard ground shipping on their cases. The case I'm looking at they're charging 26 bucks for shipping, NE has the same case with 3 day shipping for 15.

But, like i said, it would be great if "Operation X" brought forth some changes in their pricing, and more specifically, their shipping.

i haven't either, they used to have weekly x-hour sales on sundays, and once in a very, very, rare blue boon you could pick up a could of cathodes for cheap, or something worthless. Their deals have never really been that great, so hopefully, this is a change. However, I wouldn't expect too mcuh. Maybe saving ~$5 on a case over newegg or such..

yaa.. the "nothing like you have ever seen before" part makes it interesting.. lol. *crosses fingers* But they do have a pretty nicely built site with a nice variety of products. Their shipping really isn't that killer for me on cases and stuff. To ship a case to Michigan, its 12 dollars, and accessories only cost me 5 to 7 dollars shipping. They recently just switched over to offering cheaper shipping. I just like how they have the site set up so they have all the specifications and plenty of pictures listed for each product. If I can pick up some deals for my next computer, I'm all over it. :cool:

At what time does it start? 00:00:01 on the morning of the 1st? EST, CST, PST?

been buying components for years, never even heard of X-hour

We'll see, hopefully I'll remember to look :p

Thanks for the heads up OP

OP: Thx for the headsup! Will be interesting to see what can be saved on one of those dog-kennel-sized UFO cases. (OK, a little doggie.)

Bringing Up My Post.

Just a quick reminder and bringing the thread back to the top because the sale might start as early as midnight... not sure though. Whatever time they choose, it will most likely be EST because that is what they have been using in the past to advertise their sales.***Crosses fingers for a good sale.***

I'll cross my fingers to see if we have any good sales on water blocks and liquid cooling kits.

Hmmm... would've been nice to post the actual time frame earlier.. having to wait until midnight on the 1st, to find out the sale starts "sometime" between 9-10pm EST is kinda gay.

"Limited product quantity" makes it more un-appealing. :(

Sounds like a glorified clearance sale. :rolleyes:

Ditto. I'm pretty disappointed and won't even bother with this. I like a good sale, but I'm certainly not going to sit by the computer for an hour hoping that my timing is right, ESPECIALLY since we don't even know what's going to be on sale.

The one hour model sucks because what almost always happens is the site gets HAMMERED at the start time, and people give up after 10-15 minutes, or the product sells out before it can be purchased.

Amex has their "MyWishList" event and that same crap happens every time. Server is hammered for the entire time till it's all gone.

HARDLY an original idea Xoxide.

more infos posted:

Home > OPERATION: X

OPERATION: X
pad

It's finally here... OPERATION:X

We seem to be getting this question a lot, "What the $%*# is OPERATION:X!?" So I think it's about time we let everyone know.

OPERATION:X will be your opportunity to get the best deals on computer modification supplies ever! Looking to snag up a $100 computer case for $30? A $200 Swiftech water cooling kit for $60? A power supply for $5? Quality gaming headphones for $10? A one week vacation for you and 10 friends to your very own private island for only $25?* I think you get the idea.

Three items will be on sale:

* One: A mind blowing deal with extremely limited quantity (Ex. $100 item @ $30)
* Two: An amazing deal with slightly more quantity available (Ex. $100 item @ $50)
* Three: The lowest price you'll find on the net for a given item and more abundant quantity than the first two (Ex. $100 item @ $80)
* Oh yeah, we'll probably litter the front page featured items with some great deals as well.

What time will this go down, you might ask? The time will be randomly selected between the hours of 9:00PM - 10:00PM EST. The sale will NOT start at 9:00PM, rather some mysterious time in between the two.

And remember, if you don't get exactly what you want this time around there's always next month. OPERATION:X will be on the 1st of the month, EVERY month!

*Okay, that one was a joke - what do you think we are, stupid?

OPERATION:X will be at a randomly selected time between 9:00PM - 10:00PM EST. Items will be on sale below manufacturing costs!
Quantities will be limited!

interesting.

* One: A mind blowing deal with extremely limited quantity (Ex. $100 item @ $30)

that gives me the willies.

eh... not exactly what I was expecting, but I'll give it a try. I bet their site will be lagged out.. rofl.

Jeez, "time will be randomly selected between 9pm est and 10pm est"? what kinda shit is that?

/forgets all about bothering

i hope they have the apex ultra kits for 65 bucks, ill buy 4 or 5 of them at that price.

Xoxde Operation X, is just about like Woot's BOC, you may have a 50/50 chance to get to their website, and when you do, they run out.

I think they just made it go from a decent sale to a consumer-unfriendly sale. What if you were working tonight and can't check that stuff out? I too think it stinks they limited it to "some time" in between 9 and 10pm. They also didn't list how long it would last. Is it just suppose to last for 15 minutes, until 10pm, until midnight?

I also agree it could end up being like other sites offering deals and then they get hammered and everything slows down to a crawl.

All in all, the sale doesn't sound original. Items being displayed on the front page that they deem "great sales" sounds similar to so many other websites. But do i really care about originality when it comes to a sale ...ummm, NO. I want deep discounts, and hopefully they can deliver on that although it also gives the impression of a glorified clearance sale on discontinued items.

I am new to xoxide.com(They always seemed overpriced to me) But for this deal I might stick around. I am just asking if there is a way to register an account with them so that I can keep up with the fast purchases?

My noob question is this...
If I see something go up for sale, and I add it to my shopping cart, and then wait around for the tier 2 sale... could people be checking out the item in my shopping cart so that when I go to check out it will say out of stock?

viper650 said:
i hope they have the apex ultra kits for 65 bucks, ill buy 4 or 5 of them at that price.
what makes you think that this is going to happen?

drizzt81 said:
what makes you think that this is going to happen?

I don;t think so it is going to happen, but they might put some other ones for this price.

The Sale starts @ 9pm to 10pm Eastern Time

Here's a break down by Time Zone

Eastern Time: 9pm to 10pm

Central Time: 8pm to 9pm

Mountain Time: 7pm to 8pm

Pacific Time: 6pm to 7pm

BLaZEjjp said:
I am new to xoxide.com(They always seemed overpriced to me) But for this deal I might stick around. I am just asking if there is a way to register an account with them so that I can keep up with the fast purchases?

My noob question is this...
If I see something go up for sale, and I add it to my shopping cart, and then wait around for the tier 2 sale... could people be checking out the item in my shopping cart so that when I go to check out it will say out of stock?
Most shopping cart softwares don't remove an item from the retailer inventory until the purchase has been authorized. So if you sit there with it in your shopping cart for a week, you're going to be out of luck as other people buy the ones you're trying to get.

That sucks I get off of work at 10:00pm.
If the sale was longer, I'll bite and get a few items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back