Official BenQ FP241W Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

Groto

Limp Gawd
BenQ Unveils World's First LCD Monitor with Full HD Support

HDCP up to 1080p (the dell 2407 only does hdcp at 720p and component inputs don't work correctly)

DVI-D, VGA, Component Inputs, S-video, Composite , 3 usb ports

AND AN HDMI INPUT!! :D :D

BenQ aims to price this monitor competitively with the Dell 2407

Either has a 1000:1 or 800:1 contrast

(in the press release it says 1000:1)
http://www.benq.com/press/News.cfm?id=1343&cat=0

(but in the system specs on the same benq site, it says 800:1)
http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=812&page=specifications

so im not sure what the contrast ratio is..

Post any links and pictures that you all can find

Here's a picture:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2746

If there is one thing that Dell knows how to do well…. its PRICE WAR. I can see them taking the 2407 to 600 - 500$ before the end of the year if they have to in order to fight off challangers like this.

Bacillus said:
If there is one thing that Dell knows how to do well…. its PRICE WAR. I can see them taking the 2407 to 600 - 500$ before the end of the year if they have to in order to fight off challangers like this.
God I hope so

yeah thatd be nice shoot id purchase the 2407 for 600, imagine gateway might lower their price on their 21inch!!!!!!

Groto said:
im not sure if its glossy or not
Groto, thanx for the Thread. I hope you keep it "bumped" up, so we can read it. without having to go hunt it.
That monitor sounds fascinating. Is it on sale yet?
Anyone have one?
What do other websites think about it?
Thanks for the good job.

It's not supposed to be on sale till sometime in july im pretty sure... I

Groto said:

HDCP up to 1080p (the dell 2407 only does hdcp at 720p and component inputs don't work correctly)

AND DUAL HDMI INPUTS!! :D :D

BenQ aims to price this monitor competitively with the Dell 2407

Either has a 1000:1 or 800:1 contrast

(in the press release it says 1000:1)
http://www.benq.com/press/News.cfm?id=1343&cat=0

(but in the system specs on the same benq site, it says 800:1)
http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=812&page=specifications

so im not sure what the contrast ratio is..

Post any links and pictures that you all can find

Here's a picture:
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2746

It appears to have 800:1 contrast and only 300cd/m2 brightness. :( I'll pass. Does the 244T do 1080P with HDCP?

So im guessing that fast response time kills performance? and screen quality? also im guessing it uses more power? anyways, i would like 23" LCD :p i kinda turn my head playing with what i got now.

Anyone know if that Benq 24" uses a PVA panel or an IPS panel or S-ips panel?

Groto said:

AND DUAL HDMI INPUTS!! :D :D
BenQ FP241W only has one HDMI input. The inputs from behind the monitor from left to right, DVI, HDMI, VGA, Components- Red, Blue, Green, Composite, S-video, and lastly usb-B type connection. I got this info from ASCII magazine that published the inputs picture. Menu buttons appear to be on the right side of the bezel... meaning no menu buttons visible looking directly from the front. For panel, BenQ would likely use S-PVA or MVA with BFI technology.

I read on an online forum that it was sometime in july but im not sure if that was for the United States or not.

There were several articles that said June, but hey, since it's July 3rd, it's looking more like July... ;)

Since when did the 2407 only do HDCP at max 720p - how is this possible, it makes no sense, I mean you would never drive the 2407 at 1280 x 720 for starters, it's the wrong aspect ratio...You would always drive it at 1,920 x 1,200 and allow the appliaction to scale the video content regardless of the res of the source material...What's the score with the 3007?

EDIT:
OK, I see that this info comes from a moderator on the Dell forum. Personally, I think it's probably bullshit. The implication is that you'd have to set the desktop res to 1,280 x 720 before playing any HDCP content, and that would simply be too stupid for words.

Oh and looking at that BenQ spec thing, what it claims is that it's the world's first monitor with HDMI and 1080p HDCP capabilities. The 2407 doesn't have an HDMI port, but that doen't prevent it from being fully HDCP compliant.

wow this monitor totaly ownez the dell 2407! but the price kind of sucks they should of made it cheaper then the dell 24inch so they can't iliminate all competition!

Anymore news on the BenQ? I read on TFTCentral that it is using an AU Optronics P-MVA panel and not the Samsung S-PVA that the Dell uses...

I cancelled my Dell order for two 2407's due to the numerous issues with them. I'm really keen on the BenQ - hopefully it will be as good as the VX2025 :)

sept 15?? geesh I hope that's not true. It was supposed to be available in july...

This review sort of confirms the September release: http://www.behardware.com/articles/629-1/24-inches-the-dell-2407wfp-vs-the-samsung-244t.html

So this is the reason why BenQ´s next product draws our attention. They recently announced the release of a 24" monitor, the FP241W with HDMI, which will feature the first AU Optronics P-MVA 8 ms panel. This will be the bigger version of the panel included in the very popular Belinea 10 20 35W and ViewSonic VX2025wm. Twinkling in video sequences of these two monitors is almost equal to zero and the image is much nicer in SD and HD (this is true for all compression rates). BenQ told us that this monitor would be available in shops in September

Also, it's showing up in Froogle at places like Buy.com with a price tag over a grand. And it's being listed with a 800:1 CR on these merchant's pages.

Chris583 said:
if it was on for 600$ I would buy it right now in a heartbeat.

You have better odds of winning the lottery twice back to back than for something like this to debute at $600, which the 2407 isn't even at right now and its been out for a while now.

OMG! I don't suppose somebody from BenQ happens to be looking at this forum at this very minute? :(
If so can you please post the date and time of the official release of the FP301W 30 inch high res lcd monitor?

Thank you. :(

why don't people want to pay for quality? This monitor buries the dell and quite rightly should be more expensive. Personally I wouldn't touch dell with a bargepole in any event.

IsaacS said:
why don't people want to pay for quality? This monitor buries the dell and quite rightly should be more expensive. Personally I wouldn't touch dell with a bargepole in any event.

People are always looking for deals and regardless how cheap the price is, they will always want it to be cheaper.

Anyways, seeing as the Benq 24" is listed at the same price (in CDN) as the Dell one (NOT on sale), there's really not much of a price difference for something that has better quality (I hope).

Who knows, maybe Benq will have some rebates sometime down the road after it's been released. And we all love rebates! (sarcasm). :p

SargeZA said:
Anymore news on the BenQ? I read on TFTCentral that it is using an AU Optronics P-MVA panel and not the Samsung S-PVA that the Dell uses...

I cancelled my Dell order for two 2407's due to the numerous issues with them. I'm really keen on the BenQ - hopefully it will be as good as the VX2025 :)

You'd be better off with the S-PVA panel over a P-MVA. I wouldnt buy a monitor from dell though.

SICK with this price point its ALL BUT MINE! It just needs to come out...NOW!

so who wants to try their luck buying something from TigerDirect?

Bump. Any Canadians out there hungry enough to try Tiger out? If so, let us know. :D

Back