For the gamers...

digitalmind

Limp Gawd
Shamelessly quoted from a post on head-fi:

The answer to all the threads here asking about the ultimate gaming headset, which so far didn't exist:

JensL said:
Looks pretty serious, I think:

http://www.beyerdynamic.de/cms/typo3temp/pics/9d5b64a6e1.jpg
fixed. we shouldn't be hotlinking images as per section 14 of the [H]ardforum rules. thx. ---- magnetik

Supposedly, it's meant for aviation use, but if the microphone is easily driven, I can see lots of serious gamers wanting 35 dB isolation and excellent sound and build quality.

German link:
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/cms/Aviation_Products.1436.0.html?=&L=1

Different, english link:
http://www.spitfired2dchallenge.co.uk/Dawn to Dusk/News/6C5E31CA-45D2-4B57-9B34-C0335713301C.html

It is mentioned that the HS-300 is going to cost the same, or less, than the Sennheiser HME 100, which retails at $299. Not too bad, actually.

It looks like it's even possible to customize it via the Beyer Manufacture...

Pretty cool.

It's a 2006 DT-770, which is one of, if not the, best gaming headphone on the market, with a built in mic.

I don't want to see any more threads asking for "Best gaming headset?", understood? :D

Rik

EDIT:
Thanks magnetik.

digitalmind said:
It's a 2006 DT-770, which is one of, if not the, best gaming headphone on the market, with a built in mic.
Where's the soft velour ear pads? I wonder if leather is just an option, or if its just standard.... and if velour is an option.

Still, if you could have a dt770pro with a mic built on, that's pretty cool!

towert7 said:
Where's the soft velour ear pads? I wonder if leather is just an option, or if its just standard.... and if velour is an option.

Each one is ordered customized with what ever pad you want and even engraved aluminum bands...

Sry...didn't mean to come across harsh like that.

BBA said:
Sry...didn't mean to come across harsh like that.

YOU didn't read your own post did you? :)

Exactly DT-770s or close to it? They may have changed the acoustics to reproduce voices better for aviation, thereby making them not so great.

serbiaNem said:
YOU didn't read your own post did you? :)

Exactly DT-770s or close to it? They may have changed the acoustics to reproduce voices better for aviation, thereby making them not so great.

From the Beyer Dynamic distributor in Norway:
The HS-300's will have excactly the same systems/drivers as found in DT-770 Premium, and the signal path is straigth-forward without any filtering or electronics involved. There will be a small pre-amp for the microphone mounted inside though..
:)

I don't understand why people just don't get a nice pair of headphones, and a $10 dollar stand up mic from best buy? I come in nice a clear with mine on vent.

I use my webcam and sennheiser 595s

though my senns are getting torn up from wear and tear, and the 10foot cable is a bit much, so I might be interested in this.

and my grandfather is a pilot so I know they won't be putting 10 foot cables on these or else some serious accidents may happen from wires getting caught on rudder controls.

wow...wish I would have seen this before I got my DT770-80's, but I don't use the mic much and I'm loving them anyways :)

Well, looks like you can get the base model for about 260$ shipped from beyer direct on their updated manufaktur site.
http://www.beyerdynamic.com/cms/manufaktur.1456.0.html#

With the soft velour ear pads (either grey or black), it just adds 10$us to the price.

For 270$ shipped, that's a bit more than most average gamers are willing to spend, but still... I bet these are the be all to end all headset for gaming!
Ye ha!

If I was a pro gamer, ide snatch a pair.

True, but my $20 logitech wal mart headphones have served me well for 3 years, may not be the best quality, but I dont see where the $300 gaming headphones come into play. They must be ridiculously good or something.

hmmm i like stick it out till more people try it out. Im fine with my AT cans. The Cans will prolly last a long time but i dont know about the mic. Senn pc150/ steelsound anyone?

I'd rather have my 5.1 headset (set x-fi to 5.1 and enable CMSS-3d and all games are surround sound).

ZXcs, there is just about no way I would want a 5.1 headset over those beyers (unless they finally made one that is equivalent in audio quality.

Especially since the X-FI can Do CMSS 3d properly on 2 channel cans, and these are much better than any 5.1 set out currently IMO.

Back