Viewsonic 2025wm stand upgrade!

Hey guys, its been awesome to see my thread about the Viewsonic 2025 being a major single source of information about this kick ass monitor for the price! However, there has been that major drawback about not having any kind of adjustable stand to allow height, pivot and most important to alot of folks, rotate.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026462

Well, wonder no more. I found a perfect subsitute stand to give our Viewsonics the flexbility of all the other competitors for cheap!! You can easily find this model at your Staples, Circuit City or favorite online shop. Its the Ergonomics FlexArm stand for around $39. Below, i'll show the setup steps for stock stand removal and installation of this much nicer stand!

As nice as this monitor is, the stand just plain...well blows.

before3na.jpg

Time for an upgrade!
neoflex6ag.jpg

First major step it to remove the lower panel and arm cover with a few screws BE CAREFUL! You must GENTLY pry off the lower arm cover where the cable snaps are attached or you will break it!

removal0pr.jpg

Now its time to attach the arm swivel assembly like so....

attachstand4oa.jpg

And wallah! Your 2025WM now has fully function height, pivot, swivel and rotate abilities! The stand is made of heavy diecast steel and plastic, it DEFINENTLY won't easily fall or shake unlike cheaper stands with other LCDS

after3uj.jpg

Cool, I don't really care but I am sure someone is wondering. Does this thing rotate vertically?

ROFL where u get those Starcraft Models. Im about to buy that monitor in the Summer. Does the new stand help in any way. Or just for the better looks?

ReDgUaRd008 said:
ROFL where u get those Starcraft Models. Im about to buy that monitor in the Summer. Does the new stand help in any way. Or just for the better looks?

Well from the pics you can see that he can raise the monitor and put the center speaker under it, unlike before.

my vp came stock with a stand like that. I wonder why they don't put that stand on all the higher end monitors :/

Coldtronius, I salute you. Great find, and I'll definitely pick one of these up. I want my rotation, dangit! :p

Does your g/f know you are posting pics of her online for all the perverts in [H] to see...lol :D

i bought one of those swing arms the 35-174-300 for like 50 bucks on ebay, and a refurbished veiwsonic on newegg for 263$ so i am stoked when they come this week total was like 350$

MrGuvernment said:
Does your g/f know you are posting pics of her online for all the perverts in [H] to see...lol :D

They can masturbate about her all they want, im the only one who gets the loving :cool:

ahahahaha

:)

i find the stock stand a good height, but one of those would be nice, sometimes it is nice to have the monitor up higher instead of me having to lower mychair and me being 6'4, would be nice.

Uh, what's the point of a rotating mount if the desktop won't change with it?

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but how did you mount this, well mount? I think I can faintly see 4 screws on the vx2025. Is that a stantard part of the monitor?

Great illustration.

deb0 said:
Uh, what's the point of a rotating mount if the desktop won't change with it?
You change that in your nVidia/ATi control panel, silly. :p

Personally I have no need to rotate mine or anything, so the stock stand is fine for me.

Coldtronius, can you tell me after using this new mount, does it shift the display back more than the original stand? It appears like it might, maybe quite a bit too (couple of inches?).

Also, the stand you got, was it the 33-294-CBL model? I've been looking where to get it, and the cheapest I've found is $47 from buy.com (free ship). Everywhere else seems to want $49 to 59.

curveball692 said:
Coldtronius, can you tell me after using this new mount, does it shift the display back more than the original stand? It appears like it might, maybe quite a bit too (couple of inches?).

? Could you elaborate, im not sure what you mean

It was $50 at Staples, so the price will bounce around that area. Its freaking stable as hell though, its heavy! This aint no cheap ass Dell or Gateway stand, thats for sure

I mean, with the original stand, backed up against my wall behind the desk, the face of the LCD is about (guessing) 8" from the wall. This new stand looks like it would position the front of the panel closer to the wall, maybe 5-6" away. Or is that just an optical illusion from the various photos? Difference coming from the original stand being angled back, and this new one straight up and down for hte most part.

curveball692 said:
I mean, with the original stand, backed up against my wall behind the desk, the face of the LCD is about (guessing) 8" from the wall. This new stand looks like it would position the front of the panel closer to the wall, maybe 5-6" away. Or is that just an optical illusion from the various photos? Difference coming from the original stand being angled back, and this new one straight up and down for hte most part.

Oh I see, yeah, i'd say it sticks forward another 1-2 inches due to the arm on the new stand.

When you say forward, do you mean another 1-2" closer to the wall or your eyes? :) I'm trying to tuck this thing back a bit more (neck is getting sore from turning back and forth cause its sooooo wide!:D)

curveball692 said:
When you say forward, do you mean another 1-2" closer to the wall or your eyes? :) I'm trying to tuck this thing back a bit more (neck is getting sore from turning back and forth cause its sooooo wide!:D)

closer to you

Got my stand upgraded last night. Easy as hell to do, took about 5 minutes. And very nice now, I can set my center channel speaker under the monitor just like I want, and the pivot and tilt and raise/lower ability of this new stand are great! Its like having my old VP171b back on my desk, but much wider and larger! :D

curveball692 said:
Got my stand upgraded last night. Easy as hell to do, took about 5 minutes. And very nice now, I can set my center channel speaker under the monitor just like I want, and the pivot and tilt and raise/lower ability of this new stand are great! Its like having my old VP171b back on my desk, but much wider and larger! :D

Welcome :cool:

In case anybody else was thinking about upgrading their stand.... the stand he bought is now discontinued. Here's the new one: http://www.ergotron.com/ConsumerPro...Product/PRDID/126/Language/en-US/Default.aspx

It has the same specs as the old one but, in my opinion, it looks much better. I just bought one last night and it should be here tomorrow, so I'll let you all know how it works out. One last thing. I got it for 43.85 shipped from monstronix -- cheapest I could find.

KenDawg said:
In case anybody else was thinking about upgrading their stand.... the stand he bought is now discontinued. Here's the new one: http://www.ergotron.com/ConsumerPro...Product/PRDID/126/Language/en-US/Default.aspx

It has the same specs as the old one but, in my opinion, it looks much better. I just bought one last night and it should be here tomorrow, so I'll let you all know how it works out. One last thing. I got it for 43.85 shipped from monstronix -- cheapest I could find.

Can you post pics when you get it and with it installed, I also like the new model more than the old one
thks

Thanks Coldtronius for your excelent review of this monitor and for this thread.
I'm going to buy the vx2025wm in a couple of days and I was wondering if it is really necessary to buy this stand.
Could you help me on this?

Arseng07 said:
Thanks Coldtronius for your excelent review of this monitor and for this thread.
I'm going to buy the vx2025wm in a couple of days and I was wondering if it is really necessary to buy this stand.
Could you help me on this?

He got banned. But to answer your question only if you want to change the height. To me the stock stand is great. It is in lined with my eyes and perfectly in lined with the center.

ReDgUaRd008 said:
He got banned. But to answer your question only if you want to change the height. To me the stock stand is great. It is in lined with my eyes and perfectly in lined with the center.
Thank you ReDgUaRd008 for replying.
I was going to buy this stand because probably in the future I'll be buying a new desk and it would be good to have that adjustability in case it is needed.
But now I will probably buy just this monitor without the ergotron stand and save the rest of the money for my next major upgrade (motherboard, cpu, videocard) and I'll see if I need it by that time.

Back