REMINDER: Subforums

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, I just want to remind you that we have the PC and Console subforums for a reason. Most of you have been pretty good about it, but there's still a few rogue threads everyday.

When starting a new thread, take a second to think about where it would fit better.

PC Subforum:
Not only for pc-only games, but for anything that is an issue exclusive to PC's. You don't install games, adjust their resolution/AA/AF, or use xfire on consoles.

Console subforum:
For console-only games, as well as anything having to do with Nintendo, Sony, or non-windows/directx Microsoft gaming.

General:
If you want to talk about a game that is on both platforms (like Oblivion), or more general things (like the "favorite boss" thread).

I'm going to leave this thread open for a bit. Feel free to post any questions here.

Can you please evaluate on general a little more - I'm still a little confused.

There are some games on both console and PC such as BF2 but both are very, very different from each other. Should general just be for gaming news, E3, Quakecon, etc?

If you're talking about BF2 for the PC: PC forum
If you're talkiong about BF2 for the console: Console forum

This would apply to all other cross-platform games.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
If you're talking about BF2 for the PC: PC forum
If you're talkiong about BF2 for the console: Console forum

This would apply to all other cross-platform games.

Yes.

There are going to be times when it works in general, for example, questions like "how do I complete quest X in Oblivion?" because it will apply to both versions of the game. Doesn't matter if you play it on pc or console, it will be useful.

On the flipside, if you're playing Oblivion on PC, questions about Anti-Aliasing don't matter to console users, so they should stay in the PC forum.

Similarly, if you're playing Oblivion on the 360 and have questions about Xbox Live Achievements, it will have no bearing on PC users, so it should stay in the console forum.

I've gotten use to the sub forums for the most part, but I still believe that they are completely pointless and it always ends up looking like complete arse when you go to the general game forum to see nothing but a page of moved threads. That should tell you something right there.

LynxFX said:
I've gotten use to the sub forums for the most part, but I still believe that they are completely pointless and it always ends up looking like complete arse when you go to the general game forum to see nothing but a page of moved threads. That should tell you something right there.
It tells me that people don't really care. It's our job to clean up the messes that result from that. I have started moving redirects the very next day, so, for the most part, you won't be seeing many moved threads anymore. :)

Back